HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

immunity to your own and team items

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ZyderZee

ZyderZee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMIDWEST USA

Posted April 19 2014 - 09:03 AM

why in this game are you affected by your own and teammates items such as heat charge and emp_ you should be immune to them so you can use them as an advantage and not be crippled by them, they should be used as offensive as well as defensive,

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted April 19 2014 - 09:12 AM

If these items wouldn't affect you and your teammates they wouldn't have real drawbacks. There would be no risk involved. The way these items are now makes you think twice how to use the item. These powerful items (disable the enemies' weapons) with a large AOE are not supposed to be some fire&forget utilities. Without drawbacks they would be utterly overpowered (imo).

#3 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 19 2014 - 09:24 AM

As much as it is a bit inconsistent to not have friendly damage in any way shape or form but allows these AOE status items to affect teamies, it makes perfectly good sense in terms of preventing unnecessary frustration. Accidental team EMP is only mildly annoying and isn't a common enough occurrence to be complaint worthy, and Heat Charge is easily avoidable.

Allowing people to absolutely abuse status ailment items without the friendly fire nature, however, just makes zero sense, and dare I say breaks the immersion, I actually struggled with coming up with something to post because the reasoning you've provided for the complaint is so bloody trivial. Use Heat Charge as defensive measure_ Hiding in Heat Charge doesn't help anybody, it's an area denial, you are better off hiding behind it rather than in it. Be honest, you are just making this thread because you got pissed off by accidental team EMP/Heat Charge.

Edited by reVelske, April 19 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#4 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostZyderZee, on April 19 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

why in this game are you affected by your own and teammates items such as heat charge and emp_ you should be immune to them so you can use them as an advantage and not be crippled by them, they should be used as offensive as well as defensive,
Being immune to your own items would be ridiculous, for the same reason you're not immune to your own TOW/grenade explosions.

I didn't know that heat charges and EMP affected teammates, though. That seems like it could change.

#5 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted April 21 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'd just like to take this thread as an opportunity to apologize to everyone on my team I hit with an EMP today.

All, like, 20 of you.

Sorry, I just changed up my items and the scrambler is no longer bound to 2... EMP is.

Sorry.

#6 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 22 2014 - 12:15 AM

i was wondering from where the hell That Emp is coming

youuuu

Posted Image

#7 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted April 22 2014 - 04:02 AM

Seriously_ Think how realistic would it be!

PS If you feel offended, I am sorry.

Attached Files

WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#8 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 09:45 AM

if anything they should go the other way and your gunfire should damage friendly mechs. though that would certainly be the source of much griefing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users