HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I Need Help Deciding Again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XNGaming

XNGaming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hey,

I am having way too much trouble deciding whether to get Inflitrator, Berserker, Raider, Predator, or Assault.  I like to be in the front-line and hate range.  I often need to run so I need the speed.  But, I also need power.  I want the ability to help me in battle the most.  If there are any other mechs that you would recommend instead of one of these five, please tell me.

Thanks!

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:47 PM

Raider or Berserker sound like your cup of tea.  If you want to try the slow-as-molasses C classes, you could try Vanguard.

Raider is a dual shotgun wielding mech with the ability Blitz that allows you to fire while boosting.  With an ability like that, you're pretty fast.

Berserker is an CR-T in A class form. It's fast, like A classes ought to be, but it's ability, Ballistics Barrage grants a short damage bonus. Pair that with sustained weapons like the Point-D Vulcan, you'll be ripping apart mechs in no time. Beware the low HP though.

Edited by Silverfire, February 12 2014 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 04:21 PM

First of all, based on what you've said, you would hate the predator.  It's the exact opposite of what you're asking for.

Infiltrator is about being sneaky.  Its ability is for starting combat from a good spot, not for activating mid-battle.  A better fit than the predator, but I think you can do better.

Berserker is kinda fragile, but it's fast in the air and has quite high damage.  A good one for you, just don't stick around longer than you need to.  It's tough for a light mech, but it's definitely still a light mech.

Raider is the ultimate mech for getting up in people's faces and just blasting them to bits.  Blitz makes you almost inescapable, and dual shotguns hurt like hell.  This is one of the more fragile medium mechs though, only 455 armor (105 more than berserker).  This seems like a great fit for you.

Assault is a well-rounded front-line fighter with great stats, but its ability and weapons are just like your recruit, so you might want to save it for later.

Edited by WarlordZ, February 12 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 12 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostXNGaming, on February 12 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I like to be in the front-line and hate range.
Inflitrator, Berserker, Raider, Assault

I often need to run so I need the speed.  But, I also need power.
Inflitrator, Berserker, Raider

I want the ability to help me in battle the most.
Berserker, Raider, Assault

If there are any other mechs that you would recommend instead of one of these five, please tell me.
Maybe the Scout_

After reading your requirements I recommend playing with the Berserker. It's fast, deals a lot of damge, has the best A class armor (350) and it's damage boost ability is quite handy.

Edited by ReEvolve, February 12 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#5 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 12 2014 - 08:43 PM

infiltrator. really good mech on ANY game mode and ANY map.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#6 XNGaming

XNGaming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 02:59 PM

Thanks a bunch you guys!  This helped out a lot!  Appreciate it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users