HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Poll: Air Compressor

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Air Compressor: What Do You Think_ (231 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the current state of the Air Compressor_

1. Yes (94 votes [40.69%])

Percentage of vote: 40.69%

2. No (113 votes [48.92%])

Percentage of vote: 48.92%

3. I don't know / I dont care (24 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

What changes should be made to the Air Compressor to improve it_

1. It should be made into a built-in mechanic for all mechs instead of being an internal (97 votes [41.99%])

Percentage of vote: 41.99%

2. It should be removed as an internal and be granted to one unique subclass as an ability (44 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

3. Nothing, it's perfect as it is now (55 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

4. Other option (post in comments) (35 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 09:54 AM

Many players are pro-compressor, and many are anti-compressor. I would like to gather community members' opinions to see what the common denominator for this internal is.

#2 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:00 AM

I would say "make it a default mechanic but only for A classes." Because air dodging C's are just stupid and B's don't really need/deserve it.

Posted Image

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:45 AM

I say: "Change the physics .. or atleast ADD some!"

Right now the Air compressor feels so virtually and non-realistic ebcause of followign reasons:

1. WHen falling with 50 meter/second and you dodge in air you INSTANTLY stop falling.
2. When dodging in the air, you get an INSTANT boost to the left/right
(3.) It is just the same like the ground dodge, just without sparks and fuel consumtion.

So to improve that / fix that I suggest when dodging in the air, you start with a low velocity and later are as fast as the ground dodge but then slow down again. So the distance and time dodging is increased but in tardeoff with a longer dodge cooldown.
In addition, sto pthis INSTANT "fall-safe" Keep the mech falling but add a hover function while dodging so you can consume extra fuel to not get smashed when falling too fast.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 diablodevil2

diablodevil2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostTheVulong, on February 24 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

I would say "make it a default mechanic but only for A classes." Because air dodging C's are just stupid and B's don't really need/deserve it.

Really_ C Class needs all the mobility it can get, ha. Maybe if the A's had reduced firepower.

#5 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postdiablodevil2, on February 24 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on February 24 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Really_ C Class needs all the mobility it can get, ha. Maybe if the A's had reduced firepower.
Give 'em some more walking speed, increase dodge range but for love of God don't turn them into fat chickens.

Posted Image

#6 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hellfire users won't be happy to get Air Compressor revoked...
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#7 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:14 AM

Air compressor should be on all mechs and the air mechanics should be tweaked a bit.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#8 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on February 24 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

the air mechanics should be tweaked a bit.

How exactly_ Do you mean decreasing dodge speed/distance or something else_

#9 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 24 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostDerMax, on February 24 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Many players are pro-compressor, and many are anti-compressor. I would like to gather community members' opinions to see what the common denominator for this internal is.
thats exactly why it is internal in my opinion,cause some love it,others don't.

#10 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:25 PM

give it to Cs

Posted Image

#11 Deadmen_Tim

Deadmen_Tim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRussia, +7 GMT hours

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:29 PM

To be honest, Air Compressor is a most disgusting thing in Hawken to me, like whole "air Hawken" thing.

The mech with AC has super advantange compared to mech without AC. I would love to see tactical Hawken without AC. Or rather "see it again". At the current state it's just ridiculous air combat. Air combat Hawken, damn it!

Moving AC as a unique ability  to a certain mech looks like a really good decision.

Less good, but still an "ok" one is a "It should be made into a built-in mechanic for all mechs instead of being an internal". Dodge that consumes a lot of fuel, and also is limited to only one dodge in midair. With these two conditions air dodge becomes your life saving move, the thing you have to use properly and with good consideration. Instead of this ridiculous spammy air circus.
One of the Vodka People

I'm sorry for my Engrish. Feel free to correct me.

#12 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on February 24 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

give it to Cs
You GTF outta here with that statement..

Posted Image

#13 karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:53 PM

Voted.
You can refer to the comment Tim wrote like if it was my own.

Edited by karnak, February 24 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#14 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 24 2014 - 02:03 PM

I find it rather pointless that it takes up so much space in our internals list because it's almost debilitating for classes not to have it (some more than others, but still).  So, I hope we get it as a default setting and have Air Compressor do something else, like increasing the length at which you dodge_

#15 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 24 2014 - 02:49 PM

Really haven't felt a need to take air compressor on my mechs yet, it definitely helps when opponents use EOC and grenades though.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#16 ragnak

ragnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 04:53 PM

Making it universal, taking a lot of fuel and 1 use per flight (or long internal cooldown) would solve a lot of issues (like the fact that sometimes jump pads are death sentence, it would help with that without forcing everyone to use AC).

I freaking love how a lot of good players are voicing their concerns with AC but ADH couldnt give two fuzzy bunny about it.

#17 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted February 24 2014 - 07:05 PM

If there is one thing that should be taken out of the game it's the air compressor and the air dodge. It's a completely artificial construct and has no basis  for been in the game, non of the mechs have large lateral thrusters so cannot be linked to the ethos of the game and as some one has just said there are no physics associated with its behavior. If it has to stay up the fuel burn rate and have some reality in the dodge and fall characteristics.
I appeal to all like minded players to post as it seems if you winge and post a lot then the Developers will patch eg some habitual posters winged about the strength of the Snipers weapons and they downgraded it's hit capability. Where as I think a poll would suggested that sniper was now equipped to do the job the name suggests and it should have been left alone.
Not sure if it will work as the Developers have selective hearing and seem to be willing to change the game to suit the playing style of some people but not all.

#18 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostFakeName, on February 24 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I say: "Change the physics .. or atleast ADD some!"

Right now the Air compressor feels so virtually and non-realistic because of following reasons:

1. WHen falling with 50 meter/second and you dodge in air you INSTANTLY stop falling.
2. When dodging in the air, you get an INSTANT boost to the left/right
(3.) It is just the same like the ground dodge, just without sparks and fuel consumption.

I agree that the physics of air dodge are ridiculous.  They behave just like they're on the ground with no regard for momentum before or after the dodge.

Conservation of momentum please.

Edited by WarlordZ, February 24 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#19 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:52 PM

Still, Air Combat can be improved and/or extended. Nevertheless it is pretty good and fun in the game as it is now.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#20 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 03:30 AM

For me, the Air Compressor only makes sense on the berserker. This may sound radical, but I think maybe remove AC as an internal and just exclusively give the berserker the AC by default. That way, if you see a berserker, you'll know that's the only one that can air dodge.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users