HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

2-22 "Triple Deuce" Official Recruitment Post

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:09 AM

Just a heads up we will not be recruiting for TPG League teams anymore we need to square the teams we have away first.

#22 maniteesquad

maniteesquad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 09:09 AM

I would be interested as long as the practice times stay relaxed. I have a thread you can check out if you like.
https://community.pl...oking-for-clan/

#23 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 02 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just a heads up to some people that may have questions. We are still recruiting players for 2-22. We just are not recruiting for any of our League teams at the moment until we can get everyone on the teams squared away. Feel free to send me a PM for any other questions.

#24 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted March 02 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hey nextokkin your b-team on TPG league disappeared was this intentional or a mistake on our system_ (Your Plan-b team

Edited by Requiem132, March 02 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#25 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostRequiem132, on March 02 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

Hey nextokkin your b-team on TPG league disappeared was this intentional or a mistake on our system_ (Your Plan- B) team

Plan b is overrated. Modify plan a!

#26 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 04 2014 - 08:33 AM

Okay guys, I just wanted to clear some things up. We ARE still recruiting members for our clan. We just are not accepting applicants for our TPG League teams for now. We had an issue that we are trying to resolve so we can get the teams organized. We could possibly be recruiting to fill up our Plan B team soon. I will let everyone know by the end of this week.

#27 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 09 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sorry guys, I have been out for awhile. Not only have I been sick we are in the middle of deciding whether or not we are going to be moving soon. So we have been looking at houses and getting approved for loans. You know all the fun stuff. I should be back on track hopefully this week sometime.

Nextokkin

#28 MilesPrower0

MilesPrower0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'd like to try my hand at trying out, normally get on around 6-8pm EST, people are gonna think i'm a noob, and I am. But trust me on this one.

#29 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 10 2014 - 08:46 AM

Just a reminder about Clan Practice times:

Sunday 7pm-9pm EST, Monday 5pm-11pm EST (Open Practice) Thursday 5pm-11pm (Open Practice)

I am wanting to get more scrim practice in for our clan, so the more that show up during practice sessions, the more likely we can get a scrim going. I would prefer to use TPG rules for these scrims, if possible. This means we will be following the mech limits, not using any restricted items (if you don't have any items to replace a restricted one, just don't use that item), and using a 5v5 player format. During these practice scrims, there will be no need to record these nor take screen shots of player boards unless you want to practice doing so OR if you want to share your footage for peer review.

If we can get 12 players on at the same time, we can do internal scrims (with 2 people sitting out once the match starts, and then those players can be swapped in on the next scrim). If we have less players (minimum of 6), Nextokkin or I can try to set up a clan vs clan scrim. Since several clans have expressed interest in doing scrims, this hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue to set one up on a moment's notice. Please be patient during these types of scrims, as clan vs clan requires setup time.

Also, feel free to experiment during these practice times. Try out a mech you are not familiar with, use an item that you don't use often. Perhaps you will find something that you like.

Since the TPG allows it (as of time of writing), I would recommend trying out a slightly higher FOV setting by adjusting the .ini settings. Make sure to set the in-game FOV to max (90) before doing this. Also, back up you old ini before doing this. Should it not work, you can easily restore it. This is the method I used (by Xacius): https://docs.google....yKaA/edit_pli=1
This should set your FOV to about 105 degrees. But you can experiment with it to your liking. It takes a little bit to get used to, but the wider field of view is not only helpful in CQC, but also can help those with slight cases of video game motion sickness (sometimes). Also note that it makes things seem a bit further away, but they are not. It also can curve the edges of the image along the side of the screen just slightly. You don't have to do this, but I would recommend trying it out. A lot of high tier players run this ini mod. Note that sometimes game updates will reset the in-game FOV, so be sure to check that after an update.

I would bookmark this document: https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=0
It has all sorts of data on mechs, weapons and items (be sure to notice the tabs at the bottom!) and is maintained by some of Hawken's leading players. Very handy when choosing your mech's loadout.

If you have some free time on Wednesdays, you can check out The Cockpit. A community-run webshow that starts at 7PM pst. It even has a Hawken Dev as one of its regular hosts! The show usually runs about an hour, and is entertaining and often informative (sometimes the show gets a bit of inside information ahead of the forums). They often have guests on the show, and sometimes these guests are other devs! Check it out! http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

Last but not least, feel free to check out the IRC http://webchat.quakenet.org/         channelname: #hawkenscrim
For those unfamiliar with IRC, its a chatroom. The "nickname" can be whatever you want, but I would recommend using your Hawken name so folks recognize you. A lot of Hawken members hang out there (including me!), and you can also set up scrims there by chatting with some of the other clan members there. It's usually quiet, but from time to time some interesting conversations start up there. Once you get experience with using IRC, Id recommend switching to a IRC client rather than using webchat (its rather buggy). I use Quassel myself.

/wall :)

Edited by ShadowGTR, March 10 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostShadowGTR, on March 10 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

-snip-

I love how this started out as a practice reminder, but ballooned into this huge info post. Quite the Shad-O-Wall. ;)

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#31 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostSaturnine, on March 10 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

-snip-

I love how this started out as a practice reminder, but ballooned into this huge info post. Quite the Shad-O-Wall. ;)

Haha! Well, you can't spell Shad-O-Wall without Shadow! :P

And yeah...that post kinda took on a life of its own. At first, I thought "Oh, this will be good info to include." Then "Better include this too." Before I knew it, I had that wall you see before you. :lol:

Posted Image

#32 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostShadowGTR, on March 10 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostSaturnine, on March 10 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

-snip-

Haha! Well, you can't spell Shad-O-Wall without Shadow! :P

And yeah...that post kinda took on a life of its own. At first, I thought "Oh, this will be good info to include." Then "Better include this too." Before I knew it, I had that wall you see before you. :lol:

And now you know how it started with me. Soon it will become an insatiable desire, and before long you'll have written up a 30 page guide in the forums.

/palpatine "Let the wall flow through you..."

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#33 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 10 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thank you Shadow for steppin up man. I should be back this week.

#34 SquatingChimp

SquatingChimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 05:04 PM

2-22.  Looking for another player_ Looking for a fun and serious clan.  Tired of playing matches with no mics. I am a competitive fps gamer/game in general. I have the knowledge and skills I think you guys might want_  Ok I am done trying to sell myself haha.  I am interested in joining. :)

Just saw a post about your practice times.  Works for me mostly!

Edited by SquatingChimp, March 10 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#35 Nextokkin

Nextokkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted March 12 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hello Chimp,

I will send you a message with the TS info. Our practice times for the TPG league team will be changing practice times. If your not interested in that and just a clan, we will send you the info.

#36 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 17 2014 - 08:56 AM

We are still looking for people to join our clan! If you are interested, and can meet the requirements listed in the OP, then feel free to post a message here or PM us. While we are not a "super serious, this is a second job, no life outside of Hawken" competitive clan, we do ask that members attend as many of the practice sessions as possible. We also ask that members attend practice on Sunday. This day, as of writing, is mandatory. It's so we can try to get a large enough group together to scrim (something that we really need to do more of). Of course, if we manage to get enough folks on during other practice times, we can also try to get scrims going during those times as well.

The more people we can get in the roster, the more likely we can do internal and vs other clans scrims!

Edited by ShadowGTR, March 17 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Chibode

Chibode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hey there, I am pretty new to this game but I would love to play with a team. my ingame tag is Chibode and my current mmr is around 1850.

#38 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 17 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostChibode, on March 17 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Hey there, I am pretty new to this game but I would love to play with a team. my ingame tag is Chibode and my current mmr is around 1850.

Sent you a PM with the TS info.

Posted Image

#39 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:24 PM

It's quiet...TOO quiet.

Time to resurrect this thread! *ehem*

If anyone is interested in joining, post here or PM. Our clan has shrunk down some to about 5 regulars. Since we are still working on getting established, we are putting the competitive part of the clan on standby until we get enough folks to set up a scrim team(s). In the meantime, we still try to show up during the practice times listed on the main page, but its mainly for fun, hanging out and talking smack with one another (in good spirits, of course).

If you want to join up with a good group of folks, and aren't afraid of a little friendly trash talking, look no further!

Posted Image

#40 RocketnRoll

RocketnRoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSaratoga Springs NY

Posted April 27 2014 - 09:16 AM

My Hawken callsign is RocketnRoll

I'm an older gentleman that enjoys team DM and I play  reaper, berserker, G2, Assault and Bruiser mechs depending upon terrain. I also have incinerator, Raider, and and CRT mechs.  I'm a level 30 pilot.   I would like to  become a member of your clan.

I have a mic but do not have the TS software.....installing should not be a problem.  my nickname is 4deuces because of my birthday.
Please me via email at  gjarrabet1@nycap.rr.com or through my Hawken call sign

Greg J (RocketnRoll)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users