HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Perdator what a JOKE

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 06:07 AM

View PostGoretastik, on April 23 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Back to the topic:

No help was ever given or offered just ~you dont know how to play the game, so show me one instance of help in this thread, just bashing after my first post, clearly you can read_
Then perhaps you could read past the first sentence, go for a whole paragraph with out picking out just 2 words at a time and bashing.

No help was given through this thread, just personal rederick.
You cant this
You cant that
You are this
You are that

That constitutes help in your eyes
Only Silverfire chimed in with any sense at all and I thank him for that but still I think Pred is a weaker class mech
But we are both entitled to our opinions.....fair is fair.....yes it is a mine layer.......be prepared for that.
I clearly stated I give up Im no longer asking for anything.

End of line. GFU

Hmm...help...ok lets do that:

Well before I begin I suggest you work on your communication skills since none of what you've written now has really said, "I WANT HELP GIMME ADVICE!" It was more along the lines of, "THIS TOY SUCKS SINCE THE NUMBERS ARE STUPID LOW." The title says rant thread and everything else you're saying says rant as well I haven't really seen any calls for help besides this one but I digress.

You have extra awareness with the Predator. USE IT! Someone who isn't abusing the legal wall hack in their arsenal is doing something wrong here. Pick your fights you don't have the firepower to go all out rambo on other mechs, well most other mechs can't really rambo a 5 v 1 situation but that's not what I'm talking about. If you see a lone mech you have 2 choices if you don't want to end up scrapped: 1 watch and observe where it's going and lay a trap they'll walk in to or 2 leave it alone. Look for windows of opportunities with the extra awareness Stalker gives you, you see a healing mech go for it. Chances are you will either take it out or deal enough damage that another burst of damage will take it out. If you don't like the concept of hiding in the shadows while you wait for an opportunity to kick a man while he's down then you're not going to get the most out of Predator.

Traps: learn to lay a few traps as you're fleeing. Throwing a few EOCs down as you're on the retreat can easily change the tide in your favor. You can deal 480 on a full trap and the Breacher and EOC both have high burst damage (I forget the numbers but it was somewhere along the ballpark of 140ish on a full EOC shot or Breacher shot) and that's more then enough to take out a B mech after they hit your trap.

Think of it this way: In TF2 would you ever use a spy to face a soldier head on_

Edited by jrkong, May 13 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#42 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 08:02 AM

Lol lol play with lightangel or meraple or even maybe me. I have been playing for a week and am lvl 16 and most of my time has been spent playing pred. It is supposed to be a burst mech. Play it like one. I was a noob once but then I saw lights Ultimate Predator Guide. Read it and watch the videos of meraple owning in later posts. Reconsider your accusations please!!

#43 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 08:08 AM

Also in tf2 I always face a soldier as a spy head on but I usually die. 25% of the time I trick stab them. Pred is really good if you can land all your shots and remember to click you right mouse button. If you want to go Rambo 1v3 check out Leanhardts guide on the manguard

#44 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 13 2014 - 10:03 AM

View Postm0bieduck, on May 13 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Also in tf2 I always face a soldier as a spy head on but I usually die. 25% of the time I trick stab them. Pred is really good if you can land all your shots and remember to click you right mouse button. If you want to go Rambo 1v3 check out Leanhardts guide on the manguard
Words cannot express how much I HATE FRANCE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#45 TBoneBiggins

TBoneBiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 09:44 PM

I will say Predator is nice in team-based game modes. They can lay down explosives and I run people into them for some good damage alphas. But in TDM there is almost no reason to use them. Too easy to kill head-on and they can't retaliate well if you see them and jump them. People think they are invisible, yet fail to realize I watched Predator 1+2 many times a year since I could remember. I can spot your 'shimmer', all you are missing is the eyes flashing yellow for a second for effect.

#46 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 03:20 AM

View Postm0bieduck, on May 13 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Lol lol play with lightangel or meraple or even maybe me. I have been playing for a week and am lvl 16 and most of my time has been spent playing pred. It is supposed to be a burst mech. Play it like one. I was a noob once but then I saw lights Ultimate Predator Guide. Read it and watch the videos of meraple owning in later posts. Reconsider your accusations please!!
Thanks for that dude :). I hope I can play with you tonight or soon, I've been busy irl lately.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#47 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:10 AM

Just wait till you get dominated by a pred.
Just wait till you get trolled by its trap.
Just wait till you get backstabbed by its burst.
Just wait till you feel the rage of being NOT able to kill it.
Just wait till you fear it...
All in one match against a good pred.
Then feel the salt on your wounds as you see others bashing it for being underpowered.

#48 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postthebloodgod0, on May 14 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Just wait till you get dominated by a pred.
Just wait till you get trolled by its trap.
Just wait till you get backstabbed by its burst.
Just wait till you feel the rage of being NOT able to kill it.
Just wait till you fear it...
All in one match against a good pred.
Then feel the salt on your wounds as you see others bashing it for being underpowered.

Mate...its ok, it won't be too salty, I drank most of the tears as they slipped out of your oral ports.
Posted Image

#49 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 07:55 AM

The thing with the predator is.... you don't engage in direct combat. You are supposed to outsmart your enemies by having them rub b into you mines and then taking then out with your other gun. Plus prestige does not mean better. And you keep talking about the recruit.  I admit I don't play the recruit but the point of it is that it it's not just supposed to be ready to kill.  In fact you can't complain because you also have a recruit.  So you can't say you don't have that. Also the reason the twit is so good is because it's versatile and can outlay people who don't play their class right.

#50 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostTBoneBiggins, on May 13 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

I will say Predator is nice in team-based game modes. They can lay down explosives and I run people into them for some good damage alphas. But in TDM there is almost no reason to use them. Too easy to kill head-on and they can't retaliate well if you see them and jump them. People think they are invisible, yet fail to realize I watched Predator 1+2 many times a year since I could remember. I can spot your 'shimmer', all you are missing is the eyes flashing yellow for a second for effect.
Dude, preds jump you!! Also you are invisible if you hide next to cover and in the shadows. Preds are the best for head on fights if you can aim very well. It's secondary has a higher dps than most other secondaries. It's good for Tdm too because it is made to get kills.

#51 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostLightangel112, on May 14 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

View Postm0bieduck, on May 13 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thanks for that dude :). I hope I can play with you tonight or soon, I've been busy irl lately.
I've been very busy too. Also it's really hard to play right now because of my allergies. Basically, every 15 seconds I sneeze. Also a team of preds is sooooo op. In Tdm just go in a tunnel (thinking of tunnel near silo 1 in frontline) and lay traps on both entrances. For siege just first send  2 preds to each eu station and 2 on the aa to lay traps. I played against a team who did that on origin and I couldn't kill them because I wasted all my fuel flying over their traps before I could fight them.

Edited by m0bieduck, May 14 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#52 Possta

Possta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:29 PM

What I find hilarious is that everyone here has fallen for OP's troll bait.

#53 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:08 PM

heh. heh heh. hehh ehhehhehh. heh hahahhehhahh hehahhehhahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAH

wat_
Posted Image

#54 ArgosRho

ArgosRho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostGoretastik, on April 11 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

My two cents......ok a nickle ;)

This entire post reeks of lack of understanding on the predator. I honestly want to laugh, but I'm not going to put you down. I mainline predator, and yes I will agree, head to head fighting is terrible. But those moments you feel *safe*..*secure*...those tiny moments of weakness or when you part from the herd...I will kill you quickly and without a fight. That is my job as a predator, I am the wolf to your rabbit, the vulture to your bull, the raptor that will devour you when you least expect.. When you are weakest or most unaware, I will remove you from the fight or leave you so very crippled that the only thing you will be able to do is limp away to a corner and hide.
That, is the predator. We do not fight head on. We do not fight in the front. We are your stalkers and your killers. So, feel safe in your armor and screaming engines.

We will wait.

#55 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted May 15 2014 - 12:17 AM

Oh lawdy who necroed this pile_ Leave this thing dead, y'all. Damn.

#56 Cornarias

Cornarias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 01:26 AM

ITT: T32 Raider and Heat Cannon Infiltrator are bad because their DPS is lower than Fred.

Asking why a burst assassination mech loses to a sustained damage mech in open combat is like asking why a dude with a sled hammer is getting whooped by a dude with a knife. The guy with the knife is quick, but isn't gonna kill you with a small nick. The guy with the sledgehammer will, but he's slow and you can probably stab him to death before he swings.

Basically: you have a sledgehammer, he has a knife. Don't let him mug you. At least, that's what I think I'm getting at.

#57 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted May 15 2014 - 04:30 AM

I do not know what are you talking about. I played Pred yesterday and in my VERY FIRST battle I've had 5 kills in one life (one of them was full hp recruit, and another one was a crush kill).

Edited by Sadistic_Dentist, May 15 2014 - 04:32 AM.

WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#58 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 15 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostArgosRho, on May 14 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

That, is the predator. We do not fight head on. We do not fight in the front. We are your stalkers and your killers. So, feel safe in your armor and screaming engines.

We will wait.

I do fight head on at the front at times, and I do pretty well.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#59 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted May 15 2014 - 06:05 AM

Try the Predator on high ground, those pucks are murder when you've got a pair of Preds snipping down on an AA, especially when you can't strike back without being caught (there being two of them).

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#60 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted May 16 2014 - 11:06 AM

Pred is a mech you never underestimate. If you are dying because you are fighting in the open, then you are doing it wrong. Ambushes, flanking, poking and harassment is how you play the pred. Staying cloaked and only coming out when you need to then going back in. If you are being chased, lay mines and blow them up. They got a nice sized AOE.

My 2 cents.

When you play pred, you play like a snake. Sneak, attack, lurk, destroy.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users