HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What is the best all around mech_

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best all around mech_ (222 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best all around mech for most situations_

1. Beserker (14 votes [6.31%])

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

2. Infiltrator (8 votes [3.60%])

Percentage of vote: 3.60%

3. Reaper (5 votes [2.25%])

Percentage of vote: 2.25%

4. Scout (8 votes [3.60%])

5. Technician (4 votes [1.80%])

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

6. Assault (99 votes [44.59%])

Percentage of vote: 44.59%

7. Bruiser (12 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

8. CR-T Recruit (20 votes [9.01%])

Percentage of vote: 9.01%

9. Predator (10 votes [4.50%])

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

10. Raider (3 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

11. Sharpshooter (5 votes [2.25%])

Percentage of vote: 2.25%

12. Brawler (4 votes [1.80%])

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

13. Grenadier (1 votes [0.45%])

Percentage of vote: 0.45%

14. Rocketeer (3 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

15. Vanguard (8 votes [3.60%])

16. Incinerator (10 votes [4.50%])

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

17. G2-Assault (8 votes [3.60%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 01 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostAde_the_Rare, on July 01 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I have found myself quite liking the Reaper recently. With a Hawkins and air compressor, played like a carefully piloted assault, it's nasty at harrassing and laying down some suppression at medium to long range. However when not in a group, you're prey...

True that, I've been killed by annoying Reaper pilots who know what they're doing. I almost always find myself saying, "Where the heck is he!_!"  All the while dodging grenades, tow shots, and gunfire in the AA at Siege matches.

#42 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted July 01 2014 - 03:45 PM

CRT or assault
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#43 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted July 01 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Postmccrorie, on April 25 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on April 24 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Predator is OP in the right hands now!

record it so we can see proof

;P
Come find me on US east and I will show you just how op it can be
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#44 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostMechCraft, on March 21 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Assault, no question.

While mechs like the Zerker and Scout can be exceptionally powerful in the right hands, the Assault's combination of strengths make it ideal in almost any team setup. Its durable chassis, solid mobility, and extremely versatile weapon loadouts mean it can hold its own in a huge array of combat scenarios while contributing significantly to your team's defensive integrity and offensive momentum.

The problem with aggressive A-class mechs (like the Zerker/Scout) lies in their very small health pools - they cannot tank any significant amount of damage and thus rely on their immense skirmishing power to succeed. They work great in 1v1's and isolated engagements but can struggle in larger fights if they have no beefy allies to push with. If your team already has a lot of squishies, or your team's frontline is collapsing frequently, an aggressive A class can actually be a terrible pick since it will not be able to sustain a defensive line long enough for your team to rally and regroup.

The Assault, however, strikes a good equilibrium between solid tankiness, decent mobility, reliable poke, and high DPS - making it this game's jack-of-all-trades. If you're looking for sheer versatility, then the Assault's your mech.

Good hunting.

View PostPHANTOM_TH, on March 30 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

.... so I should switch from Berserker to Assault then

You should own both Assault and Berserker and use them depending on your play Style and team composition.

Aside from the HP pools lets not forget about their special abilities.  Berserker is a great finishing mech.  Follow your team mates in a coordinated push for the AA or use a jump pad to push for the AA and pop your special on the Berserker.

You would be amazed at the number of multi-kills you were will get by doing this.

The Assault is like a bigger slower version of a Berserker and with a different ability of course so it got my vote because it can handle both A and C class mechs.

TBH: You should own all the mechs.  It can get boring playing the same mech all the time.  Each mech has its special purpose, weapons, abilities, etc.  If you find yourself getting bored just switch out to some other mech you have less time in and have fun.

Sure you will suck at using a new mech at first but if you stick with it you will find that each mech can be a fearsome killer if you take the time to learn how and when to use it.

#45 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostYourBusDriver, on April 02 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Voted CR-T.

Soon realized the Assault is just a better version of the CR-T.

Okay, I'm going to put a stop to this myth right now. The Assault is NOT better than the CR-T. It's just different.  In fact, in a strictly pro/con sense, the CR-T has more advantages than disadvantages over the assault. Let's break it down.

Assault Advtantages:
Better Armor
Slightly faster
Better...nope that's it. In fact, the Assault mech as the smallest radar and the longest overheat recovery in the game. It also has the slowest fuel regen of the B-classes and even most C-classes.

CR-T advantages:
More Fuel Capacity
Faster Fuel Regen
A good +22.5 meter radar range
And finally...A FULL 1.75 seconds faster overheat recovery (that's a lot, in case it wasn't clear)

To be honest, in most situations, I'd rather take the CR-T into battle.
Posted Image

#46 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on August 06 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

In fact, in a strictly pro/con sense, the CR-T has more advantages than disadvantages over the assault. Let's break it down.

Here are the relative numbers, posted earlier in the thread:

View PostTerr_, on June 30 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Aside from the order in which the same weapons are unlocked (and default deployables) the differences compared to the CR-T are relatively minor/mixed:
  • Pro [Assault benefits from]
    • +7.0% more armor
    • +3.4% boost speed
    • +2.8% ground speed
  • Con [Assault weaker in]
    • -8.5% fuel tank size
    • -15.4% fuel regen rate
    • -25% radar range
    • -30% overheat recovery rate

Edited by Terr_, August 06 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#47 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 23 2014 - 09:49 AM

I love good my old Freddie! :wub: Whenever I'm having a bad time with other mechs, I just hop into my Freddie and shows em' how its done! :ph34r:
You can't actually say that the Assault is a better version of the CRT as the CRT beats the Assault in a few areas and so does the Assault in some. :huh:
Look wise, I found the CRT very comical in the beginning but then the Elite chassis looks awesome!!! :o
I may have got some 300 kills on my CRT but I have died about 600 times in it too(I'm not yet a pro and no longer a noob). :wacko:
People tend to find the CRT a bit downgraded as its free, its there from the beginning and looks ridiculous! :blink:  
But I want to close this by telling one thing : "It doesn't matter what it looks on the outside, Its the INSIDE(the pilot) that matters!".
Cheers,
CapAllan :P ;) :) :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#48 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 23 2014 - 09:53 AM

I love good my old Freddie! Whenever I'm having a bad time with other mechs, I just hop into my Freddie and shows em' how its done! :ph34r:
You can't actually say that the Assault is a better version of the CRT as the CRT beats the Assault in a few areas and so does the Assault in some. :huh:
Look wise, I found the CRT very comical in the beginning but then the Elite chassis looks awesome!!! :o
I may have got some 300 kills on my CRT but I have died about 600 times in it too(I'm not yet a pro and no longer a noob).
People tend to find the CRT a bit downgraded as its free, its there from the beginning and looks ridiculous! :blink:  
But I want to close this by telling one thing : "It doesn't matter what it looks on the outside, Its the INSIDE(the pilot) that matters!".
Cheers,
CapAllan :P ;) :) :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#49 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 09:57 AM

I love good my old Freddie! Whenever I'm having a bad time with other mechs, I just hop into my Freddie and shows em' how its done! :ph34r: (I even made my Sig in honour of my Freddie!)
You can't actually say that the Assault is a better version of the CRT as the CRT beats the Assault in a few areas and so does the Assault in some.
I may have got some 300 kills on my CRT but I have died about 600 times in it too(I'm not yet a pro and no longer a noob).
Cheers,
CapAllan :) :rolleyes:

Edited by CapAllan, August 23 2014 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#50 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 10:01 AM

Sorry I posted multiple times guys! Im sorry! -_- <_< :unsure: :(
Posted Image

#51 Prophet05

Prophet05

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 05:56 AM

nothing beats crt's skills in combat

#52 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted August 25 2014 - 09:58 AM

Where is the "Fredator" Option_ :3
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#53 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 11:37 AM

What do u mean @Miscellaneous _ Mix of the Fred and Predator_ If so, cool! Thinking of a mean cloaking machine with an Assault Rifle and a TOW Rocket blows my mind! It will be indestructible!! If not, I don't get you.
Posted Image

#54 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 06:25 AM

He plays Predator with a Freddie Head on top. He is a decent pred player too lol.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#55 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostCapAllan, on August 25 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

What do u mean @Miscellaneous _ Mix of the Fred and Predator_ If so, cool! Thinking of a mean cloaking machine with an Assault Rifle and a TOW Rocket blows my mind! It will be indestructible!! If not, I don't get you.

It's a predator with Fred top chassis and Fred feet :D

View PostLightangel112, on September 06 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

He plays Predator with a Freddie Head on top. He is a decent pred player too lol.

: ,D
Spoiler

#56 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostMiscellaneous, on September 06 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

I still think your cosmetic choices bring shame to the House of Pred.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#57 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hahaha! lol Man! I love the Predator chassis as it is but you @Miscellaneous is the first person that I am meeting to enjoy the CRT's cockpit on a Predator! Awesome!
Posted Image

#58 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostCapAllan, on September 06 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hahaha! lol Man! I love the Predator chassis as it is but you @Miscellaneous is the first person that I am meeting to enjoy the CRT's cockpit on a Predator! Awesome!

I've modded out my Predator, but I'll never swap out its main body. It looks too awesome for me to do that. Besides, I still want my Pred to look like a scary, creepy, cloaky, wallhacking rotter.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#59 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostCapAllan timestamp=, on September 06 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

I've modded out my Predator, but I'll never swap out its main body. It looks too awesome for me to do that. Besides, I still want my Pred to look like a scary, creepy, cloaky, wallhacking rotter.

"Bring shame to the house of Pred" xD I have 2 predators. One is mah Fredator, and the other is still the original chassis. The second one I have for easy loadout options. And cuz I also like the original chassis, like you. :D PRED MASTA RACE
Spoiler

#60 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostMiscellaneous, on September 06 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostCapAllan timestamp=, on September 06 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

"Bring shame to the house of Pred" xD I have 2 predators. One is mah Fredator, and the other is still the original chassis. The second one I have for easy loadout options. And cuz I also like the original chassis, like you. :D PRED MASTA RACE

Heck yes Predator Master Race.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users