HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Are there instances where you're not using an Air Compressor_

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostreVelske, on April 23 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

I have a strong biased opinion against air combat mainly because of a high latency of 200ms (multiple axis to manual latency compensate when aiming at airborne target), so my head is so far up my ass it's nigh impossible to dislodge it, hence, fuzzy bunny air combat.

COME AT ME BRO LET'S SLIDE AROUND AND PEWPEW EACH OTHER HEY WAIT WHERE YOU GOING STOP FLOATING AROUND YOU fuzzy bunny FAIRIE GET BACK DOWN HERE AND LET ME SHOOT YOU GOD DAMMIT WHY IS MY DVULCAN MISSING WHY AFRICA WHY *expires*

Lol. Well when you put it like that, I guess it's understandable. XD
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#42 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted April 23 2014 - 09:30 AM

I don't understand why so many people are angry at the AC.
I use it on my zerk and woop ass, call me a coward or a "bad player" all you want while I laugh at you from the top of the scoreboard, does not bother me.
I don't want this game to lose internals/mechs/items because they are effective, that's sort of backwards thinking.

My 2cents, use whatever works for you and fuzzy bunny the naysayers. They are always going to complain no matter what game they are playing. It's in their blud.

#43 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:31 PM

View Postgrandreaper, on April 23 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

I don't understand why so many people are angry at the AC.
I use it on my zerk and woop ass, call me a coward or a "bad player" all you want while I laugh at you from the top of the scoreboard, does not bother me.
I don't want this game to lose internals/mechs/items because they are effective, that's sort of backwards thinking.

My 2cents, use whatever works for you and fuzzy bunny the naysayers. They are always going to complain no matter what game they are playing. It's in their blud.
Besides, this is a thread about how often people are using it, not how good/bad it is anyways

I have less issue with the air compressor being good or bad itself (watch that change to self loathing once I try out grenadier), and I can totally agree that other parts can fit better for other mechs or playstyles that stick to the ground much more often.  My issue is more with the SUPER PRO players coming out of the woodwork to say the Air Compressor is actually garbage, or even a HANDICAP to make you easier to kill (what), and only idiots could EVER die to someone using it when I mention how much better my life has become with it than without it on my Berserker.

Before air compressor, negative KDR.  After air compressor, in 2.3 KDR by the time my playtime on it had hit three hours.  It is totally a coincidence and I am only a bad player fighting other bad players.  Though it would explain that 5 dominations at once, seeing how we have players lurking around claiming their "I constantly top scoreboard and get 3-5 dominations on scout, without air compressor" well okay I can easily believe tha- "Or dodging all that much" pffft.

EDIT: God, I wish I could find the guy claiming it was easier to dodge TOW splash damage with ground dodges than air dodges.

Edited by SectionZ, April 23 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#44 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted April 23 2014 - 03:42 PM

I have that thing on my scout and on my fuzzy bunny SS, because it makes scout almost op, and because fuzzy bunny SS.

#45 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:21 AM

Have to say I stopped using it on every mech except my Flak Scout, it take's too many slot's, and I find that it was promoting me to not use cover as much, I do much better without it, it is great vs new players, but not vs people that can aim.

#46 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostAmisto, on April 24 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Have to say I stopped using it on every mech except my Flak Scout, it take's too many slot's, and I find that it was promoting me to not use cover as much, I do much better without it, it is great vs new players, but not vs people that can aim.
I so agree with you there bro. They should add it by default on mechs.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#47 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostLightangel112, on April 24 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostAmisto, on April 24 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

I so agree with you there bro. They should add it by default on mechs.
It would be awesome if it was default on all the mechs. As for discouraging the use of cover, I've found I've been able to utilize cover in ways I could not have without the air dodge. I can be under someone who's on a platform, I can hover up, pop a tow in their face and dash back under the platform before they can effectively retaliate. Works great in places like the AA zones on frontline and origin. Or when escaping involves falling, you can air dodge just before you hit the ground without having to slow yourself with the thrusters or take the fall damage and increased landing recovery time. It also helps with removing an enemy's height advantage over you if you're fighting uphill.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#48 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted April 27 2014 - 09:35 AM

I only use it on Rocketeer and Bruiser because HellFire rain is better when you launch if from higher ground and can be nearly undodgeable,
on Berserker because the highest air speed need some love
and on Infiltrator because it's easier to aim with EOC from higher ground same as GL.

In other mechs it's useless for me as I can utlize better builds without AC.
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#49 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted April 29 2014 - 12:46 PM

I will elaborate, if you have air dodge, it generally makes you want to jump in the air at every engagement and start air dodging, as opposed to not having them, you stay back a bit more and stay near cover a hell of a lot more, both are ways to mitigate damage, the latter helps you be more cautious, which for me is good.  I love jumping in and getting the bullets flying, not having compressor helps me curtail this bad habit, not to mention I can take composite armor + deflectors + fail safe + extractor on my infil which is actually pretty good.

#50 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 29 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostAmisto, on April 29 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

I will elaborate, if you have air dodge, it generally makes you want to jump in the air at every engagement and start air dodging, as opposed to not having them, you stay back a bit more and stay near cover a hell of a lot more, both are ways to mitigate damage, the latter helps you be more cautious, which for me is good.  I love jumping in and getting the bullets flying, not having compressor helps me curtail this bad habit, not to mention I can take composite armor + deflectors + fail safe + extractor on my infil which is actually pretty good.
As much as I swear by my air compressor on my Berserker, my Infiltrator went without it on my run from start to rank 6.  Though it's been Deflector/Evasive/Basic Converter/Basic Reconstructor on my end.  For maximum "GET BACK HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU!"  If I'm having a very stupid day I'll slot in the shock coils when It's origin or something.

Half the time it's a waste, but the other half of the time Evasive Device has saved my robutt on getting away with infiltrator.

You spend so much time walking to sneak up on people, or to conserve fuel while cloaked on Infiltrator that the ground game just comes more naturally to that mech than the Berserker.  I always find myself wishing I slotted the Air Compressor every time my Infiltrator gets shot while on a jump pad arc though.

Edited by SectionZ, April 29 2014 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users