HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2-Assault

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 rexholme

rexholme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 04:41 PM

The G2-Assault is inferior to the standard Assault under any conceivable circumstance. I have both.

-  Every possible standard Assault mech loadout has better dps than the G2 Assault's only possible loadout, twin nerfed Vulcan XTs.
-  Standard assault is capable of burst damage, the G2 assault has zero capability in this area
-  Standard assault is capable of pop-up damage, the G2 assault has zero capability in this area
-  Standard assault can be configured without spoolup time, with the 'submachinegun cannon', the G2 assault has zero capability in this area

DON'T BUY IT
There is no operational reason to purchase a G2 Assault. It is clearly inferior to the standard Assault. This is a disappointment, because the G2 Assault, at 12,816 HC, is tied with several other mechs for the dubious honor of 'most expensive mech'. The author acknowledges that there are non-operational reasons to buy an underperforming mech, such as completing one's mech collection.

HOW TO MAKE THE G2 ASSAULT USABLE
At the very least, the primary weapon slot should be unlocked so that the pathetic Vulcan XT can be scrapped. The Vulcan XT is an acceptable secondary weapon.

WHAT SHOULD I BUY INSTEAD
-  You can't go wrong with a Vanguard. It's durable, agile, and far more useful in most game modes.
-  If you have the skills, you might consider the Bezerker. It has the highest burst dps and quickest kill time of any mech, due to its damage-enhancing special ability.

#42 AngryTikiGod

AngryTikiGod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationThe Pacific Ocean

Posted June 02 2014 - 03:57 PM

I would probably use the G2 if the Vulcans hit harder and I could swap out the secondary with a better TOW than the G1.
I bought it..didn't like it SO I GOT ANGRY!!! and then cried
Aloha Pineapples!

#43 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted June 06 2014 - 07:41 AM

Its not an easy mech to use. Its a bit underpowered but in a team it can be very  effective when you can land the bullets accurately. The Vulcans do shred through the enemy but are hard to use.

#44 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 06 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on June 06 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

but are hard to use.
fingers get tired_

- lok'tar ogar -

#45 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 06 2014 - 08:27 PM

Now that I have one of these, just have to say I don't like using it for practical reasons but the simplicity of the mech has allowed me to have some fun with it. I already made a video on this mech that I posted to YouTube, so click my sig and look it up. This mech is much more for fun than anything else really, and the developers even said that themselves.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#46 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted June 07 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostKer4u, on June 06 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

but are hard to use.
fingers get tired_

You would be surprised how much you have to pay attention to not having explosives yourself besides Dets.

#47 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 07 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on June 07 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

View PostKer4u, on June 06 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

but are hard to use.
fingers get tired_

You would be surprised how much you have to pay attention to not having explosives yourself besides Dets.
The main advantage I can see with the G2A is that you can take the focus normally used to aim your TOW rockets and put it into dodging incoming fire. Since aiming the weapons is so easy you can focus more of your mental energy into dodging without worrying too much about fuzzy bunny up your own aim. So basically, this mech can be played when you're half asleep. I speak from experience on this one. XD
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#48 Falcon4Craft

Falcon4Craft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomewhere you never find me

Posted June 15 2014 - 10:44 PM

i like the g1 assault
so maybe i'll buy the g2 also
always ready to fight

#49 GodofNoob

GodofNoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 10:59 AM

I don't see why some people complain about this mech. I just got it today and I can see a difference in the G2 - Assault vs. G1 - Assault. First I will list some cons about this mech. It boost slower than the G1 (giving little room to escape fights), no alternative weapon customization, and deals slightly less damage when fired with one gun. The pros that I found that made the G2 fun to play are fasting mobility, more health (better surviability), two guns that can be fired simultaneously to shred any mechs in seconds (including tanks in turret mode while face to face), and a perfect ability that synchronize when firing both weapons at the same time. Got 1st place on team in 2 out of 3 games. It might not be the mech for everyone but it is a fun mech to run around and destroy mechs. :D

#50 GT500dude

GT500dude

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD USA

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

I've played this mech for a few hours of gameplay and as a 160 hour pilot I find it to be a bit dull. The times where I have been left hanging without a burst weapon are numerous. It is fun to play in certain situations and the upgraded air speed is cool, but it just seems to be lacking something even with air compressor and explosive items. Do not get me wrong I like it as a fresh idea and as a mech, but I prefer to stick with assault and my Tow rocket. *as a side note, dual nerfed SMBs would be very fun indeed*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users