HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken: All Was Lost

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 13 2014 - 09:46 AM

Who is Ned_

Sentium Bounty - X34-17245X3R3
Prosk Bounty - A6-3463RR536Z

Alias: The End - Laughing Maniac, The Laughing Man, Jackal
Call sign: OmegaNull
Assumed name: Thomas "Ned" River (real name unknown)
Height - 5'8"
Weight -  195lbs
Age - 40
Family - None
Appearance - Brawny frame, red eyes, black hair and 2 prosthetic legs.
Axe (mech) - Stolen LX7-Monk Prototype "Jericho"
Allegiance - None

KNOWN CRIMES:
Sentium:
Assassination of at least 3 Officers and attempted assassination of the CEO
At least 14 counts of murder
Theft of high classified information
Theft of multiple mechs

Prosk:
Assassination in at least 3 cases: [Classified], [Classified], [Classified]
37 counts of murder
Theft of multiple mechs
Theft of classified information
Kidnapping of [CLASSIFIED] and ransom

BIO:
Previously a Crion scientist developing new cybernetics, Ned lost everything important to him after the explosion and what followed. His wife and eldest daughter was a lead researcher at epicenter of the explosion. Ned became a pilot to support the one thing that is important to him: his daughter. When she was kidnapped, he slowly became the man he is today. A ruthless, efficient killer.

His insane volatile nature and skill gave him many nicknames such as Jackal, The Laughing Man, and The End. However, that comes only second to his rage and hatred of both Sentium and Prosk. Unfortunately, in this world, there is no middle ground. He works closely with a secret underground organization known simply as Violent Resolution (-vR-). Little is know about this group, its activities, or whereabouts. They are highly skilled and EXTREMELY dangerous. Their only goal - bring havok to the battle field, regardless of the outcome.

NOTE: IF THE JACKAL IS ON THE BATTLEFIELD, YOU WILL ALWAYS HEAR A LITTLE GIRL SINGING RING AROUND THE ROSES!

THOMAS 'NED' RIVER is wanted Dead or Alive by Sentium Corp and Prosk for 1.75M Script

proof of death or delivery of capture will result in payment

Prologue:

All that could be heard was a loud explosion off in the distance, then, a shockwave and air blast that ripped through the town. As I looked on, I saw people, friends, and families blow away and killed from the force the blast. One small child was severed in two as I watched. My gut wreched and twisted from the site and eventually, I began to vomit. The images of the poor child filled me head. My house soon began to shake as the tower behind fell, crashing threw and onto of me.

I laid there in my own mess pinned and unable to move. A sharp pain shot through my side and my legs. 'Oh god!'I thought. I could no longer feel my legs. I tried to move but couldn't. The pain my side shot ripples of agony through my body and I felt something wet under me. It was warm.
'Blood... I am bleeding. What now_'
The images of the boy who I saw left my mind and were soon replaced by that of my family. Selene, Leseia, and Alexie, my family, flooded my mind. My life was soon rushing before me faster than I could ever go. Slowly, everything began to fade. My life... slipped away into darkness.

Edited by OmegaNull, March 18 2014 - 04:50 PM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 13 2014 - 10:27 AM

Some good stuff you got there.
I`ll fix it later.

#3 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted March 13 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on March 13 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

One small child was severed in two as I watched.

O_O

On a side-note, please do go on.

#4 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:16 AM

Intriguing introduction, can't wait to see the rest :)

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:26 AM

"QUICKLY! MY FATHER IS IN THERE! YOU MUST HURRY!," Screams a young child, scraping frantically at the rubble of what once was a home. "YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!," as she began to cry, slowly stopping, too weak from sorrow to pull any more debris. She collapses down as another man comes and pulls her away, trying to consul her.

Soon, others began to follow and started pulling debris: chunks of stone, wood, metal, and various other materials. They all worked quickly and efficiently. Within a matter of minutes a man was pulled form the rubble. A man who was missing two legs and was bleed profusely from a wound to his side. One of the men checks his pulse and screams, "He is alive!,". The little girl tries desparately to free herself screaming over and over again, "DADDY!".

I could feel myself being pulled on, almost weightless. It was dark. So dark. I could feel something pushing and prodding. Then, something soft. Something so soft I was lulled back into the darkness. That is, until a something sharp and deep began to throb. Light began to rush back into my world I thought I was never going to return from. This sharp, deep throb became acute. Suddenly, I could see but the pain was so great. Oh the pain. I have never felt something so bad before. There we men and women all around me all frantic and startled. I was scared. Things were white and objects moving by quickly. I could not focus on anything. Was this heaven_ No. There was a beep. Lots of beeps. Sharp and rhythmic in sound. A women looked back, then looked again.
"He is a awake. We need more anesthetic ASAP! Keep him calm! We cannot afford any more blood loss," she said with alarm.

I had this odd device held over my mouth and nose. 'No, what are you doing_,' I thought. 'Set me free!' I tried to fight back as panic began to set in. My fight was in vain however. Soon, I grew weak and tired. As I laid there watching objects go buy, I could see a sign 'Operating Room'. I was relieved. This was not heaven but something far better. It was my own realm where my family was. My family. Slowly, I was back into the darkness. This lull that one calls sleep.

Edited by OmegaNull, March 13 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

#6 Ariexe

Ariexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:39 AM

this in interesting, but how I see illals state (or however you spell the planets name) it seams hospitals would be scarce. unless the man who pulled your main character out of the rubble was a good citizen or a solider, I hope hes a character too because it would just be a waste
Posted Image

#7 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:44 AM

It's the "she" that got me.
Got me right in the feels...

I like this style of writing very much. The switch of charter from girl to protagonist and 3rd person storyteller gives it a very nice dynamic.

Please do go on.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, March 13 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#8 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:18 PM

Keep going! :)

#9 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostAriexe, on March 13 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

this in interesting, but how I see illals state (or however you spell the planets name) it seams hospitals would be scarce. unless the man who pulled your main character out of the rubble was a good citizen or a solider, I hope hes a character too because it would just be a waste
He is. Things will only get better.

As an FYI. The explosion was Crion. This man lived just outside Crion and things are about to get even more interesting from here.

Posted Image

#10 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:27 PM

Pretty good mate, you got an error in your second post.  Here:

View PostOmegaNull, on March 13 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

"QUICKLY! MY FATHER IS IN THERE! YOU MUST HURRY!," Screams a young child, scraping frantically at the rubble of what once was a home. "YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!," as she began to cry, slowly stopping, too week from sorrow to pull any more debris. She collapses down as another man comes and pulls her away, trying to consul her.

Overall very interesting!  I like it! :D  Just check for more errors and stuff.

#11 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:28 PM

Weak bro. Weak as it being weak from sickess not week as in the day of the week... e-e. I live in murica.

Posted Image

#12 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:53 PM

You really got some writing skills man, keep it up!
I`ll fix it later.

#13 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:01 PM

There were sounds around me as I began to awaken. A rhythmic beat of a machine, voice in the distnace,  and various other sounds. I felt something holding my had. It was a soft, small hand. I began to rub it and suddenly felt a tight squeeze and a jerk. As I opened my eyes I was greeted by a familiar figure, my daughter Leseia. She was a cute girl about 12 years old with bright yellow hair and silver eyes, a trait she had picked up form her mother, Selene. Her hands were bandaged tightly around her palms. I went to reach out and touch her but stopped from a sudden deep pain from my legs and side. I looked down... and was horrified. Under the blanket, where I would normally see my legs stretched out from  with hills from the blankets from my feet, there was just nubs. I tried to move my legs and nothing moved Nothing below the knee. I began to cry. My daughter gave me a big, strong hug with tears down her face.

"I am so happy to see you. I thought you were dead.," She said with relief. She took a step back and looked me in the eye, cheeks red from tears and began to cry even harder. I looked around the room and didn't see my wife or other daughter Alexia. My heart sank.

"Wher-," Something caught my throat. It was raw and hard to speak and raspy, "Where is your mother and sister_," I asked. She began to cry even more. My heart dropped from the bottom of my soul.

"They are both gone," she said sadly and with regret. "Crion exploded and mom and sis were there and there wa-"

"Stop talking," I said, choking down tears. I knew I had to be strong for my daughter. "Stop talki-." I couldn't hold it. I reached for my daugther and grabbed her and held her so tight. I have never wept so hard so deep before. My heart ached so much. Leseia was all I had left.

Posted Image

#14 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:03 PM

Just as a note here:
I'm writing all of this on the fly straight from my imagination. <3

Edited by OmegaNull, March 13 2014 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:30 PM

If you are writing on the fly how about including some of the names from the forums which got connections to Crion_ Would make it feel more including and stuff.
I`ll fix it later.

#16 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:00 PM

No one really knows anything about Crion. I will just make things up as I go :D

Posted Image

#17 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:03 PM

great stuff dude keep it on!
(I'm actually about to cry) :) :o :wub:
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#18 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostOmegaNull, on March 13 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

No one really knows anything about Crion. I will just make things up as I go :D
But that doesn't mean you need to mention much about them/us, just mention their name once or so.
I`ll fix it later.

#19 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 04:12 PM

'5 years have passed since the explosion that claimed my wife and daughter. Since then I have gotten new legs. With current technology, even those who missing limbs can get prosthetic legs that work nearly as well as the real thing. Best of all, they do not require removal and are attached permanently. However, they do have some downsides. I have feeling from them, but I can only sense pressure, movement, and direction. They also do not cure the most imposing issue: phantom pain. There have multiple times where it has almost lead to my death. But that doesn't compare how things have been... Things have been hard.

There is not a day I go by without thinking of them. My daughter Alexia, who we had adopted when she was 5, would have been 25, an adult by Illal Law. She had plans and aspirations to become a nano-tech researcher like her mother. She had already begun an internship at the Crion facility on that fateful date. Actually, if I recall, it was her first day. My wife was so proud. She herself had been a researcher for Crion and was one of the heads for the team working with Nanites that could reconstruct metal... the very same nanites that are now destroying this place. This hell we have all be forced into. I still have no idea how my daughter and myself are still alive!

Since that time I have become a pilot and one of the best within the Sentium Guard who defend Titan, the largest city within Sentium. Actually, I just recently received my 67th kill in my L2 Monk I have named Selene Alexia. She has been very good to me. Fast and hits hard. Responds to even the slightest input thanks to some of my buds and a few illegal modifications. When you modify the AI to remove much of its PSS (Pilot Safety System) and modify the ACTION system (a long acronym that controls thruster, booster, and control surfaces along with how the system handles balance) it is amazing how responsive the mech becomes. This makes up a lot of the issues that these legs have caused me. However, it beats you hell since the mech can do things even the human body cannot withstand. It now feels like an extension of my own body. fuzzy bunny, I gotta go, End recording'
"Recording ended and logged March 13th - 137th pilot log." A computer generated female voice exclaimed.
As I am packing away the voice recorder I hear a voice yelling from afar.
"Ned!," yelled a thunderous, authoritative voice voice, "Ned you piece of fuzzy bunny, where are you_."
'A fuzzy bunny,' I thought to myself, 'Simmons is looking for me.' Simmons was my commanding officer within Sentium. Normally when he is like this something has happened. Most of the time it is because I was setup by a lesser pilot pissed at my track record.

I decided to get into my bunk and pretend to be asleep. It is a cramp place but is the best I got. Maybe for once I can avoid getting smoked or some fuzzy bunny.

Footsteps get close to the room and a knock comes from my door.
"Ned, you there_," asks Simmons.
"I am trying to sleep. What do you want_," I exclaimed. Trying to make it sound as if I was disturbed after just getting to sleep.
"I have bad news about your daughter, Leseia," he said with huffy softness.
My heart sunk. Many thoughts began to run through my mind. I jump out of bed and nearly rip the door from its hinges. Simmons hands me a HoloDoc (a thin device used to replace paper documents).
"We just got word your daughter was kidnapped-," I cut Simmons off by grabbing him by the face and slamming him violently against the concrete wall. His head hits with such force a crack can be heard as his eyes roll back into skull and blood smears as his limp body sinks to the floor. "WHERE THE fuzzy bunny IS MY DAUGHTER_!_" I bellow, engulfed by rage. I begin to rip apart my room. One after another, various items in my room are destroyed, bent, or tossed. A number of footsteps could be heard in the distance as everything quickly turns black, loosing myself with my own anger.

Edited by OmegaNull, March 14 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Ariexe

Ariexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:24 PM

the fact that the Ned killed his commanding officer just like that was alittle OP, I wouldn't have wrote that, but footsteps, go on Do I smell exile_
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users