HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator - Gameplay and Overview

Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys, I made another mech overview, this time with the Infiltrator. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

#2 ATCBob

ATCBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted March 04 2014 - 10:12 PM

Good video. Used it to try and lure my brother in.

#3 DragonDope

DragonDope

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 06:06 PM

Nice video man, with great tips!

As an infiltrator player myself, I'd like to share a few tips I found out myself.

1. Get behind as much as possible: as you said Abidus, the infiltrator is fragile. With that said, most of the frontal 1v1 matches you go up against wont turn out very well unless A- You have great aim and dodging capabilities or B- your target has low health (or at least half). But if you come from behind, you have the stealth advantage, so you can land loads of hits before they have time to turn around and fight you. Just don't get too close, that grenade launcher stings on both ends >.<

2. Choose your targets carefully: You should go for support units or other low life mechs (ex: Brawler) first. Even though their health is low too, be a little discreet, since most if these mechs can still hammer down hard on you. If you're feeling a little ballsy, you can try taking down a heavy mech. It's HIGHLY suggested you get behind them (since hitting them from behind in tank mode does extra damage) or go after them only if they're alone. It's possible, it's just hard.

3. Be cold: even though it might not be warrior like, if you find them repairing, take em out. You might even want to take a kill from someone, but try to find them vulnerable.

4, Get close: needless to say, the infiltrator isn't exactly your go to mech for across the map battle, so you need to get closer, which brings me to my next point.

5. Take the long way if necessary: I could be a little wrong, but from my experience, when a team takes up a position, it could be a while until they're able to move (thanks to your team mates), so don't be afraid if the best way isn't the quick way, you probably have some time to get there, and since the infiltrator is pretty fast, you should make rather quick work of the distance.

I could probably think of more, but since I'm on an iPod, I'll save my thumbs from typing more XD

Hopefully this helps someone!

#4 Abidus

Abidus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostDragonDope, on March 05 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

As an infiltrator player myself, I'd like to share a few tips I found out myself.

1. Get behind as much as possible: as you said Abidus, the infiltrator is fragile. With that said, most of the frontal 1v1 matches you go up against wont turn out very well unless A- You have great aim and dodging capabilities or B- your target has low health (or at least half). But if you come from behind, you have the stealth advantage, so you can land loads of hits before they have time to turn around and fight you. Just don't get too close, that grenade launcher stings on both ends >.<

2. Choose your targets carefully: You should go for support units or other low life mechs (ex: Brawler) first. Even though their health is low too, be a little discreet, since most if these mechs can still hammer down hard on you. If you're feeling a little ballsy, you can try taking down a heavy mech. It's HIGHLY suggested you get behind them (since hitting them from behind in tank mode does extra damage) or go after them only if they're alone. It's possible, it's just hard.

3. Be cold: even though it might not be warrior like, if you find them repairing, take em out. You might even want to take a kill from someone, but try to find them vulnerable.

4, Get close: needless to say, the infiltrator isn't exactly your go to mech for across the map battle, so you need to get closer, which brings me to my next point.

5. Take the long way if necessary: I could be a little wrong, but from my experience, when a team takes up a position, it could be a while until they're able to move (thanks to your team mates), so don't be afraid if the best way isn't the quick way, you probably have some time to get there, and since the infiltrator is pretty fast, you should make rather quick work of the distance.

I could probably think of more, but since I'm on an iPod, I'll save my thumbs from typing more XD

Great tips man! I'm with you on pretty much every point. Although, be careful of getting TOO close, since your weapons are all optimized for medium range, and you will need a head start in order to be able to escape effectively.

Also, try not to be so fixated on getting a kill every time you engage. There is no shame in taking a chunk out of an enemy (or several enemies) armour and getting away to fight another day. If you can get a kill, all the best, if not, no sweat!

#5 DragonDope

DragonDope

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostAbidus, on March 06 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

View PostDragonDope, on March 05 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Great tips man! I'm with you on pretty much every point. Although, be careful of getting TOO close, since your weapons are all optimized for medium range, and you will need a head start in order to be able to escape effectively.

Also, try not to be so fixated on getting a kill every time you engage. There is no shame in taking a chunk out of an enemy (or several enemies) armour and getting away to fight another day. If you can get a kill, all the best, if not, no sweat!

Yea, I totally get that, I think I shoulda put that in there, because in an ideal situation, you can draw their fire so your teamates can ambush them from the everywhere.

#6 kadath001

kadath001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 12:59 PM

very nice video overview, infiltrator is my favourite too, i think its has so many estrategic advantages, but like you say it, its not a easy to use mech, and changes a lot depending the loadout,

i have seen so many infiltrator pilots using it with assault rifle, and they play very well,  im used to heat cannon and Eoc r. i think are the best options for infiltrator, bu t that depends finally on the pilot,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users