HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ultimate Predator Guide!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#21 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:12 AM

Added a new ITEM.

Radar Scrambler:
Can be used offensively to help conceal your location when trying to confuse the enemy, hitting him from every angle behind cover. I use this item to great effect when not doing any boosting and using single hits repeatedly to get the upper hand, on health. It can also be used defensively, to help your teammates to get away as well. The scrambler does have a short radius but it can help you too boost away momentarily to get away and heal. Though not always unscathed.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#22 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:51 AM

Added more detail to the 3 primary weapons.

Weapons
Breacher:
A very hard hitting hit-scan shotgun if you tap it or a charge-up single-shot projectile weapon if you hold for 2seconds. The FLAK mode does more damage at 144, and has very little spread, making it useful for close- to mid-range combat. However, I'd recommend using the charge-up mode as a first shot, as the refiring rate is slightly faster after that. The charged shot does less dmg but is more accurate over longer distance and does 100 dmg. Personally this is the best weapon for me at the moment.

Things to note about the breacher.
- It can pass through Shields and Barriers. Also note, that the closer you are, the greater the damage dealt through defensive items. The further the less damage you will be able to do.
- The charge-up mode does a minimal damage of 35 at longer ranges. I'd recommend using it for either first shots, or when you need to get some precise shots off.
- Has a rather long refiring rate for a Primary weapon. Might be difficult to use because of that, but not impossible to manage either. Just remember to not spam away.
- As mentioned, if you use the charge-up mode first, the next FLAK shot will be off cooldown sooner. This is known as the double shot. However the heat generated from this double shot is the same without.
- It makes alot of noise when you charge it up, even when cloaked people will hear it; it could alert enemies to your presence, as the Predator is the only mech with the Breacher available to it.
- The breacher takes longer to over heat than the T-32 at 14.286.
- The heat from either flak or charged is the same for both.
- Has the highest spread of all 3 weapons at 14.

T32-BOLT:
However I would not recommend this weapon, unless you only fight or finish off people on low healths.
- Does decent damage when charged up at 120. Always charge your T-32 as the heat is the same.
- Does zero-to-none damage when past mid-range. This weapons is very close quarter orientated. The recent buff has made this weapon more viable to use against other weapon types.
- Requires Failsafe to be attached to internals for pucks to be double effective with the T32 in any cqc situation.
- More Heat is generated and when spamming takes 11.538 seconds to overheat solo.
- Highest dps of all 3 weapons at 100 dps.
- Has the 2nd shortest fall off of all 3 weapons.
- Spread is 2nd lowest at 8.

EOC Repeater:
- Hard to hit with due to the slow muzzle velocity, but does large amounts of damage when all 6 EOC pucks hit (156 dmg).
- Fully charging the EOC gives it more DPS though at 56.216 DPS vs 52 non charged.
- Takes a long time to over heat, taking 75 seconds. But it builds up alot of heat when spamming with the EOC P. I'd recommend charging it up until you're sure you can hit with it. If you're always sure you're going to hit, go spam away.
- Can be used to place a lot of mines on the battlefield. Hard to use though, and in solo encounters this weapon is best used defensively on the predator, indirectly causing damage over time.
- Has no spread at all when using this weapon.
- Though has the shortest fall off of all 3 weapons.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 14 2014 - 07:05 AM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#23 UnderContruction

UnderContruction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLikely behind you.

Posted April 14 2014 - 07:05 AM

A little long winded, but useful information. Maybe add harder to use than you might think, not a good starter mech.

BUT odd under Awareness, Positioning or Cover x ray vision not covered much_
One of my favourite tactics is sitting behind walls or in the next room watching the movement and reporting before ambush.
Also useful to know that Missile Silo or EU point do not enemy waiting when your radar might say otherwise.

#24 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 14 2014 - 07:21 AM

is a very good mech after u learn to use it

Posted Image

#25 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 14 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 14 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on April 14 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 13 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hawken Top 3 #Predator Pilot

-Kopra

-Torka

-Lightangel112

Kopra doesn't play Predator anymore.
Update that list please.

No-one care if he dont use it anymore he still own us lol

No, he can't own us if he doesn't play it anymore.
I don't see your logic.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#26 PewPewPewTM

PewPewPewTM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:58 AM

idk about your top five list. I'm not on it, neither is Dew or Tycho.

We have pred, we have party

Edited by PewPewPewTM, April 14 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#27 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:20 AM

almoust all people who got rank 6 on predator are doing prety good with it

Posted Image

#28 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostUnderContruction, on April 14 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

A little long winded, but useful information. Maybe add harder to use than you might think, not a good starter mech.

BUT odd under Awareness, Positioning or Cover x ray vision not covered much_
One of my favourite tactics is sitting behind walls or in the next room watching the movement and reporting before ambush.
Also useful to know that Missile Silo or EU point do not enemy waiting when your radar might say otherwise.
Long winded_ Well it did say a very comprehensive guide. Heat vision is pilot dependant, it is up to you personally how you use it, some even don't use it. Plus what happens when you get hit_ Most times, how you handle the loss of the stealth ie heat vision is what makes you a great predator player. If you want, you can  write me a paragraph or two on heat vision that I can add to the guide if you like and have your input in the guide. I will write something under awareness anyway, let me know if its good. Reporting is under reinforcement section. You can also type to team mates if an area is clear if an item is saying otherwise.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 14 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#29 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:40 PM

Made an adjustment to awareness and added heat vision to the guide.

Awareness
Any player should be aware of his surroundings more so in predator. Use radar and your heat vision to stay ahead of your enemy and intercept them where possible. Use your vision to see past cosmetics and view their weaponry. I once met a predator with hell missiles lol. Also note that if you see more than 1 opponent on radar, remember you can only focus on 1 mech at a time. Either kill the mech your fighting and die in the process or retreat before the others get to close to you.

Heat Vision
Heat vision allows you to have greater awareness than your opponents and team mates to a certain degree. Use it to your advantage to get out of bad situations and warn teammates about hidden dangers. With heat vision I used it to previously avoid certain mechs or pilots, what foes to not fight etc. Another way I use heat vision to my advantage is to avoid getting hit by enemy fire (i.e. cover) as I can see which direction they are facing and remain in stealth as long as possible, with time the enemy will either overheat, land from flying too much or think I've vanished, all of these are to your advantage.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 14 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#30 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:40 PM

Angel we should make a video about predator

Posted Image

#31 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 14 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Angel we should make a video about predator
That is currently under way as we speak. I'm recording most of my matches atm. If you want to team up or make a demo vid np.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 14 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#32 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostPewPewPewTM, on April 14 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

For starters, Dew no longer rocks predator. Tycho was not predator in that match. The reason you are not in the list is because you were sporting a T-32. LEmental has gotten very good, I was coaching him myself, her aim is scary as hell. That is why she killed you jumping down from the bridge. The list is also based on experience from fighting other good predator players. That's all.

Edited by Lightangel112, June 02 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#33 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostPewPewPewTM, on April 14 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

We have pred, we have party

@7:28

I lold!

#34 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:50 PM

i am thinking creatic a cinematic montage with predator

like this

Posted Image

#35 Dominus_Bellum

Dominus_Bellum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:03 AM

Haha cool "teaser". I like it.

#36 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 14 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

i am thinking creatic a cinematic montage with predator

like this
That would take a lot of work to do. But would be amazing if we could make a 5 minute trailer video!!

Edited by Lightangel112, April 15 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#37 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:46 AM

Changed a lot of the guide today.
Did spelling and grammer corrections.

Changed:

Internals
Anything you feel is optimal is optimal for your play style. For my current build I use Air Compressor, Deflectors and Shock Coil, but on my previous build I used to sport Deflectors, Failsafe, Shock Coil & Basic Reconstructor.

Usage
When in combat I do a 1-2 combo of Puck first then (0.50secs later) the Charged Breacher when side boosting. This allows the puck to land right after the breacher does, so you have a better chance at doing more damage "in bursts". If it is a fight that is CQC then I do less charging of the breacher, as it does more dmg that way but I won't release it until it's on target.

Added:

Note: Aim Down!
You can further reduce your visibility by aiming your weapons down to your feet. One of the main reasons you are spotted is due to your weapons poking away from your body. So use shadow, hug a wall and aim your weapons down.

Trap Disarmament
If you see another predator's trap. The best way to disarm it quickly is to place 1 puck in the center of the trap and detonate it. Making sure your some distance away first before detonating or you could get damaged quite badly.

Also edited the Steam Guide @ http://steamcommunit...s/_id=249284289
I would appreciate some comments on there and likes please to get it viewed more.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 15 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#38 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 15 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

(...)
Trap Disarmament
If you see another predator's trap. The best way to disarm it quickly is to place 1 puck in the center of the trap and detonate it. Making sure your some distance away first before detonating or you could get damaged quite badly.

(...)

Sucks if you already have your own minefield deployed ;]

But as far as detonating your own minefield goes, it's important to remember that blast radius for mines is way bigger than trigger radius.

#39 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostMcBonY, on April 15 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on April 15 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

(...)
Trap Disarmament

(...)

Sucks if you already have your own minefield deployed ;]

But as far as detonating your own minefield goes, it's important to remember that blast radius for mines is way bigger than trigger radius.
I'm not sure I get what you mean. I have tested trigger radius's before and what I've found is, the moment of trigger has to be spot on to do the same damage as a proxy detonation. If triggered to early the mines at the front of your trap will do less dmg.

I would assume the radius of damage would stay constant. So the only variables would be target/proximity and self.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 15 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#40 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:29 AM

What i mean is people can walk next to your minefield and not trigger it, while if you manually detonate it, they will feel the pain. Less pain, yes, but sometimes that's all you need anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users