HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Poll: Air Compressor

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Air Compressor: What Do You Think_ (231 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the current state of the Air Compressor_

1. Yes (94 votes [40.69%])

Percentage of vote: 40.69%

2. No (113 votes [48.92%])

Percentage of vote: 48.92%

3. I don't know / I dont care (24 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

What changes should be made to the Air Compressor to improve it_

1. It should be made into a built-in mechanic for all mechs instead of being an internal (97 votes [41.99%])

Percentage of vote: 41.99%

2. It should be removed as an internal and be granted to one unique subclass as an ability (44 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

3. Nothing, it's perfect as it is now (55 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

4. Other option (post in comments) (35 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 otlo

otlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania/Vilnius

Posted February 25 2014 - 07:11 AM

I totaly agree with Deadmen_Tim, hawken changed a lot, i play it even with this crossair, what is nearly impossible for me. But this AC makes me quit game, every time i see somone spamig it. Even a single mid air dodge change alot in a fight.
One of the Vodka People
manual for new players
also sometimes streaming hawken http://www.twitch.tv/otio_eune

#22 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 07:51 AM

I dunno, I got used to it now :/ I wasn't too fond of it, but it's not too bad

#23 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 26 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostHubbaBubba9849, on February 25 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

For me, the Air Compressor only makes sense on the berserker. This may sound radical, but I think maybe remove AC as an internal and just exclusively give the berserker the AC by default. That way, if you see a berserker, you'll know that's the only one that can air dodge.

I think the Zerker has enough already, just jumping already gives it a flying-Blitz.
Combined with Vulcan and damage amp, you have several dead mechs.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#24 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted March 01 2014 - 12:54 PM

I know a lot of people like it, but I have to agree with Tim, I don't think it belongs in Hawken and should be removed.  Remember the debates in the CB's over 'flying' mechs_

I admit, the air dodge thing is no where as bad as first envisioned, but the fact that a lot of players think that it should be included as a default ability (not an internal) due to the advantage it apparently gives...  This is a big red flag to me that something is broken pretty badly and should be adjusted or removed.

Edited by bacon_avenger, March 01 2014 - 12:54 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#25 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted March 03 2014 - 05:11 AM

This comes down to a comment I made earlier is this a Mech Game or paraphrasing a new player
'Is this a Mech game or Flying Budgies with machine guns'
For me the game is consistently drifting away from its beginnings and adds gimmicks if a dollar can be made out of it, but I live in hope.
good gaming to all.

#26 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:55 AM

I think the low fuel management even when flying is what is wrong, we should have less max fuel/fuel regen

#27 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted March 04 2014 - 11:16 PM

HubbaBubba9849
For me, the Air Compressor only makes sense on the berserker.
NO, nooooo!
Berserker or reserve abilities or replaced with increased damage abilities on Abilities "opportunity dodge in the air over 8 sec" - in no other way!
Actually my suggestion is: Change some of the characteristics of air dodge.
1) Make a delay between the time of take-off (jump) and Air Dodge - 1.2 seconds.
2) Speed ​​Dodge in the air speed must attain to the level Dodge on earth.
3) At the same time between two Dodges in the air should be increased by 50% relative to Dodge on the ground, ie eg for A class Mechs this time will be the same - 1.5 seconds.
4) Increase the size of AIR COMPRESSOR to 4 slots.

#28 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 05 2014 - 08:01 AM

Air dodging Scouts/Zerkers/infiltrators are my nemesis and give me the most trouble.
I feel however that it is for the most part balanced and while I struggle, it is mainly a reminder to improve aim/reflexes.  

If anything, there should be more interesting additional internals...
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#29 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 05 2014 - 09:12 AM

Just my 2 cents but:

After playing a while I can say I like the fact that not every mech has it. You have to sacrifice options to take it.

What I would like to see though is that the dodge speed gets toned down some. It feels as though it is faster than the ground dodge. I mean the whole air movement thing should be toned down a bit.  You simply have more advantages by being in the air now and NOT on the ground. Which is completely opposite from where the game was pre ascension. I think a little more balance towards ground play being a bit stronger would feel better to me. As it doesn't really feel right that air dodge and air mobility are as good as they currently are. Even a slight hop air dodge will save your butt better than a simple dodge. It doesn't take a lot longer to pull off either.

#30 X_Mangoose_X

X_Mangoose_X

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMirando desde la ventana detras tuyo

Posted March 05 2014 - 11:18 AM

I find exaggerated convert internal in buil-in, is fun but I prefer more varied configurations mechs.
even should be limited to only some units.

"No confundas mi Personalidad con Mi actitud, mi Personalidad es Quien Yo Soy y mi Actitud Depende de Quien Seas Tú."

#31 lmewmewl

lmewmewl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 12:20 PM

It should be removed

#32 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted March 05 2014 - 04:36 PM

Put it on everything, change nothing.  Air Compressor means maximum fun.

#33 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 05 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostAkrium, on March 05 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Just my 2 cents but:

After playing a while I can say I like the fact that not every mech has it. You have to sacrifice options to take it.

What I would like to see though is that the dodge speed gets toned down some. It feels as though it is faster than the ground dodge. I mean the whole air movement thing should be toned down a bit.  You simply have more advantages by being in the air now and NOT on the ground. Which is completely opposite from where the game was pre ascension. I think a little more balance towards ground play being a bit stronger would feel better to me. As it doesn't really feel right that air dodge and air mobility are as good as they currently are. Even a slight hop air dodge will save your butt better than a simple dodge. It doesn't take a lot longer to pull off either.

Increased delay on air dodge is something that should be looked at.
Just about every top level player seems to have Air Comp equipped on every mech.

Edited by Stingz, March 05 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#34 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 05 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostStingz, on March 05 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostAkrium, on March 05 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Just my 2 cents but:

Increased delay on air dodge is something that should be looked at.
Just about every top level player seems to have Air Comp equipped on every mech.

I don't run it on all my mechs, only the select few that it actually gets a really good bonus to do. I don't even do it on my bruiser or rocketeer as hellfires lock on rather interestingly now and hitscan weapons from the reaper and SS will tear you up faster than ever now. And so you want to know, I am over a 2k rating and dropped 200 points simply because I hadn't played hardly at all since ascension. Thus I've had to get back into the swing of things.

Time between dodges doesn't really seem to be an issue, specially if it is the same as what it is for the mechs on the ground. That still seems fair enough as there is no reason it shouldn't still work like that in the air.

#35 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 12:04 AM

When hawken was still hawken taking to the air meant you not only gained some advantages, but it also came with disadvantages. Nowadays all advantages seems to be with the airborn mech. The biggest gripe is that the ground based mech cannot even shoot straight up, so when you have a mech hovering over you, there is no way you can counter it.

#36 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 06:14 AM

View Posthendman, on March 06 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

When hawken was still hawken taking to the air meant you not only gained some advantages, but it also came with disadvantages. Nowadays all advantages seems to be with the airborn mech. The biggest gripe is that the ground based mech cannot even shoot straight up, so when you have a mech hovering over you, there is no way you can counter it.

Yeah that's why I propose a max fuel/fuel regen reduction, it would reduce the time in the air and help with the current situation

#37 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted March 06 2014 - 07:11 AM

I can understand the shock to tim and otlo as they come back after a long break and there's this THING. But taking it away completely would be weird at this point.. and would make alot of people angry and so on.

Btw if these machines can dodge that way they should be able to do jumps.. just sayin..

#38 Blentech_Blender

Blentech_Blender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCentre du Québec

Posted March 06 2014 - 08:18 AM

In my opinion the mechanic of the air dodge is wrong.

I should be something that is hard to control unlike a regular land dodge. When you dodge in the air you should be push left/right and that push should carry you for a good distance (inertia) And of course Air dodge should consume a lot of fuel!
It's Hawken smoke don't breathe this.

#39 Richgar

Richgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 09:27 PM

I think internals are too beneficial for A classes.
Air 180 - A classes. Composite Armor - C classes, highest base armor, but a crutch. Deflectors - A classes. Failsafe - A classes (For facehugging. Also a crutch for C's that can't keep distance.) Shock Coil - Predator and C classes. Extractor - All, percentage based. Reconstructor - A classes, flat 25/7 rate. Fuel Converter - A classes. Power Surger - A classes. Repair Kit - All. Evasive Device - A classes, percentage-based, but A classes have fastest base speeds. Air Compressor - A classes. Armor Fusor - C classes, percentage based, but C classes have highest base armor. Replenisher - A and B classes. (C classes don't have abilities with long cooldowns).

Edited by Richgar, March 06 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#40 Magnesium_Jello

Magnesium_Jello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 07:15 AM

The air compresser should increase the air dynamics of a mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users