HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Perdator what a JOKE

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:48 PM

I had parked my predator for a bit due to frustration but decided to jump back in when I bought the t32 bolt. Most say they like the breacher more but I prefer the bolt. I too, thought the predator was underwhelming at first, but after playing infiltrator a bit, I went back to my predator and I'm usually the k/d ratio leader in every match. What I like most about the predator is that the enemy team thinks they're safe when healing only to be shot in the back by a ghost :)

#82 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostIkuinen_Lynx, on August 06 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

because your first mistake is presuming weapons in hawken are setup that way. secondary special weapons are not always designed to be higher damage faster than the primary. All weapons are designed around a particular usage. The Breacher is designed for use in a particular manner and under certain situations. Contextual utility for damage ouput is the primary focus of weapon existence, not damage for the sake of damage. This is true of all weapons in hawken. Thus in this case, the EOC pumps out more damage faster for situations in which it is meant to be used, but this does not devalue the breacher's utility within the situations where IT is meant to be used. Mastering the load out and making/finding battles be in favor of your loadouts strengths (while avoiding situations they are weak in or situations advantageous to your enemies strengths ) make up a great deal of hawkens combat and strategies.

Master Hawken's combat mechanics, you never have to seek your battles. You just fight the ones that come to you.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#83 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:02 PM

The title of this thread bores me.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#84 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:27 PM

Then lets let it die again!

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#85 marshrover

marshrover

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 04:29 AM

The perdator is a joke. The predator on the other hand isn't. It is however a lot harder to play than most people think. I once played a trial predator and while I was cloaked almost the whole match I didn't do much damage to anyone sice I was hiding too much. Most people think they can just sneak around constantly cloaked killing people with one shot but it takes a lot more than sneaking around to do good in a predator. The predator is not a mech that you can hop in and just do good in as I realised on the trial and after watching predator pro's play.
*Health critical*
*Initiate contingency plan GTFO*
*Blitz active*

#86 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 18 2014 - 04:31 AM

My heart drops when I see that the other team has a predator. I just pray he's not skilled with it...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users