HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

AIR COMPRESSOR - INTERNAL OR DEFAULT!_

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Air Compressor (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Internal or Default!_

1. Internal (32 votes [22.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.07%

2. Default (71 votes [48.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.97%

3. Remove (42 votes [28.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Quwin

Quwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 02:34 AM

bump

#22 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 03:18 AM

Defaults winning by a land slide.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#23 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 03 2014 - 03:46 AM

I voted "remove" because I want to play a mech shooter and not a flight simulator.

#24 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostLightangel112, on May 03 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

Defaults winning by a land slide.
Yep, "all" of HAWKEN population has voted.. :P
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#25 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostDerMax, on May 03 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

I voted "remove" because I want to play a mech shooter and not a flight simulator.

I dont think so, this is a Mech"shooter", so they can fly, run, dodge, jump. I have the Air Compressor on every mech, because the maps are way to small. I need it too jump out of the way, or over my teammytes to repair them with my tech or flying around the AA in Origin, if i have to kill some mechs in repairmode, or to flee, when my teammates playing too much C Classes and all stuck in the aa, so i dont have a way to repair myself and a jump to the ground can be dangerous (flying crosshair).

So i vote for default. And i dont like to be fodder for Sharpshooter or Hellfires, if i stucke in Mid air, when i use jumpplattforms. If i play againts good players, iam mostly dead for sure, if i dont have one.

Its my second nature now. But i know people who dislike it, because it consumes too much slots.

Mechs = future, so i want even more than what we have, its too simple.

- I want Modifications
- more secondary weapons or the possibility to change the weapon nature a little bit (auto tracking Hellfire for example, but 0,5sec slower firerate)
- secondary weapon on both firearms, but more heat generation
- more Fuel, slower Boostspeed
- more armory and slower walkspeed
- or more walk/boost/flyspeed and lower armor

Or when i play technician a healthbar from every mech from our team with a healthbarcircleindication on the middlescreen, what indicate me, who have low HP with colors like red/yellow/green.

There are so many things broken in this game, that freaks me out.

Best Regards,

Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, May 05 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#26 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:21 AM

Its my second nature now. But i know people who dislike it, because it consumes too much slots.
This is my main gripe with it and that of other players not having this movement option without the internal being in place.

Edited by Lightangel112, May 05 2014 - 05:23 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#27 Ani_Maniac

Ani_Maniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:36 AM

I see this exactly like GalaxyRadio, so I voted for "default" too.

#28 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostLightangel112, on May 05 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

This is my main gripe with it and that of other players not having this movement option without the internal being in place.

But thats it, if you want it, you have to use 3 Slots or you losing youre airmovement. The Others have the same problem as well. Dont see it the way that you are handycapped, because you want to use the extra space of 3 slots :)

Best Regards,

Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, May 05 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#29 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 01:50 PM

I would like to see it kept as an internal. Something this good should have SOME sort of cost associated with it, but for those of us who run non-zerkers, we don't always need the option and would prefer better standard flight mechanics.

Also an interesting concept would be to make it 4 slots instead of 3, but have B-class have 7 internal slots and C-class have 8 so you can still use it on the less mobile mechs without sacrificing internal space. A-classes that run it (with a skilled pilot) are kinda broken, and personally I feel A-classes, with their smaller frames, should be able to hold less goodies anyway.

#30 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 07 2014 - 10:54 PM

I personally think it should be left as an internal. It doesn't need to be default. It is an advantage in terms of mobility, so it should come at a significant cost. I use the AC on all my mechs, but even then I stay rooted to the ground. If anything, I just use it for when I have to escape and pull off really fancy tricks over people's heads to run away. People who rambo with this internal aren't much better off than if they did that without this internal. It's also handy if your team is stacked in front of you, and you still need to shoot over them but not lose your ability to dodge back to cover. The only difference between an air dodge and a normal one is that most people don't fully expect it. If you're having trouble hitting someone who uses an air compressor, that means that you have a problem hitting people who dodge normally. The differences are trivial. You just aim slightly higher for one versus the other. The only time where the advantage is significantly higher is in point-blank range. You can dodge right over someone's head, which is something most people aren't used to handling. Beyond that, though, it's just an elevated dodge. It's no different than if someone was dodging your shots when they are standing on an elevated platform. I don't think it should be default though, because it would greatly encourage new players to fly more than they should. Flying in the open = dead, even with an AC.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#31 MegaManX

MegaManX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 02:48 AM

I vote to remove it in its entirety.

However, I also feel that A-classes will be brought down a fuzzy bunny ton if its completely removed.

I have for the most part played C's and B's. About a month ago i purchased a scout and a reaper. I realize now how bad A-classes need air compressor to deal with really good teams. A-class is mostly about going in, picking off the weak or vulnerable mechs and then get out of there. Against good teams, it is near impossible to do that without air compressor. It provides the extra mobility, and unpredicitablility to give you a chance to get out of there instead of suiciding.

However, I also realize that having it as a spammable gimmick, really puts out the newer players who are not experienced, nor have good team coordination to be able to deal. I say make it default on A-classes but with a cool down timer. Say 10 - 20 seconds or so. It will make it so that you have to use it wisely instead of just spamming it like most people do these days.

Personally, I never use air compressor on any of my mechs excluding the scout. Reaper, i can deal with for the most part. And even on the scout i rarely ever use it. I suppose it is just a preference_ I can say though that it isn't necessary at all to be a good pilot. I still top the teams on pubs without it, and I have gotten used to A classes using it. I tend to just hide behind a wall until they drop to the ground, then they have no idea what to do without the air compressor aiding them.

Edited by MegaManX, May 08 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#32 Bribe_Guntails

Bribe_Guntails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 10:53 PM

Air Compressor makes A Class mechs too difficult to compete against. It should be removed or nerfed significantly, nothing less.

#33 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 16 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostMegaManX, on May 08 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

However, I also realize that having it as a spammable gimmick, really puts out the newer players who are not experienced, nor have good team coordination to be able to deal. I say make it default on A-classes but with a cool down timer. Say 10 - 20 seconds or so. It will make it so that you have to use it wisely instead of just spamming it like most people do these days.

It is not as spammable as you would think. I used to be pretty wreckless with the AC, especially in my berserker, but I learned the hard way of how crippling that can be. This internal EATS fuel. In any A-Class mech, your fuel guage is almost more important than your armor. If you run out of fuel in a light mech, you are dead. So many times, I spammed the hell out of my AC just to get that one kill, only to end up being out of fuel with no where to run. Usually another enemy would just mop me up at that point. People who use this internal have to worry even more about fuel management more so than most other players will. Give some credit where credit is due, fuel management is one of the key skills you must possess to be good at this game. This internal will reward the player with extra mobility but will SEVERELY punish the player for poor fuel management.

I still top the teams on pubs without it, and I have gotten used to A classes using it. I tend to just hide behind a wall until they drop to the ground, then they have no idea what to do without the air compressor aiding them.

Bingo. That's the best way to counter it right there. That's the main issue with this internal, though; most people aren't used to countering it. It's just like how most people think the Scout is OP until they pilot one and realize all the weaknesses that comes with using it. It's just hard for people to fight against things they aren't used to handling.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, May 16 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#34 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 16 2014 - 07:27 PM

It needs to be: removed or default...

if it gets by default it needs come improvements
-use way more fuel
or
-have a longer cooldown

that way you won't have flying bees all the time
though removing it would be the best...
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#35 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:38 PM

Just keep it as it is,
I have no idea how to use it and i don't want to.
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#36 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:40 PM

Make it default on Incinerator.
That way it'd actually be balanced.
A classes are already OP, please nerf.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#37 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostMeraple, on May 30 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Make it default on Incinerator.
That way it'd actually be balanced.
A classes are already OP, please nerf.

Should I laugh about your comment_ Nice joke ;)

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

#38 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted June 03 2014 - 08:15 PM

I personally strongly dislike the internal. I'm terribly at using it, and terrible at dealing with mechs equipped with it. For completely selfish reasons, I wish it weren't a thing. Really though, butthurt aside, I don't like what it's done to the game. The amount of time mechs spend in the air looks kinda goofy, and in my opinion, hurts the aesthetic / general feel of the game.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#39 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted June 07 2014 - 11:38 PM

View PostFrenotx, on June 03 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

I personally strongly dislike the internal. I'm terribly at using it, and terrible at dealing with mechs equipped with it. For completely selfish reasons, I wish it weren't a thing. Really though, butthurt aside, I don't like what it's done to the game. The amount of time mechs spend in the air looks kinda goofy, and in my opinion, hurts the aesthetic / general feel of the game.

You must position yourself with "movement+dodge" to be able shooting at flying mechs sometimes, don't use your mouse to bring that mech back in your sightline, if you do, you are as good as dead.

And if you are using the air compressor, you can boost forward, jump to fly, do your alphastrike thing, move the camera to the left or right and make an air dodge back to the old position, you where before the jump, so the enemy think you are behind them, but back in front, now in the back of him, shooting again. Its a simple tactic and you have to eat some damage, but its effective and work with the most less unaware pilots, not used to A-Class.

So, that air Dodge thing is more a big problem about positioning yourself in a good way, so you can land your shots with ease.

The second big problem is aiming,  for example, i can now move realy good, but iam bad in aiming, so i loose a fight, if the enemy is as good as iam in movement and a little bit better in aiming and prediction mind work, where the enemy will be.

Sometime you will fight againts the same time over and over again, so you learn what they like, where are they coming from (Routine) and so on. You can deal better with them.But it takes realy much time and effort.

Iam not a good pilot out there, but thats my experience i get so far, maybe it helps you a little but.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, June 07 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#40 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted June 10 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on June 07 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio
OT: Ahh, after noticing your avatar I finally see the Fallout reference XD Maybe you see Fallout reference in my nick as well_ (Hint: sadly, many online services and games require longer nicks than three characters)
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users