HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

To the devs/Hawken Gods: we want to buff the Predator

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: What changes do you want for the Predator_ (30 member(s) have cast votes)

What changes do you want to see for the Predator ' s abilities_

1. Add a surprise attack mechanic that gives bonus dmg when attacking from Stalker Mode (14 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Increased movement speed while in Stalker Mode (21 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Increased base HP. (7 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

What changes do you most want to see for the Breacher

1. Increased base dmg (16 votes [48.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.48%

2. Increased rate of fire. (17 votes [51.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

What changes to the EOC Predator do you most want to see

1. Increased rate of fire and/or projectile speed. (11 votes [21.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

2. Increased dmg, blast radius, and proximity sensitivity. Possibly lower the max # of deployable mines (17 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. A charge mode for the EOC P that scatters multiple mines in one go. (14 votes [27.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

4. Add a "Bouncing Bettie" effect to mines causing them to leap up and out before exploding. (9 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:44 AM

This is a new modified Poll to more accurately reflect, the desires of the players.

Edited by Loklov_Krein_Rah, March 30 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Zu'u los Kiir do Yol ahrk Strun

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:50 AM

No, you want to buff the Pred. You are not in position to be able to say we all want it, because I don`t want a buff.
I`ll fix it later.

#3 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:52 AM

a small bonus dmg when in stalker mode for first activity would be great I guess,i voted for speed too but I am not completely sure of how balanced it would be,also I had in mind for a long time some kind of mode to apply a pack of mines at once..but it might be completely unfair to use that options aganst other mechs

#4 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:55 AM

Just add a tremendous heat penalty for using it. Say 50% of max or more.

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:56 AM

Honestly, the damage of the weapons are fine.  The mech itself and the weapons just needs to be faster.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 30 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#6 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostAregon, on March 30 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

No, you want to buff the Pred. You are not in position to be able to say we all want it, because I don`t want a buff.

Hater's gonna hate. Post in the other thread. Or don't.

#7 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 30 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

Honestly, the damage of the weapons are fine.  The mech itself and the weapons just needs to be faster.

Faster weapons = more damage. Being an ambush/assassin type it would be better for it to have a slower weapon with higher damage. My point of view that is.

View PostOdinous, on March 30 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

a small bonus dmg when in stalker mode for first activity would be great I guess,i voted for speed too but I am not completely sure of how balanced it would be,also I had in mind for a long time some kind of mode to apply a pack of mines at once..but it might be completely unfair to use that options aganst other mechs

We need the extra speed in stalker mode mainly to chase down the enemy since we can't boost in stalker mode without drawing attention. In return of extra mines and faster deployment speed the devs could reduce the damage of the individuals mines.

Edited by KylarxS, March 30 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#8 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:02 AM

This is simply a poll. The discussion for this poll is in another castle.

https://community.pl...f-the-predator/

#9 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostKylarxS, on March 30 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Faster weapons = more damage. Being an ambush/assassin type it would be better for it to have a slower weapon with higher damage. My point of view that is.

I whole heartedly agree with you

#10 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

I personally feel assassins should have quick striking weapons with decent damage but that's just me.

#11 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

That is not the problem, the problem is that you are not talking for everyone. Your title is misleading and simply wrong.
I`ll fix it later.

#12 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 30 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

I personally feel assassins should have quick striking weapons with decent damage but that's just me.

Neh that would be ninjas. Assassins motto should be more like backstab and die. :3

#13 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yep, I prefer this idea. They should die not just be damaged.  But it should be a risk. So... increase the Cool down until you cloak again_

#14 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:43 AM

Are you completely sure you want to make Pred have high damage weapons that are extremely slow with and added heat penalty_  This will be a problem, as this latest update made all mechs faster.  Predator doesn't have it's cloaked dodge anymore, it already has bad heat gen, and with powerful shots + slow reload = more punishing when you miss.  

I see what you mean but I feel Predator shouldn't have some uber powerful linear kinetic cannon. Personally, assassins usually have small fast weapons made for stealth that strike fast with good damage that is good for surprising and for defending themselves if they get into a bind.  To me, an assassin with an abnormally slow weapon is a dead assassin.  Why_  Because what if that weapon isn't ready when a person spots him/her_

Almost all the situations where I get killed in Predator was when my weapons were too slow.  (Again, that's just me)  Not just ninjas use fast striking weapons, and aren't ninjas considered assassins_

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 30 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#15 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Yep, I prefer this idea. They should die not just be damaged.  But it should be a risk. So... increase the Cool down until you cloak again_

Increase the cloak cooldown from 2 to 3, decrease the firing rate of the breacher. A high risk game. Either you become the predator or prey :3

#16 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 30 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Are you completely sure you want to make Pred have high damage weapons that are extremely slow with and added heat penalty_  This will be a problem, as this latest update made all mechs faster.  Predator doesn't have it's cloaked dodge anymore, it already has bad heat gen, and with powerful shots + slow reload = more punishing when you miss.  

I see what you mean but I feel Predator shouldn't have some uber powerful linear kinetic cannon. Personally, assassins usually have small fast weapons made for stealth that strike fast with good damage that is good for surprising and for defending themselves if they get into a bind.  To me, an assassin with an abnormally slow weapon is a dead assassin.  Why_  Because what if that weapon isn't ready when a person spots him/her_

Almost all the situations where I get killed in Predator was when my weapons were too slow.  (Again, that's just me)  Not just ninjas use fast striking weapons, and aren't ninjas considered assassins_

Well what you said made sense, but there are many types of assassins right. Usually they have only one target though. Infiltrator would be more suited to the role of what you said. Anyway predator are suppose to ambush their enemies so it would be more suited to kill them when they walk alone ( I usually hunt other invi units since I can see them in stalker mode).

#17 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:54 AM

You are right, there are many assassins.  However, this update made Predator's decent weapon set have an indirect nerf.  Since all mechs are faster, Predator can't set up traps or shoot as effectively at the target directly with EOC P or with Breacher as when the weapons are done reloading and have been fired, the enemy has already dodged and boosted away or dodged and is already taking out the Predator pilot's hp to a point where he/she can't make up for that damage.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 30 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#18 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostKylarxS, on March 30 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Increase the cloak cooldown from 2 to 3, decrease the firing rate of the breacher. A high risk game. Either you become the predator or prey :3

Exactly!! Me love you long time!  High risk high reward! Predator or prey! All or nothing!

#19 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 30 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

You are right, there are many assassins.  However, this update made Predator's decent weapon set have an indirect nerf.  Since all mechs are faster, Predator can't set up traps or shoot as effectively at the target directly with EOC P or with Breacher as when the weapons are done reloading and have been fired, the enemy has already dodged and boosted away or dodged and is already taking out the Predator pilot's hp to a point where he/she can't make up for that damage.

You're totally right about that,  but the idea we are talking about, or rather strategy, would most likely be executed on in unwary target from stealth. They most likely wouldn't Be dodging. You give them the good old One two punch. They die or almost die and you finish them quick.

Then you pray like hell no one saw you or will see you for the next 3-4sec while you're visible and Over heated, and try to dip out before you are caught and obliterated. I think using Holograms could be key to survival.

All or nothing, strike from the shadows.
Rengar style baby. Walk the killer's path...

if this seems to be overpowered then perhaps there could be a very distinct sound that the Breacher makes. Which would say to everyone nearby, hey, there's a Predator nearby. Making it even more difficult. Just a thought

Edited by Loklov_Krein_Rah, March 30 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#20 Loklov_Krein_Rah

Loklov_Krein_Rah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostAregon, on March 30 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostLoklov_Krein_Rah, on March 30 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

That is not the problem, the problem is that you are not talking for everyone. Your title is misleading and simply wrong.

Actually I took a poll it was a 60 40 split in favor of buffing the predator. If you want to complain about semantics go talk to a moderator I'm sure they love to hear you complain. Read the other poll. If you have comments, post them there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users