HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Perdator what a JOKE

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thank for the Responses

I dont know how to use the Mech but I got it to Full Gold Chevrons in 5-6 days...but I dont know how to use the mech......ok sure, look its a pig with wings....geeez

Now all you can see in the above is I dont know how to use bla bla....blind to the rest.

I search the forum ~ALL~your posts '.
The GENERIC STATEMENT FROM YOU 2 ALWAYS IS:

YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT OR YOU HAVE NOT THE EXPERIENCE
Do you get tired of typing it_ make it a macro easier opps my skill opps.

Its in both of your posts regularly who are you kissing a Dev for a free bee hope you get it -- he must be chapped by now...LOL.
People can search you know.
Or do you feel they have not the skills or experience to do just that_

By the way before posting about the predator......I asked during chat in Game Play.

No one uses it ....only reply I did get was Predator SUCKs to under powered..........not my words but a response on chat in game play. Only one I could get to respond no one uses Predator.

but yep your right and sign my cheques so yous is right massta....oh lordy lordy.

kick me ban me....least I stepped up to the plate and told the truth...more than some others here with Generic comments.

GFU

No worries I will not post or be back but I will spread the word about your lovely forums.....that are not meant for posting......but slagging.
Thank you for giving a newbie a nice warm FU fellas........karma is just around the corner, tempt fate go ahead.  Use your skills.

#22 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 08:48 PM

so basicly, your mad for us calling you out for being a arrogant know it all, and when we explane why your wrong and try to help you improve, you run away with your tail between your legs. you do know the game will be much better with out you. your lack of maturity is really annoying. and its funny that your threatening to send a bunch of muck at us because you feel hurt. again, your the one who came in here acting like a fuzzy bunny, you only got in kind. maybe after getting yelled back on in enough forums from your bad attitude you will learn that your not the center of the universe.

#23 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostGoretastik, on April 11 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

I seem to play bf3 and kill.....50 50 ..... play hawken with a bought mech Predator and its a Joke.

Throw your Battlefield 3 experience out the window when playing this game, buddy. The two games are not very similar and other than some aiming skills, not much translates between the two games. If you want to compare this game to something similar, play TF2. TF2 and Hawken are CLASS BASED shooters. Every class has a set clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. Your ability to adapt to those strengths and weaknesses are what determines your skill. Some classes, the strengths and weaknesses are MUCH more magnified than others, but often times are the most fun to play. And the key word here is balance. Veteran players in those games are given more options in terms of play style, not so much a flat out advantage. Also, as you move up the ladder, the mechs get harder to use. By the way, going from the CR-T to the Predator is a horrible transition. Definitely NOT for new players. But that's how it should be. Predator has the ability to do insane amount of damage in the blink of an eye. That kind of firepower should be hard to use.

BF3, COD and other games like them have a system set up where the newer players are left at a severe disadvantage not because they lack experience, but simply because they are denied the basic tools to play the game on even grounds with other players. And the games just become easier as you play more, not so much cuz you the more skilled, but mostly cuz you're handed FAR better tools than a fellow player. Those same tools are usually just as, if not more easy to use than the beginning weapons. Instead of removing crutches for veteran players, they give them even more.

I also play crysis 3......I payed extra for the predator pack......works great key word is PAID...and a newb cannot kill me in one shot.......but I can him........but newb vs veteran the vet should mostly win.....

That's pay to win. You can have that in your Crysis 3 but it has no place in Hawken. And Crysis 3 is not a free-to-play game in the first place. Completely different ball game.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#24 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:55 AM

Predators are downright nasty in the right hands. Don't make the mistake of underestimating your foe.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 13 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#25 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:18 PM

Today i made 20 kils on tdm with predator how u call that under power lol

Posted Image

#26 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 13 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I've seen people do that with a tech.

So many unstated factors to consider...

#27 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:55 PM

when I want a quick chuckle, this thread delivers

Edited by Madman01, April 13 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#28 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:30 AM

View PostGoretastik, on April 12 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

As a recruit mech I go looking for preds....easy kills.....so easy.....
I'd like to see you say easy if you ever come across me. Just saying. When you meet a real predator player, you will know it. I probably now have over 190 hours clocked with predator. It has taken me a long long time to get good with him.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 15 2014 - 02:33 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#29 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:51 AM

View Postmccrorie, on April 13 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 13 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I've seen people do that with a tech.

So many unstated factors to consider...

Unstated factors, like the only way to get that with a Tech is when playing with bad players / Killstealing.
I've been there, done that.
Nothing special.

Edited by Meraple, April 15 2014 - 02:51 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#30 Bakaneko_Ouka

Bakaneko_Ouka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:47 AM

Inspired by this thread I did check the thing out, using the fact, that Pred is now on free roll.
It is very enjoyable machine, fun, yet hard to handle. I tried so far all mods but Missle Assault and the only one where I had been stomped on is Deathmatch, but meh, other stats are sufficient, decent K/D ratio and I do place usually 2nd or 3rd, few mvp granted as well.

Cloaking is to be used wisely. Still working on my secondary weapon skill, but I do not think its that underpowered. It works fine against any kind of opponent.
Oh and it is a nice teamplay mecha, just cloak and lurk in the shadow of your companions and the opponents will be in troubles ;3

#31 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 15 2014 - 10:37 AM

For those who want OP's TL;DR: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS MECH AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSTANDING OF ITS PLAYSTYLE, SO IT SUCKS.

Basic level Predator play: lern2troll
Advanced level Predator play: acquire stupidly high scores by making the enemy paranoid that they're being followed by ghosts.

#32 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostMawnkey, on April 15 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

For those who want OP's TL;DR: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS MECH AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSTANDING OF ITS PLAYSTYLE, SO IT SUCKS.

Basic level Predator play: lern2troll
Advanced level Predator play: acquire stupidly high scores by making the enemy paranoid that they're being followed by ghosts.
expert level predator play, actully be the ghost that is following them in there dreams, the memory that they will never be able to forget, the memory that reminds them how frail they are.

#33 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:19 PM

The problem I see here is that the OP wants the Predator to play like a recruit, so he tries to and subsequently fails because they require entirely different playstyles.

And to the OP, I don't care if you have maxed rank on the Predator plus prestige. Prestige weapon doesn't mean jack**** if you don't know how to use it. It's not an automatically more powerful weapon than the default. Plus, max rank means nothing if you can't use the mech properly. All rank reflects is time spent and experience earned with the mech, nothing more. It has no reflection on your personal skill level with the mech. A rank 1 mech can beat a rank 6 mech with prestige any day.

If you take the time to take a step back, read up on how to play, LISTEN to advice, adjust your play style accordingly, you'll do better.

Edited by Silverfire, April 15 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#34 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:36 PM

guys, why can't shootsharper beat brawlr in close_...... I don't get it.... garbage, i use till max lvl *(AND NEVEr SCOPE bcuz scope is nub).and not get many kills as cod or titanfall... worst mech ever..... devs kill urselfs.......

#35 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostDew, on April 15 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

guys, why can't shootsharper beat brawlr in close_...... I don't get it.... garbage, i use till max lvl *(AND NEVEr SCOPE bcuz scope is nub).and not get many kills as cod or titanfall... worst mech ever..... devs kill urselfs.......

I look forward to seeing your montages of point-blank quickscopes accompanied by the thrumming of DUBSTEP

#36 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted April 16 2014 - 01:44 PM

Predator ain't no joke.
This thread tho...

#37 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 05:52 AM

Nice to be loved.

View Postkanamisan, on April 12 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

so basicly, your mad for us calling you out for being a arrogant know it all, and when we explane why your wrong and try to help you improve, you run away with your tail between your legs. you do know the game will be much better with out you. your lack of maturity is really annoying. and its funny that your threatening to send a bunch of muck at us because you feel hurt. again, your the one who came in here acting like a fuzzy bunny, you only got in kind. maybe after getting yelled back on in enough forums from your bad attitude you will learn that your not the center of the universe.

Once again your this your that and I need to grow up.
Run away with my tail between my legs because I dont know the game.
Im threatening you......you best elaborate on that...._ and be very very careful legally with your response.
I am starting to feel harassed by you and intimidated.

Back to the topic:

No help was ever given or offered just ~you dont know how to play the game, so show me one instance of help in this thread, just bashing after my first post, clearly you can read_
Then perhaps you could read past the first sentence, go for a whole paragraph with out picking out just 2 words at a time and bashing.

No help was given through this thread, just personal rederick.
You cant this
You cant that
You are this
You are that

That constitutes help in your eyes
Only Silverfire chimed in with any sense at all and I thank him for that but still I think Pred is a weaker class mech
But we are both entitled to our opinions.....fair is fair.....yes it is a mine layer.......be prepared for that.
I clearly stated I give up Im no longer asking for anything.

End of line. GFU

Edited by Goretastik, April 23 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#38 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostGoretastik, on April 23 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Nice to be loved.

No problem.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#39 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostGoretastik, on April 23 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

No help was ever given or offered just ~you dont know how to play the game, so show me one instance of help in this thread, just bashing after my first post, clearly you can read_
You original post never was asking for help with using the mech, just bashing the game and the developers for having the predator. Probably explains the responses you've been getting. If you aren't asking for help and just flashing around your opinion, you can expect others to do likewise.

#40 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 04:09 AM

I need to say OP. Good Predator is serious backstab to anybody but Predator is easy to trash out on direct fire duel. Do not under rate Predator ever it is so difficult that I haven't even got it to level 2 yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users