HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Perdator what a JOKE

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:42 AM

I had to laugh I bought some credits...OK

Heres the Laugh

The Recruit mech is stronger faster has more firepower than the Predator.
I laugh as I see Recruits 2 to 3 days new just kill me so easily and I have a good moderate rank.
With more hrs of play.

The weapons on the predator are all so very slow........I`m dead one on one I have no chance shot for shot I can hit the recruit many hits directly and they fire 2 and Im done...over....so Predator or PUSS Ive made my decision.
I seem to play bf3 and kill.....50 50 ..... play hawken with a bought mech Predator and its a Joke.
The opposition has to be recharging themselves for my predator to have any effect_________________

I just finished a game 7 to 42...........nice balance real nice................
If things like this are not fixed I can see many trying once in game and dropping the game...not even realizing the potential.

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears.

ONE: Fix the Balance issue.....

TWO: Fix up some of the higher end mechs.....cmon...if someone paid $$....even a 2 percent over the   recruit is justified.

Fix it up review all the mech`s and give them or their weapons the appropriate fire pwr......

A one week player using recruit mech should not take down a Predator in two shots and the Predator can hit the recruit say 5 times and the recruit lives....WTF cmon lets be reasonable folks.

Or is this just to collect money for credits_______

Is anyone listening, or a dev even play the game to see what needs to be fixed...........I have another Idea for you to make thousands......contact me......
easy peasy.

My two cents....Im floundering about purchasing this game when it comes out......fix a few things first.....

I also play crysis 3......I payed extra for the predator pack......works great key word is PAID...and a newb cannot kill me in one shot.......but I can him........but newb vs veteran the vet should mostly win.....adopt that practice into Hawking....._ even slightly

My two cents......ok a nickle ;)

#2 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:50 AM

on the search area in forms type "predator",then open those topics,read them,always before posting something that has been stated from new players,cause no offence,you just don't know how to use it.predator for me is the most enjoyable mech,check videos,check forums.we all agee predator needs to be buffed a little,but pred is not useless ..

#3 Blood_Jester

Blood_Jester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostGoretastik, on April 11 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

TWO: Fix up some of the higher end mechs.....cmon...if someone paid $$....even a 2 percent over the   recruit is justified.

No that is a pay to win model (P2W) and that is something hawkin should avoid in order to be fair. If you want to buy a mech so you can go around killing newbies, then I am afraid this game is not for you.

In regards to the predator there a multiple threads about it, however be aware that it does have a high learning curve, you can't just hop into it and expect to be good. This is what is different about Hawken and other FPS games, and alot of people find making that transition difficult.

Although I agree it does need a buff, it is not designed to be played like a cloaked aggressive assassin (that would be the infiltrator), the description even says that it is designed more towards defense.

#4 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:56 AM

let me guess, you have not spent but 5-7 matchs in it using the trial one from this weak, you have hit the skill wall that exists in it, because you dont understand that it need to be played differently then how you are playing it, your bashing it. while many of the pro's who know how to play it well think its slightly under powered, they also know that its still very competent and able to do some real damage.  btw, a crt should only ever be killing you if you stand out in the open and let him shoot you, your weapons are all burst based and as such hit very hard, then let you duck around a corner before you shoot again. btw, you also can see through walls, very helpful on many maps. also you have proven that your not skilled enough at the game to know what your saying so I dearly hope that the dev's never use you as a consultant.

#5 KCYF

KCYF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Location1.3667° N, 103.7500° E

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:27 AM

I guess he hasn't got the idea of laying traps, and instead decided to use the Predator as some fuzzy bunny CQC killing machine.

Note to original poster:
Learn the roles and function of a Predator on the battlefield. You are obviously using it wrong. Check up on tips and guides on the forum and learn the ways of the Predator before you bark. I am not a Predator user myself, but I dare say you are asking for suicide if you try to take on enemies head on while in the Predator. It's a cunning little ambush vehicle, not a powerhouse cheese-griller.

PS: I do agree that Predator needs a buff, as I killed them often in my trusty little Bruiser. :P

Edited by KCYF, April 11 2014 - 06:29 AM.

Just FIRE!(And hope for the best!)

#6 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:42 AM

when a sneaky bugger has a pred, hilarity ensues, when and idiot drives is, a thread bitching about it get posted, as a reasonable pred pilot I can safely say you are doing it wrong

#7 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 10:08 AM

*spits out all the drink on the mouth*

You sir seriously make me laugh how you under rate Predator that thing is seriously dangerous on right hands it is nearly like TF2 demoman. Meant mostly for defending an area having it locked down totally and keep enemies in one zone.

Either you are seriously bad as Predator like I or you just have drank or smoked something. Can I have some on a second thought_

#8 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 01:28 PM

I drink and smoke plenty when playing, doesn't stop me dominating.

#9 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 03:00 PM

Another thread about predator. ..

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#10 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:00 PM

highest KD ive ever seen was a predator pilot. The playstyle is way,way,way different from the CRT. Unique, really, among the mechs.

#11 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 11 2014 - 09:58 PM

This Topic Again

people cant use the predator and make topic in forum lol

Edited by AboveTheSky, April 11 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:39 AM

All you bashing me, I'm this Im that.....geez

So a predator should be under a recruit mech power wise...be clear in what you are stating.

MMM
Lets take your mech and power it down so that its rated under a recruit...Luv to see your posts then.
I really would.

Yes I read all the predator threads actually called Guides...see all you have NOT you did not even know what they were called.

To the guy who said I am out killing just newbies.......well a village is missing its idiot

Read my post Genius I stated a recruit is more power full than the Predator.............and a newb can hit it 2 shots with recruit and I hit him 5 with my prestige weapon....and nothing....2 shot from a recruit should not kill a predator...

Go back to your village and ask about remedial english special class.
Dont you ever ever twist my words....there clear and concise whats your excuse I'm comparing  mech to a mech.
Dont like it tough.

But hey Im far from the only one.
you all chime in and not one of you uses it........laughable.........

So cmon go use it in a few games.........put your money where your mouth is.
Step up to the plate.....and use it......see what you post then.

Ive gonet back to the recruit mech.....and it is better than predator......period..... go look at the weapon numbers.....Do numbers Lie now.
seems they will according to you all...posted here.

Bash away......the numbers are the numbers....I will wait a day a let you all bash me to death and post em....that will shut you up

By the way my Pred is highest rank........so its not a aim issue..and got it there in 6 days but recruit mech has more firepower.

LOL

As a recruit mech I go looking for preds....easy kills.....so easy.....

Edited by Goretastik, April 12 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#13 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:16 AM

that is not what we are saying. the preditor just takes so much more skill then what you have right now. and because of that, you seem to be bad with it and assume that its bad, instead of actually learning it ( by which I mean spending about 10-20 hours learning it)  so what we are saying is actully learn the dam thing before crying up a storm and acting like a child. really we have no need for any of your posts. nor your attitude.

#14 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:21 AM

In short predator is really awful for dueling and head on assaults, there's the CRTAssault for that job.

Falls under team support like the Bruiser, solo it can run in to problems quickly when jumped.

Edited by Stingz, April 12 2014 - 07:22 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#15 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:29 AM

Bull

I stated and once again I have the highest rank with Predator how did I do that in 6 days........._
Yes must be I don't know it...must be.

No one reads just posts........

As for attitude.....One post and how many jumped down my throat well excuse me while I chew them up and spit them out.......one by one will never effect me.
I state facts and can back them up.....I read, before I post.

So ok here are the weapons stats...strongest one for pred......and look a both pics.........

So  look at this before you buy Predator...this is what your in for.
And all the opinions of other who will say anything.....numbers once again do not lie.

Look at the pics............lets take your mech and down the power below Recruit.
Opinions please, can we back this thread down a discuss not snipe.

Attached Files

#16 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:41 AM

facts, there are players who spend hours playing the preditor and it shows when they can deal with basicly any other mech in the game. but its mostly do to the fact they learned it enough to do well with it, you have yet to prove that you have invested enough time with it to understand it. so the more you keep acting like this, the more you prove that your not valid as an expert. I know and have talked to many preditor pilots and have seen with my own eyes what a skilled preditor pilot can do and its much more then what you have made out. again, your the one making wild claims. we the community know its good, and nothing you say will change it, and this is because we have something you dont, its called experance.

#17 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:50 AM

ITT: Predator played like Fred is weaker than Fred.

#18 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 08:47 AM

Yep thats my point thank you McBonY

But why a fancy name like Predator and its weaker than the Basic Recruit just does not wash.

I think predator......good one on one take down.......nope not the case.
Weapons.....equal to recruit or 5% better....or even 3%...heck hence the name Predator...nope not the case.
Speed and agility equal to or 5% better or even 3% better than basic recruit...nope not the case.

I have another name for it..LOL

Fred wins a basic recruit in death match should kill predzy every time skill point for point..

So jump down my throat but for the 3rd time

Numbers don't lie...weapons pwr matters and not one of you here did not take that into consideration choosing your mech______
Lets see one person say no weapons power never entered my mind...LOL

With a name like predator....you expect the same power up and weapons that all the other Mechs have or at least equal to....is that to much to ask

So you have a Mech called Predator that is number by number weaker than a basic recruit day 1.
even when predator has prestige weapons still lesser than Recruit stock weapons day one...LOL LOL

Thats what the numbers tell me.

Experience means jack Sh........when recruit is firing 71s pwr per shot and Pred is say 50.....shot for shot......no missing..who will generally win the match_  

I know...do you all.

Is a misnomer--- the name thats the confusion peps buy it thinking its a good powerful mech.......and it is weaker than the recruit stock...

Big deal cloak.....that will be the next snipe........but other can also....and have more or better weapons stock and other wise.

Its the Name that fools folk.

#19 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 09:03 AM

its a powerful mech, but because your playing it wrong and looking at the numbers which btw, do lie to you, your not able to understand what the strength of the preditor is. and again, your lack of expreance is proving you wrong again.

breacher does 128 damage, very low fall off for a shot gun, and when charged, has a 100 damage bolt that can hit at range, yes its dps is low, but its burst allows it to hit people and duck into cover preventing dps weapons like the ar and smc from doing much damage to you. the eoc repeator is even stronger as it can do 162 damage at any range. but because you dont know how to use these weapons, your saying its worse then the fred. let me guess, you have allowed them to dps you down over and over again, and you know what, thats why your losing all the dam time with it. I still have not mentend that the eoc preditor does 80 damage per hit with the fastest rof of any secondary (aside from the saab or the g2 assaults silly twin vulcan)   you also forget your ability allows you to see through walls and take preemptive strikes on threats, while being much harder to see then any other mech in the game. again, something you clearly lack a understanding in. again, we are on your case because you keep spreading bs about things you think you understand, but clearly dont. and you prove that your not mature enough to understand how to play this. in short, the preditor is much to good of a mech and ahc should remove it from your account as you clearly will never be able to play it worth a dam.

#20 MegaManX

MegaManX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 10:46 AM

It sound like his problem with the predator mech is that it's being beaten by a mech called "Recruit." What he fails to realize is that the recruit mech is SUPPOSED to be a good mech. Predator is faster than recruit. If you hate the playstyle so much, buy and assault and rename it "predator." Their problem solved.

Also, prestige weapon doesn't mean better. If you are expecting your mech to get better with rank ups that's fine. This game isn't for you. A presteige vulcan is no better than an alternate vulcan on Assault. They are the same gun. A stronger predator would be OP if you played predator the way it was meant to be played. If you want it to play better than a Fred, with tactics of a Fred, it isn't gonna happen.

Edited by MegaManX, April 12 2014 - 10:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users