HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to play Siege.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RexWaOrici

RexWaOrici

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:51 AM

So. loss 6 times in a row.

I understand the fact that when it is an AA "teamfight" you must all with whole your team go and defend it.

That is just in theory.

In fact I am the only one person who at least tries to defend but it turns out like I am 1 vs 5 - 6 and noone in my team really cares about helping, attacking or defending.

#2 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:45 AM

low-level match, we all suffered this when we first started. It's not that they don't care, they just don't know how to judge the situation, when to go in or not. Someone has to take the lead, you can be that one. A high-level siege match is much more fun, keep grinding and you'll be in there too, though they are quite rare cause of the imbalance.

#3 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostRexWaOrici, on March 11 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

In fact I am the only one person who at least tries to defend but it turns out like I am 1 vs 5 - 6
That's your first problem right there. There is no point to defend when it's 1v5 or 6, the chances are you will die, then a few teammates goes in and they die. After, you spawn and charges in 1v5  them again and cycle continues. What you need to do is wait in a good position (like a flank side) and wait for your teammates to push in. Only peek out of flank when there's an enemy that needs to be finished off or if you see your teammate are pushing in. If you do decide to finish the low hp enemy off, make sure you don't commit too much and so you die in the process. Since most people runs when they are low on hp, seeing this will create an reason even for newbies to push in. Bonus points if you throw an ISM or EMP into their team staying on the AA and make sure you do this right when your teammates pushes in. Hope this helps

#4 Bonegnasher

Bonegnasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 09:02 AM

Another option if your team can't cap the AA is to start shooting the ship directly. I know it's way less ideal than using the AA, but a group of people directly nailing the engines can bring down the battleship shockingly quickly. It's snatched several games away from the jaws of certain defeat.

#5 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted March 12 2014 - 09:18 AM

https://community.pl...siege-tutorial/
Posted Image

#6 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted March 12 2014 - 06:04 PM

1.  Never let the enemy take the AA.  Harass them/camp/press them before they advance to the AA.

2.  Don't try 1. on Lost Eco.

3.  Land your shots and have a plan.  You would be surprised how a doublekill can turn the tide of the battle for the AA - if your team's hanging back, sometimes you can go in and say "See_ I told you so" with your mech's actions.  I get called names when I actually SAY "See_ I told you so."

4. Play way over your head.  You'll die a lot at first in those MMR=2100 matches (heck, even 1790+ ought to give you good players on your team), but you'll learn a lot in that first week.  Then you'll stay in the higher-level matches because noobs infest lower-level matches...
Posted Image

#7 kerberan

kerberan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostBonegnasher, on March 12 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Another option if your team can't cap the AA is to start shooting the ship directly. I know it's way less ideal than using the AA, but a group of people directly nailing the engines can bring down the battleship shockingly quickly. It's snatched several games away from the jaws of certain defeat.

Yesterday we won a match because the opposing team was doing exactly what you are suggesting.

For me, the key to win a siege match is:

1. watch the numbers of collected EU for each side and go to AA if any of sides needs around 100 or less EU points to launch the battleship. If you can, leave someone to watch the AA during EU collection phase.
2. when defending or attacking the AA the more players occupies the AA the better. You can have 1 or 2 Sharpshooters that snipe from behind or side but everyone else need to be close to AA, especially C mechs (I often see C mech shooting to the AA from far)
3. have fun

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostLordTemujin, on March 12 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Take a look at that tutorial! It covers the basics of the Siege mode and explains some strategies as well. There's useful information for both newbies and veterans.

#9 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 08:00 AM

How 2 play seeg:

.1 get two technicins

2.. git threee vangurdes and a shapsooper/roketteer

.3. win

Edited by Duralumi, March 13 2014 - 08:00 AM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users