HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Full automatic guns to strong

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postcraftydus, on July 16 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

... a lazy pilot with clogged arteries and bad strats.

For some reason I found this hilarious.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#22 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted July 19 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 19 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Postcraftydus, on July 16 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

... a lazy pilot with clogged arteries and bad strats.

For some reason I found this hilarious.

its funny cuz it's true

#23 obliviondoll

obliviondoll

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 06:34 PM

I look forward to trying the SMC on my CR-T Recruit.

Maybe then, I'll be able to put on some weight. Keep up the parkour and swordfighting outside of Hawken, and I'll end up bulked up instead of fat like the usual lazy pilot.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

#24 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted July 22 2014 - 11:40 PM

Am I actually looking at a thread that complains that burst weapons don't also keep up with the sustained DPS of actual DPS weapons_

While we're at it, let's just ask that all burst weapons be given high RoF, low heat, long range , and be renamed ULTIMATE WEAPONS instead!

#25 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 23 2014 - 10:42 PM

The only time I ever find sustained weapons to be a large threat is in places with little cover. Other than that, the weapons perform the way they should. Sustained weapons are great for getting in people's faces and assaulting them while burst weapons are great for hit and run. If you try to use a weapon outside of the range it was designed for, then of course you run the risk of losing a fight.

I don't think the problem is with the weapons, but with the players. Of course things won't always go the way you want, but just because you die slightly more than YOU would like doesn't automatically make something unbalanced. Not saying that this post specifically was generated by that, but so many others are merely generated by players who couldn't handle losing. I will say one thing though, the SMC does seem too accurate for what it's supposed to be used for. It does make the AR seem really redundant.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#26 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 24 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 23 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

The only time I ever find sustained weapons to be a large threat is in places with little cover. Other than that, the weapons perform the way they should. Sustained weapons are great for getting in people's faces and assaulting them while burst weapons are great for hit and run. If you try to use a weapon outside of the range it was designed for, then of course you run the risk of losing a fight.

I don't think the problem is with the weapons, but with the players. Of course things won't always go the way you want, but just because you die slightly more than YOU would like doesn't automatically make something unbalanced. Not saying that this post specifically was generated by that, but so many others are merely generated by players who couldn't handle losing. I will say one thing though, the SMC does seem too accurate for what it's supposed to be used for. It does make the AR seem really redundant.

For this current version of the game, the SMC is the sweet spot for sustained weapons IMO.  I'm sure the next patch will fuzzy bunny it all up.

#27 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 23 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

The only time I ever find sustained weapons to be a large threat is in places with little cover.

When they added effective air combat, it removed quite a bit of useable cover which the maps were designed to have originally.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#28 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 24 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostSylhiri, on July 24 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

When they added effective air combat, it removed quite a bit of useable cover which the maps were designed to have originally.
Generally why I prefer to fight with a roof over my head, but yeah I do kinda agree with this.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users