HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Update: 2/19/14 at 11:30 a.m. PST (GMT-8)

News Update

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted February 19 2014 - 04:35 PM

I admit it...I didn't care for the Incinerator when it came out, I rolled with it for a few matches, then went back to my usual Assault/Berserker, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna give it a second look. Love the game too much to not!
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#42 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 19 2014 - 06:26 PM

I really can't see how someone uses the PPA compared to M4MA or BBY and said "It's good to go!"

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 03:06 PM.

"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#43 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 08:08 PM

Yeah I just played it after the new update. The PPA is much worse. Way to go!

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#44 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostCaliberMengsk, on February 19 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 18 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on February 18 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

You say "most notable changes." Are there other changes that you aren't telling us_

Just some back-end work that's not very interesting. (Shh don't tell our engineers I said that.)

Personally... I like knowing the backend stuff. so.... T_T
Something is coming... For sure... I can feel it, I can smell itPosted Image And it's kinda creepy :blink:

Edited by LarryLaffer, February 19 2014 - 10:49 PM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#45 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:02 PM

deleted

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#46 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:25 AM

Thx, Devs, Incinerator + Technician ruining the game now.

#47 Wahniel

Wahniel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 06:10 AM

CptCoy, on February 19 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Oh please post more emoticons everybody instead of discussing the effects of the update.

Everyone respond to the posts that DONT regard the mech or weapon, including the community manager that started the thread. I love wasting HC on non-viable misleading weapons that no one cares about.

okay.
I HAVE TO  ask you:
Like some cheese to your wine_!

You are complainig, that the M4MA is overheating too fast and no one cares.
Even worse, the dev's are increasing the HEAT by a THIRD in a hotfix.
What's the point_ Didn't they played it for just one hour_!
Is there nobody out there  except CptCaps..äh Coy, that nows how to play__
Think i must quit playing this game fast, if now one cares about the Cpt'n.

/irony off

Get it_ :-P
No_ Just PM me, i'll try harder to explain.

greetz,
der wahn

#48 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:41 PM

CptCoy, on February 18 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Everyone has mentioned their dislike of M4MA, but when ever anyone from Meteor has posted they just acknowledge every post but the ones asking about this weapon. It doesn't work. It doesn't even match the stats listed or the description.

I wasted over 6000HC on this and would either like it back or like to see the weapon fixed. At the very least acknowledge that it is broken.

I might not even be as disappointed or upset in the complete lack of viability for the moment if your redeem code function worked, so I could get some of those points back. Last I heard this was being worked on 5 days ago, but that seems like it should be a really simple fix.

I think what they did with the MMA was to make it much more of a support type of primary to make it so you focus on using your secondary more. After all, since it generates more heat, you'll be able to use the Sabre Launcher more often.

In fact, using the MMA on the incinerator is similar to using the REDOX on the Technician. The purpose of using those primaries isn't so much about the damage they output, but more of the debuff effect and using the secondary more. I don't think that the weapon itself is broken, but it's just used improperly.

I think the way the devs meant for the weapons to be used was like this: BBY is standard primary with a good balance between damage output and heat generation, PPA is meant to do more damage at the cost of heat generation to use with your Sabre, and M4MA sacrifices some damage and hitscan in order to gain some blast radius on its projectiles and a debuff effect while still maintaining a decent amount of heat generation.

I could be wrong, but that's just how I see things.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#49 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:45 PM

Mobstarr, on February 19 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Posted ImageMobstarr, on , said:
It's not about a buff for the SAARE. It's about fixing stuff that isn't working as intended. Both modes on the SAARE do the same stuff (dmg/splash), except the vertical mode consumes more heat and that's definitively a bug.

Vertical mode consumes more heat to do more damage. It's not a bug. Test that in the offline training and you'll see what I mean.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#50 Krieger_X099

Krieger_X099

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 11:51 PM

I mostly play the Incinerator only since I got it.  It's the perfect COOP mech.

Admittedly it's not so great for TDM and worse still in DM, but it's OK with Siege and Missile Assault too.

I think you have to play in the public games as a support.  You're the heat sink for the team.  You can do some damage, sure, but you suffer the smaller mechs on mobility and the other C's appear to have more damage output.   The Inc+Tech combo is insane and to be avoided if you see an Inc bearing down on you with a tech behind it.

COOP is a different matter, and MAMA shines there.  At the round start you simple spin up the MAMA and never stop firing both primary and secondary.  It's constant, sustained damage output in COOP.   think of it like a fire hose.  You just run around with it on all the time.

MAMA will get you killed in any other mode, period.

I expect to be unlocking PAPA today.  From the sounds of it this makes the Inc a more classic mech with the majority of damage coming from the primary and the secondary just there for when it's able to be fired.

All in all there is a good range of style choices with the family of weapons.  You can adjust your style and weapon load out to suit the game you want to play.

EDIT:  I just unlocked PAPA.. can I have that 6400 HC back please_ lol.  That thing is crazy.  Can't keep the heat off even spamming the high power secondary.  its a very odd  play style required to keep that dmg sustained. seems like you're supposed to blind fire the primary to keep the secondary charged with heat_  god forbid a team mate with any heat actually comes near you, you will instantly over heat

Edited by Krieger_X099, February 22 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#51 RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, just unlocked the PAPA, and it just has very little going for it.  With the BABY, I could fire both weapons forever and keep up a very solid damage output by raining SAARE shots, but even when using the secondary mode of SAARE with PAPA, you are screwed to overheating, mainly due to how teammates cause your heat gauge to fill up in addition to the crazy speed a PAPA heats you up.  Should I suggest that PAPA disables the Incinerator's passive to absorb heat from teammates_  I think that would make heat management with the weapon more manageable.  Because right now, PAPA is not worth the time or effort to manage the heat with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users