HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

can only buy new mechs now!_ no unlocking_

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:11 AM

View Post3nn10, on February 15 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

its just sad that you cant unlock mechs with leveling anymore. Before you could save up your creds and by the time you unlock a mech you like, you could equip it and be ready to rock. Now you have to grind, then unlock the mech, then grind even more because items are north of 4k and internals are similar.

Before you had to buy the mech ranks to get a new mech. So, this new mech wasn't free.

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on January 10 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

I can tackle this one!   For the most part (as some mech prices have been shifted around to work with our new economy balance) the prices of mech-ranks and abilities were worked into the price of the mech. IE, they were not free.  

You will not be losing any of the progress that you made and any mechs that you unlocked for free will continue to remain yours.  Any mechs further on down the line will cost a little more (or sometimes a little less) then they used to however, the mechs will be stronger than a base mech was in Ascension,  We're balancing each mech to feel like a strong fully maxed out level 30 // rank 6 mech.

In other words, the money spent on mech ranks was not "lost" or "wasted" it was the technical price of the mech.   The "Unlocked" Mechs were only free if you considered it to be that way, but in reality, the price of the "Unlocked" Mechs was the HC/MC spent on ranks to unlock it through the previous mech.

However, we're aware there may be some edge case scenarios and like ZC stated, we're looking into them.

#22 McMoney

McMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:36 AM

i don't understand all the hate...
as said before, you can purchase ANY important part with the in-game-currency, no real money needed...only for the impatient people, who don't wanna work for the features...

in that, this system is not really different than COD or BF...even BF has a pay-to-play system integrated now...you can buy all the weapons from one class...even though they charge 60 € for the game, they still seize any opportunity to "grind" money from their customers...

(personally i think THAT defeats one of the most important aspects of a videogame, the sense of achievement, even though they argue that the idea behind this concept is to give players, who started a year later than the majority, a possibility to at least cover the "skill-and-equipment-gap"...imo skill isn't depending on equipment in a well-balanced game...)

Edited by McMoney, March 14 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#23 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:41 AM

Pay to play_ How much is that free mech you bought when you started playing_ You say it cost you Free_!

Wow, I guess you are right... Pay to play right there.

#24 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 08:25 AM

What ain't like is that you've to use MCs (real money) to buy mechs parts, there isn't other way... i'd readed somewhere in game that "i could buy X mech part using either MC or HC", but i don't see any option for this; im more interested on the different parts than on buy whole new mechs and then begin to level 'em up from zero.

#25 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 16 2014 - 09:12 AM

As you level your mech up, those mech weapon options become available, same with internals and items I believe. You can unlock them early via MC, but all gameplay related material is available via HC, eventually.

If you're referencing cosmetics, that's just how it works, just MC.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#26 CobaltSteel77

CobaltSteel77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaliforina

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:15 AM

They should give us more secondary weapons then more mechs. Stop giving more mechs in the game. Just give us more secondary weapons and primary weapons to unlock. Also unlocking the other mech parts, i hate it you cannot use paid skins on it or color it. It's so stupid they limited to the players. Players give them money.

https://www.playhawk...ession/upgrades

The CR-T mech on the link above, you cannot color it or use paid skins on it. That is very limited to players. i should be able to use paid skins on full upgraded mech. CR-T ONLY secondary weapon is a tow rocket___ REALLY___ You guys are really going to limit all mechs to one secondary weapon__ I'll just go back to ARMOR CORE games instead if you're really going to limited players. Upgrade the CR-T FULL RANKED MECH have hellfire missiles or have to valcans cannons or make up something new for a weapon. It's been a lllllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time without any upgrades to any of the old mechs.

#27 007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:32 AM

It kind of works in the same way as un locking, think of this, by the time you finish getting a mech to prestige you will have enough credits for a new mech.

-007eleven

Posted Image

#28 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostCobaltSteel77, on May 01 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

They should give us more secondary weapons then more mechs. Stop giving more mechs in the game. Just give us more secondary weapons and primary weapons to unlock. Also unlocking the other mech parts, i hate it you cannot use paid skins on it or color it. It's so stupid they limited to the players. Players give them money.

https://www.playhawk...ession/upgrades

The CR-T mech on the link above, you cannot color it or use paid skins on it. That is very limited to players. i should be able to use paid skins on full upgraded mech. CR-T ONLY secondary weapon is a tow rocket___ REALLY___ You guys are really going to limit all mechs to one secondary weapon__ I'll just go back to ARMOR CORE games instead if you're really going to limited players. Upgrade the CR-T FULL RANKED MECH have hellfire missiles or have to valcans cannons or make up something new for a weapon. It's been a lllllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time without any upgrades to any of the old mechs.

Yo, chill out, maybe you want to play a different game.  If you could switch secondaries around half the mech's would not exist.  This game is free, everything in it is free except Paid Skin, and some other cosmetic stuff.  Even in the cosmetics dept they already give you free stuff, 4 free thrusters, 3 free repair bots, free camo skins too , all just by level to 30, FREE.  Not to mention free stuff from event's like free valentine's day skins, free christmas repair bot.

You are new, play the game a month, then complain after you now what you are at least talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users