HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Fixing the Brawler

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted November 02 2013 - 06:14 AM

I had this in another thread, but I thought it would be better having its own thread here instead.
This is a good example of how much is wrong with the Brawler...
Posted Image

Maxed Boost Thrusters on the Brawler is 23.04 m/s, still slower than the Grenadier.
Maxed Hydraulics is only 14.5 m/s.
Maxed Cooling Units is 5 s.
Maxed Suspensions is at 1.71 m/s.

Now if someone thinks, "oh, but it's pretty close or even a little better than the others when maxed", in those stats, without looking at anything else, sure, that can be true. But in reality, it's only fixing what's wrong with the base stats. When others max out an attribute, they're specializing in that role they want to play. When a Brawler does it, they're trying to fix its base attributes.

The Heatsinks needs dropped to 98%. Making it actually better in something other than just more armor, which is barely better than the others...
The Armor should be dropped to 1000, which is more in line with the others.
That Fuel Tank needs dropped to about 100 L.
The Boost Thrusters should be upped to maybe 21.5 m/s.
The Hydraulics should be at about 12 m/s or 12.5 m/s maybe.
The Cooling Units, come on, should be like 8 s.
The Suspensions should be more around 1.71 m/s as a base stat, rather than maxed..

Imo, these changes would do wonders for the Brawler. They shouldn't be OP or obsolete the Vanguard, either.

#2 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 02 2013 - 06:26 AM

I think the brawler should keep the health numbers and maybe put the base suspensions at around 1.80 m/s   The brawler should be able to keep up with other mechs when boosting forward. Otherwise they could just consider upping the health to 1500hp. Mobility is much more usefull than anything else though

because bow ties are cool

#3 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted November 02 2013 - 06:35 AM

Suspensions is for dodging. Boost thrusters is for boosting forward. 1000 hp armor is still above the others in armor, but not by so much. They're going +40 > +20 > +90 in progression of highest armor points. It's got all its points in armor and fuel and everything else suffers for it.

#4 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted November 02 2013 - 11:28 AM

Personally I'd like the brawler to remain tanky. I'd suggest drooping the size of the fuel tank to something like 80-90 and giving it a movement boost so it can get into battles but also heavily invest in dodge cooldown so the brawler can dance like Muhammed Ali.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#5 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted November 02 2013 - 12:34 PM

Personally I'd like the brawler to remain tanky. I'd suggest drooping the size of the fuel tank to something like 80-90
the question is, how to change the Brawler, and not turn Brawler into the Vanguard_

I have already said and will say again =)
2 points away from the fuel, and add 2 points to boost. This will change the brawler in the desired direction and save it "personality" (a lot of armor, a lot of fuel, but a slowest walk)
if it did, max boost speed will be = 25m/s (+/ -) is slower than the Vanguard but faster than the other mech.

+2m/s - this is the only thing that he really need :ph34r:

#6 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted November 02 2013 - 12:42 PM

don't fix what is still limping © adhesive

- lok'tar ogar -

#7 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted November 02 2013 - 12:55 PM

del
sorry, I mixed up the threads =)

Edited by nepacaka, November 02 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#8 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted November 03 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostdEd101, on November 02 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Personally I'd like the brawler to remain tanky. I'd suggest drooping the size of the fuel tank to something like 80-90 and giving it a movement boost so it can get into battles but also heavily invest in dodge cooldown so the brawler can dance like Muhammed Ali.

Dropping the fuel tank like that would cause much more harm than dropping the armor and would actually decrease its mobility in many situations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users