HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Please make mech parts universal purchases

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostLuxAngel7, on May 02 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 01 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostGreenEggsAndSamZ, on May 01 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 01 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

And this is why I never spend real money on game items.

Why not_ My raider is so badass looking.

Because I could buy another game with that money.

Which is what I did.

Hello, Dark Souls 2! I saved you from becoming a bunch of paints!

I'm so sad I returned my Dark Souls 2 because of broken PC controls, huge deadzones on the analog sticks of my controller, and the whole "soul memory" fiasco that makes summoning just as impossible as vanilla Dark Souls 1. Last time Namco and From take money from me.
I wonder if you played a bootleg copy. PC controls are fine so long as you actually LOOK AT THEM.
The controller is your fault, or your PC's fault.
Soul levels makes it so you don't summon someone that's completely OP or too weak for your level/area, and you probably weren't doing it right.

Learn to play the game before you criticize it, mate.

#22 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 02 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm so sad I returned my Dark Souls 2 because of broken PC controls, huge deadzones on the analog sticks of my controller, and the whole "soul memory" fiasco that makes summoning just as impossible as vanilla Dark Souls 1. Last time Namco and From take money from me.

LOL you're kidding right_
Posted Image

#23 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on May 02 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

He's gotta be.

#24 LuxAngel7

LuxAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 02 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Which is what I did.

I wonder if you played a bootleg copy. PC controls are fine so long as you actually LOOK AT THEM.
Soul levels makes it so you don't summon someone that's completely OP or too weak for your level/area, and you probably weren't doing it right.

Dude. Just. Wow. So many assumptions and insulting insinuations in one short post....

No I didn't play a pirated copy. I bought two physical CE editions, one to enjoy and one to actually collect.
PC controls are most certainly NOT "fine" for a large portion of players. I'm not just talking about the ridiculously bad default button mapping, or the fact that the game won't recognize buttons on mice that aren't "left / right click".

I'm talking about the well documented issue of mouse input lag, where you click and it takes 1-2 seconds wait for your character to react, or the built in camera deadzone on the mouse.

And the deadzone issue on both analog sticks is something that I and other friends (not all of them) have enountered regardless of what controller we use. I have a PS3 controller w/motionjoy, a 360 pc controller, and a logitech, all with the same HUGE deadzones on both controllers.

It's really astounding how you can make a blanket fanboy statement as "it's your controller's fault. or your PC.". You might as well have included, "and if it's not your pc, then you must have eye cancer and can't see right".

The issues I am having with my controller(s) has been well documented both on the Namco and Steam forums:

http://steamcommunit...54259719740144/

http://forums.bandai...p_14-Dark-Souls

If you go to these forums you will see pages upon pages of people reporting game breaking issues, and not only with camera / avatar controls.

Soul level is supposed to do what you say, and reduce pvp griefing/coop exploiting that was rampant in DS1, however it has also resulted in people being penalized simply for farming a level a bit longer for a certain item as well as not being able to summon friends (AGAIN) or be invaded by players well above their skill/item level. (or not be invaded at all)

"Learn to play"_ Really_ Look here, I have sunk thousands of hours into the souls games thus far, and no that isn't an exaggeration. I have bought multiple CE copies of all souls games, USA and EU versions, and even contributed to the modding scene for Dark Souls 1. Hell, I even imported Demon's Souls from Japan because I couldn't wait for Namco and FROM to realize that people in America have this thing called "money" and they like these things called "games".

So please. Unless you want to illicit a less than savory response to your posts, think about the possibility that other people might be having troubles with their games even though you haven't, and the answer isn't "you just don't know how to play/have a bad pc/controller etc get gud noob".

Good grief. Honestly....

Sadly no. See above.

Edited by LuxAngel7, May 02 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#25 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:04 PM

If you've put thousands of hours into the Souls series, why do you even bother using the mouse_ You berate them for taking a console game and putting it on the computer - doing a fantastic job, BTW - but only buggering up on the mouse controls. You know what_ - It controls perfectly fine with the keyboard. A mouse wasn't intended to work with this game, and therefore doesn't. If you've put as much time into the Souls series as you said you have, why haven't you figured this out yet_

I said learn to play because you apparently don't know how to when complaining about issues that weren't adressed because the company didn't design the game specifically to work with everything.

And anyways, if you want to play it with a controller, why are you playing on the PC_

#26 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:10 PM

I'm all for a universal inventory system. You buy 1 drone, you put that drone on 1 mech. You can take that drone off that mech and put it on another mech.

Makes the most logical sense and is a compromise between "per-mech" and "unlock for all" options.

#27 LuxAngel7

LuxAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 02 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

If you've put thousands of hours into the Souls series, why do you even bother using the mouse_ You berate them for taking a console game and putting it on the computer - doing a fantastic job, BTW - but only buggering up on the mouse controls. You know what_ - It controls perfectly fine with the keyboard. A mouse wasn't intended to work with this game, and therefore doesn't. If you've put as much time into the Souls series as you said you have, why haven't you figured this out yet_

I said learn to play because you apparently don't know how to when complaining about issues that weren't adressed because the company didn't design the game specifically to work with everything.

And anyways, if you want to play it with a controller, why are you playing on the PC_

Wow way to misrepresent what I said. First of all, I didn't berate anyone. You need to reread the ENTIRE post I made.

They most certainly did not do a "fantastic" job of porting to PC (lol are you serious_) I have been one of their most loyal fans in the past, even looking past the horrible DS1 pc port, yet I am honest enough to say that calling DS2 port "fantastic" is just ridiculous.

Again you continue to bait and switch with what I wrote.

I do not play with mouse and keyboard. Yet you declare that I do, and that I should get a controller.

I do in fact play with a controller. Yet you then say "why do you play on PC"_

Your piss poor excuse for why you made the ultimate fanboy criticism of "learn to play" really won't fly, so please just stop with that. Much less does it have anything to do with the company designing the game to "work with everything".

What does that even mean___ By work with "everything" you mean it's too much to expect for a PC game not to have severe mouse input lag and camera deadzone_ Or is it too much to expect that then the only alternative, a controller, has extreme lag and deadzones with the analog sticks regardless of controller used_

You are the definition of a trollish fanboy. Instead of accepting that this game has issues for some people, as I have provided proof by linking you to the hundreds of (unanswered) forum threads made by the multitude of people having game breaking issues, you continue to try and put words in my mouth and shift the discussion to me somehow having impossible standards of FROM and Namco just because I want to be able to control my character successfully.

It's really quite sad and dishonest on your part to do so. And as to the "why do you play on PC":

I SHOULDN'T FU**ING NEED A REASON. It's my fu**ing choice ffs. They decided to release a product on PC, they took my money for it, it better damn well have the bare minimum of PC functionality as in I CAN CONTROL MY ******** CHARACTER FFS.

And that's not even touching the subject of how they're banning anyone and everyone that installs texture mods in DS2 after it was thanks to the modding community that DS1 on PC even survived and didn't ruin their PC reputation forever.

Seriously dude. You are so far out in left field on this it's crazy.

You: "I love my car!"

Me: "My car wont turn left or right :("

You: "Learn to drive noob! You have impossible standards! Why are you even driving a car on the road_!_ Stay in the garage!!!"

Edited by LuxAngel7, May 02 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#28 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostLuxAngel7, on May 02 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 02 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Which is what I did.

Dude. Just. Wow. So many assumptions and insulting insinuations in one short post....

No I didn't play a pirated copy. I bought two physical CE editions, one to enjoy and one to actually collect.
PC controls are most certainly NOT "fine" for a large portion of players. I'm not just talking about the ridiculously bad default button mapping, or the fact that the game won't recognize buttons on mice that aren't "left / right click".

I'm talking about the well documented issue of mouse input lag, where you click and it takes 1-2 seconds wait for your character to react, or the built in camera deadzone on the mouse.

And the deadzone issue on both analog sticks is something that I and other friends (not all of them) have enountered regardless of what controller we use. I have a PS3 controller w/motionjoy, a 360 pc controller, and a logitech, all with the same HUGE deadzones on both controllers.

It's really astounding how you can make a blanket fanboy statement as "it's your controller's fault. or your PC.". You might as well have included, "and if it's not your pc, then you must have eye cancer and can't see right".

The issues I am having with my controller(s) has been well documented both on the Namco and Steam forums:

http://steamcommunit...54259719740144/

http://forums.bandai...p_14-Dark-Souls

If you go to these forums you will see pages upon pages of people reporting game breaking issues, and not only with camera / avatar controls.

Soul level is supposed to do what you say, and reduce pvp griefing/coop exploiting that was rampant in DS1, however it has also resulted in people being penalized simply for farming a level a bit longer for a certain item as well as not being able to summon friends (AGAIN) or be invaded by players well above their skill/item level. (or not be invaded at all)

"Learn to play"_ Really_ Look here, I have sunk thousands of hours into the souls games thus far, and no that isn't an exaggeration. I have bought multiple CE copies of all souls games, USA and EU versions, and even contributed to the modding scene for Dark Souls 1. Hell, I even imported Demon's Souls from Japan because I couldn't wait for Namco and FROM to realize that people in America have this thing called "money" and they like these things called "games".

So please. Unless you want to illicit a less than savory response to your posts, think about the possibility that other people might be having troubles with their games even though you haven't, and the answer isn't "you just don't know how to play/have a bad pc/controller etc get gud noob".

Good grief. Honestly....

Sadly no. See above.

Isn`t this a HAWKEN forum_
Go away

#29 LuxAngel7

LuxAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 04:23 PM

lol yes, we got a bit off track...

back on topic sry

#30 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 10:12 PM

I love feeding angry people.

#31 LuxAngel7

LuxAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 02 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Ultimate troll when the person actuially admits to it.

So now that I completely destroyed your crazy fanboy troll arguments, you try and act superior like you were "just kidding" and I'm somehow some disgruntled angry mental patient_

yeah ok haha. whatever you say.

#32 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostLuxAngel7, on May 02 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostHadronVictorioso, on May 02 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Ultimate troll when the person actuially admits to it.

So now that I completely destroyed your crazy fanboy troll arguments, you try and act superior like you were "just kidding" and I'm somehow some disgruntled angry mental patient_

yeah ok haha. whatever you say.

<3
I lurv ya :D
No, not really :P

I honestly don't give a fuzzy bunny about your opinion at all, you're just some random fuzzy bunny on the 'net :)
Felt the need to clarify myself at least.

#33 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 04:24 PM

Pro-tip:

Private messaging is a thing. Don't derail topics for your own amusement.

The topic at hand is pretty important, we need some kind of way to share items. They cost way too much money for them to be mech specific.

For those against the idea because you already spent hundreds of dollars on them, well *BFD*, clearly you already have money to blow so you aren't missing it.

#34 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 04:54 PM

This is a terrible idea.. Because reasons.

But yeah, this is a bad idea.
  • This is a f2p game. Revenue is coming from these customizations. Thank god there is no p2w items and if they're introduced, I'll immediately quit. I'm talking things like MC only guns that cause more damage.
  • Since when can you so readily and easily swap car body parts between cars_ This is like saying you can take the entire front end of one car, put it on another and should be able to hot swap it between all the cars you own. That's just dumb.
  • Customized body parts on mechs makes them more unique to yourself. It makes that mech more unique to you. As it's YOUR mech. Many have mechs just like it, but this one is mine. You want your mechs to all be identical_ I would prefer mine to each have their own personality.
I'm all for universal paints. I'm for universal thrusters (maybe...) I'm for universal repair drones. But I'm not for universal mech body parts.

#35 ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:29 PM

First off, shout out to warframe.

View Postm3talc0re, on May 03 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

This is a terrible idea.. Because reasons.

But yeah, this is a bad idea.
  • This is a f2p game. Revenue is coming from these customizations. Thank god there is no p2w items and if they're introduced, I'll immediately quit. I'm talking things like MC only guns that cause more damage.

• Since when can you so readily and easily swap car body parts between cars_ This is like saying you can take the entire front end of one car, put it on another and should be able to hot swap it between all the cars you own. That's just dumb.

• Customized body parts on mechs makes them more unique to yourself. It makes that mech more unique to you. As it's YOUR mech. Many have mechs just like it, but this one is mine. You want your mechs to all be identical_ I would prefer mine to each have their own personality.
I'm all for universal paints. I'm for universal thrusters (maybe...) I'm for universal repair drones. But I'm not for universal mech body parts.

And to this:

1. Well, it may be possible that revenue might actually INCREASE if they make mech parts universal; After all, people may be reluctant to buy a mech part knowing it's for only one of their mechs; they might feel they won't get as much bang for their buck, as opposed to if they got a camo. However, if they already bought a camo, they would be reluctant to spend even more money on a mech part. If it's more universal, however, you're increasing the value of purchasing a mech part and thus making it more attractive for buyers, which leads to my hypothesis that universal mech parts may increase revenue.

Sure the price per customer would go down but the hope is that the increase in customers will more than make up for it, because lets be honest, even those who are buying these mech parts with the current system might only be buying it for one mech anyways, maybe even two at most, but past that you're looking at moderate amount of mula, which we aren't all willing to use.

2.They already discounted this earlier in the thread, and basically boils down to this: From a lore standpoint, they can just remove the mech part from one mech and put it on another (because you don't use both at the same time_)

3. Nobody's making you put that one mech part on ALL your mechs, they just want the option to be available to you. That way, if you want each of your mechs to look special in their own way, well then fine, slap the Nief Chassis on your berserker and not on your Reaper. But if you ever get a hankering to see what the Reaper looks like with the Nief but you don't want to put out the extra cash, then you'll see where we're coming from.

With that little bit of economics, I hope I'm ready for my final in three days :T

Edited by ROSING, May 03 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#36 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:44 PM

2 has not been discounted.

#37 ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 03 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

2 has not been discounted.

Aw man, then what about the time-honored argument that, as this is a video game, reality can fuzzy bunny outta here_

In all seriousness though, if #2 is the only reason left for it, then we should totally go through with this!

Posted Image

#38 seanbearpig

seanbearpig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 06:03 PM

I agree with this. Honestly, I believe hawken has a really good FTP formula......but mech parts not being universal (on a mech-type basis of course) is pretty horrible.

#39 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted May 04 2014 - 12:51 AM

View Postseanbearpig, on May 03 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

I agree with this. Honestly, I believe hawken has a really good FTP formula......but mech parts not being universal (on a mech-type basis of course) is pretty horrible.

No, I want my Incinerator to has a Boot chassis, gosh darn it!! D:<

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#40 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 01:47 AM

Who says that an Item on one mech can't fit on another_ They could be like fighter jets where you can fit various weaponry under the wings. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they don't design missiles to only fit on one model of jet.

They could make shared items payed only that way they can still make money off of it. You can earn HC and only buy items per-mech, but if you spend MC on them, they go into a shared inventory that you can swap them between mechs (but still not globally unlocked for all mechs)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users