HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

AIR COMPRESSOR - INTERNAL OR DEFAULT!_

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Air Compressor (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Internal or Default!_

1. Internal (32 votes [22.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.07%

2. Default (71 votes [48.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.97%

3. Remove (42 votes [28.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 07 2014 - 12:46 PM

Air Compressor's not neccesary in order to be a good pilot.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#62 Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 01:37 PM

Voted internal, I think it's fine as it is now.

#63 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostShoutaxeror, on August 10 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

Voted internal, I think it's fine as it is now.

It adds a new dynamic to the game, while lessening the skill requirement in alot of situations.
Flying was very situational, and even then only on very few occasions.
Now you can just press spacebar to win in scrubpubs, thanks to the Air Compressor.

Thus, I think it's far from fine at all.
Anything lowering the skill ceiling in HAWKEN is something bad, in my opinion.
It allows bad players to think they're good.

My thoughts on how to fix this:

- Make dodge cooldown longer than usual after an air dodge
- actual acceleration instead of insta-accel BS
- more fuel consumption when using an air dodge, over time instead of instantly;
the more accelerated you are, the more fuel consumption

Just my thoughts; no offense to you, or anything.

Edited by Meraple, August 10 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#64 Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 02:36 AM

It must need some adjustments as it I noticed it was a subject of many arguing. Making it a less regular dodge than ground dodging seems to be a good compromise. Just don't nerf it too much if it's still an internal.

#65 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 02:44 AM

If this internal would be nerfed badly, i can't be a effective tech anymore on some maps, where i have to dodge so many shots from different angles or have to fly all around the whole AA (Origin) while healing my mates and don't get shot by the enemy, or just healing from the top, jump and fly down while healing and dodging into the aa to heal someone there asap.

This all is only possible with AC.

But, i would say, if the enemy is handycapped too, they can't be as effective as me, so it would't matter anymore, but it would destroy my feeling for this game and bad players are bad with AC too, nothing will change.

If the AC get nerfed badly, so i can't dodge anymore 3-4 times in midair while flying (full fuel tank), so i can make maybe only 1 dodge, i would go for replenisher instead, because AC would be only a burden to me like this blocking full 3 slots for almost nothing to use for.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, August 11 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#66 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:37 AM

Default it and also add new internals....More variety would be nice.

#67 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 05 2014 - 10:33 AM

The truth is that this internal should just be removed altogether unless there is a penalty to flying in the manner of hitbox size increase by 100%

#68 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted September 05 2014 - 11:28 AM

I don't have a problem with AC, so... I'm terribad with it but if you can use it more power to you. I have noticed one thing using it:the dodge seems to consume a set percentage of your fuel tank so even if you have a massive tank it still depletes it just as fast on all mechs. correct me if I'm wrong and if I am sorry. Dunno if you can't handle a mech that airdodges run away. and if you have a problem with the logic, compare the height of the mechs and people in the garage and then to the maps. you will notice the people would be as tall as the light poles on the road sides.

#69 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 13 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on August 11 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

If this internal would be nerfed badly, i can't be a effective tech anymore on some maps, where i have to dodge so many shots from different angles or have to fly all around the whole AA (Origin) while healing my mates and don't get shot by the enemy, or just healing from the top, jump and fly down while healing and dodging into the aa to heal someone there asap.

But, i would say, if the enemy is handycapped too, they can't be as effective as me, so it would't matter anymore, but it would destroy my feeling for this game and bad players are bad with AC too, nothing will change.

If the AC get nerfed badly, so i can't dodge anymore 3-4 times in midair while flying (full fuel tank), so i can make maybe only 1 dodge, i would go for replenisher instead, because AC would be only a burden to me like this blocking full 3 slots for almost nothing to use for.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

The best solution for your problem would be to remove the tech as well.

#70 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 13 2014 - 02:59 PM

View Posthendman, on September 13 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

I dont get that hate to the tech,while i dont like playing one,when tried it was fun,plus u become a target by all your enemies.People forget to focus fire on tech,thats the problem.

Edited by Odinous, September 13 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#71 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostOdinous, on September 13 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

View Posthendman, on September 13 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

I dont get that hate to the tech,while i dont like playing one,when tried it was fun,plus u become a target by all your enemies.People forget to focus fire on tech,thats the problem.

You nailed it.......you summarized the main concerns with the tech in one sentence.

It is fun to play, but not to play against.
It reduces tactics to "kill the tech first".

More or less the same flawed design concept has produced the AC........too many benefits with no real penalties make it the "must have" item.

#72 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 04:13 AM

@Hendman,

sorry, i play in every game, if i can, Healer/Support Class, whatever job i have to do (ammuniation, heal, curse or blinding the enemy). So, as long i play hawken, i will be a technician pilot.

But i had many games as well, where playing technician dosn't work well, because no teamplay or they needed my firepower to win the round, because my teammates where not strong enough. Tech isn't OP and to kill the tech first place isn't working any time as well. Sometimes there are 1 or 2in a team, as strong as 2 players alone, you must kill first and the rest will die when that speific player dies.

It depends as well on the "playstyle", if your team is rushing in all the time, dying a lot, i can't be effective, if we have more a stay and fire game, until my or the enemy team have more hurting/repairing mechs and we can finaly rush in fast an kill all, the team with technician will have the upper hand, if both teams are even in terms of skills/mechs.

And now i reached a painful mmr zone, where balancing dosn't work that good anymore, because i get most of the time the less stronger member (of course), but not only 1, 2-3, so they are even with technician not strong enough to get enough kills, because they die way to often, made tactic mistakes to use a map and we get stomped, whatever i do.

The only thing i can do for better balancing is to leave the server and joing after that, so the team iam joining have at least 1 more good player, or 1 less but 2 good or something like that. I can work with that as a tech, if i stay, i have to fight myself because of high mmr, i don't like that. Technician gets too many points, so high mmr.

Sorry for my grammar, i know it's a pain, i do my best to write at least understandable.

AC is for me not on every mech "must have item", Inci/Raider/Grenadier/Brawler/Predator/Sharpshooter don't have it.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, September 15 2014 - 04:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users