HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

SMC - AR - PointD Vulcan - which one is best_

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 21 2014 - 07:35 AM

My main gripe with the Vulcan is it's ungodly amount of heat generation. The spin up is annoying to me and throws off my rhythm but I can usually compensate for that. But on a mech that doesn't have the cool down ability, heat management is a downright nightmare. Whenever I have to stop firing it to prevent overheating, once I need to start shooting it again, the spin up either gives the enemy the chance to escape or kill me. In terms of heat management, almost all other weapons are much better at it. Vulcan is a fine weapon, but if you're like me and can't stand overheating in the midst of a fight, I don't recommend this weapon.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#42 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 21 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

My main gripe with the Vulcan is it's ungodly amount of heat generation. The spin up is annoying to me and throws off my rhythm but I can usually compensate for that. But on a mech that doesn't have the cool down ability, heat management is a downright nightmare. Whenever I have to stop firing it to prevent overheating, once I need to start shooting it again, the spin up either gives the enemy the chance to escape or kill me. In terms of heat management, almost all other weapons are much better at it. Vulcan is a fine weapon, but if you're like me and can't stand overheating in the midst of a fight, I don't recommend this weapon.

How are you even overheating with Vulcan without killing the enemy_
Are you missing most of your shots_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#43 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted April 21 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 21 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Ask me and my ping :D

Posted Image

#44 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 21 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

It's usually in team engagements where I'm not right next to my enemy and there's more than one target to now down. I tend to be a mid range fighter in just about any mech I play. So to answer your question, yeah most of my shots generally miss because if the range I usually position myself at. I generally avoid getting into point-blank engagements, where the Vulcan is most effective. Plus, I play peek-a-boo a lot in closer quarters and the Vulcan really comes up short in that kind of a fight. Though, the few times when I was leveling my bruiser and some scout rushed for a hug, the Vulcan did manage to save me. Like I said, the Vulcan is by no means a bad weapon, I just personally don't like using it because it's not well suited to my play style.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 21 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#45 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 22 2014 - 03:06 PM

Vulcan's most effective range is point blank, with all that heat those shots better be hitting.

With the new lowered health, Vulcan could use a shorter spin-up so you don't die trying to rev it up before a fight ends.
Heat is already there to keep it in check.

Edited by Stingz, April 22 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users