HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dark_Pikachu

Dark_Pikachu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 08:13 AM

I dont want to attach any logs etc because people reported it DOZENS times before.
WinXP SP3, GeForce GTX 560 with 2Mb, DX9, last drivers, mid graphic settings.
'Out of Video Memory' error and crash games after 2-3 battle!
In most cases it happens almost EVERY time on Last Eco map!
I hoped you are wirking on it but after every path it comes again and again!
Most upseting game I ever play before
Maybe you will start to fix it instead 'testing servers' or develop cosmetic fuzzy bunny__

P.S. Thank god I did not pay yet for and will not pay if it will not fix in near future.
P.P.S. Yes, it's 32-bit OS, but if you offer to support it, please do it. The same with 2Mb video memory.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 04 2014 - 08:18 AM

Did you already try the this workaround: https://community.pl...-memory-errors/ _

#3 Roth_Schatten

Roth_Schatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 10:45 AM

The game sure is a beauty and is fun to play, but it crashes way too often (PC meets recommended requirements), like, after every couple of battles and sometimes even when loading the first match. Mostly happens when the map is Last Eco (haven't been able to play it so far), but sometimes on other maps as well. The worst thing is that it happens not as CTD, but as freeze, which requires restarting the PC instead of just re-launching the game.

I don't remember who said that, but any development should include three stages in the following order:
1. Functionality.
2. Convenience of use.
3. Visual appearance.
Right now I see that stage one is not complete, but the development is already far into stages two and three. Not good.

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 26 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostRoth_Schatten, on May 20 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

The game sure is a beauty and is fun to play, but it crashes way too often (PC meets recommended requirements), like, after every couple of battles and sometimes even when loading the first match. Mostly happens when the map is Last Eco (haven't been able to play it so far), but sometimes on other maps as well. The worst thing is that it happens not as CTD, but as freeze, which requires restarting the PC instead of just re-launching the game.

Well, did you try to take a look at the Windows event viewer to check for any Hawken related error records_ Maybe the program "WhoCrashed" might also help you to find the cause of the problem. If you get the "out of video memory error" you should give this workaround a try: https://community.pl...-memory-errors/ _

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted May 26 2014 - 07:24 PM

You are running a 32bit OS. With that, there can only be a mximum of 3.5GB addressed out of the total amount of ram your system has, which includes video memory. If your video drivers are trying to address memory in an unaddressable space, you will crash.

As others have stated in this thread, you can try the workaround. However, the permanent solution is to get off of a 32bit OS.

Edited by OmegaNull, May 26 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#6 Roth_Schatten

Roth_Schatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 28 2014 - 12:32 AM

Tried both 3GB switch and windowed mode. The only thing that works for me is just closing the game when LAST ECO is loading. All other maps give me no specific trouble, though the game does crash every now and then. If the game cannot run properly under 32-bit OS, then maybe it's time to change listed system requirements_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users