HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

stupid Incinerator!

Game

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 raddaddio

raddaddio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 10:03 AM

Honestly, I just love mashing down primary and secondary and walking through the opposing team's camp out spots like a lost arsonist. It really helps when both teams retreat to opposing sides of the map to play peek a boo with the wrong weapons. For that reason, I call my Incin the party starter! Drop in, and get everyone behind you in a conga line of blitzkrieg fury. Even if it's not the fastest shooting, fastest moving mech in the game, if you play it right you'll get good hits and kills. If you have a tech healing you, then it's time to really shine, er glow... burn_ Yep, BURN! I named my Incinerator "Cinnamon Girl", after the Neil Young song : )

#42 Mille78

Mille78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostIroncladLion, on March 23 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I've actually found the MAMA to be the best weapon on the Incinerator.

If you are just pumping full auto on the MAMA and constantly shooting the ALT rounds on the SAARE, you are going to make the other team SCRAM. It's my favorite Mech loadout in the entire game. I've maintained a 1.95 K/D (not trying to brag) with the Incinerator using the MAMA. I see most people on here liking the PAPA, but the MAMA is the way too go if you want massive damage to an entire team.
Ok you sold me, tomorrow im gonna buy it ;)

#43 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 02:40 PM

It's a mech for noobs... most of the times.. lol :lol: :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#44 raddaddio

raddaddio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 26 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

How is it a mech for noobs_ Just curious...

#45 Mille78

Mille78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:55 PM

Ok i tried the m4ma. the first matches were so so, but maybe i had no real cover by allies. But the last couple of matches was really good (especially in last eco). This weapon is a real area deny. The m4ma and the SAARE have roughly the same arc, so when you get a little used and want to control a spot, is a real hell if someone pass under your rain of fire.
The heat management is more simple than PPA so you can focus on aim the right areas you want cover with fire.
One thing you have to really care about is friendly fire. If someone pass just in front of you (it happens with allies often) you get nasty damage in return from splash fire of both weapons.
Seems a nice weapon.

I think PPA is more towards frontal suppression, and M4MA is more from upper position suppression.

#46 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 27 2014 - 03:23 PM

View Postraddaddio, on March 27 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I was just kidding buddie. :) (can you see that couple of smiley that  I included intto my post_ )

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#47 Lt_Cheesewallace

Lt_Cheesewallace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostLazor_razor, on March 20 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

I have an incinerator and it literally mops up entire squads, I prefer the prestige weapon m4ma with heat rounds as it arcs just like the secondary weapon. Its an advanced mech that requires finesse and perfect timing to maintain a consistent rate of suppressive fire, or if warmed up drop any player 1v1

I agree with you entirely. At first when i bought the mech I thought i could tank through the whole enemy team and be fine but over time, and with alot of trial and error i have nearly mastered the mech's abilities. Where you mentioned 1v1 is exactly when I knew we were on the same page, the large heavy Incinerator is a slow mech, so against even another heavy mech with a good pilot the Incinerator is nearly helpless. Although I have found that with lots of practice you can decrease the mobility of the enemy mech and launch away with your secondary and dominate every single time. The Incinerator is a mech for those willing to fail and get up again, but if you are one of those kind of pilots then you are in good shape and the Incinerator and you will become battlefield dominators.

"Cheesewallace signing off"

#48 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 11:46 PM

Experience only from public games:

It took me about 2 games to remember the SAARE has an alt fire(for those games I was like wtf! I blew 12K on THIS_). As soon as that clicked the incinerator started owning people. You're a real anchor for your team. You keep the enemy's head down and anybody stupid enough to charge through your constant fire is wounded and fairly easy pickins for teammates. Ive had MVP after MVP with it. Thumbs up.

#49 raddaddio

raddaddio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 27 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

View Postraddaddio, on March 27 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I was just kidding buddie. :) (can you see that couple of smiley that  I included intto my post_ )
Ha! No offence anyway. I was just wondering why a slow mech with slow weapons would be a noob choice. Honestly, trying to get that thing into position while waiting for the primary to spin up is nerve wracking well beyond the usual sitting duck of a target that I am.

Also, has anyone else noticed the gang up that happens on Incinerators_ I guess some teams get the fact that they need to take it out, but I have noticed a more dedicated group effort from opposing teams when it comes to taking out Incinerators recently.

Lastly, the baby is great for starters, but if you find yourself getting antsy waiting for the secondary to heat up, it is better to use the mama or papa. I only can speak for the mama, but it's great to be able to rain down the secondary fire up over a wall or down over a high perch.

#50 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 28 2014 - 09:11 AM

View Postraddaddio, on March 28 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

Also, has anyone else noticed the gang up that happens on Incinerators_ I guess some teams get the fact that they need to take it out, but I have noticed a more dedicated group effort from opposing teams when it comes to taking out Incinerators recently.

Any mech with rapid-fire weapons benefits from an Incinerator backing it up, it's like the Assault2 when you leave it alone.

Edited by Stingz, March 28 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users