HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

May Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 Not_Elvis

Not_Elvis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostFragmastah, on May 08 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

DRONES AND THRUSTERS WILL GET HIGHER PRICE AFTER PATCH_

That's how I read it.

#62 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 07:32 AM

Good thing I've got pretty much all drones and thrusters already.
Posted Image

#63 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 08 2014 - 08:04 AM

Thank you, devs! <3

#64 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted May 08 2014 - 09:29 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on May 07 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Special Notices
  • Thrusters and repair drones have been made global. If you buy one for a single mech, they are now unlocked on all mechs. This works retroactively with previously purchased thrusters and repair drones. Due to this change, the prices of thrusters and drones have been adjusted

Hey ZC,

I'm going to need a lot of clarification on this one. I have bought duplicate repair drones for almost all my mechs. Is this going to be refunded in the form of Meteor Credits now that these are global_

Thanks!

Skrill
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#65 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted May 08 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well can I get reimbursed for my drone purchases _ I got 18 of the RD H20 Drones thats 1 for each mech, 18 total...  and 5 cyclone boosters.

Who must i contact to fix this and get something back cause that is not cool. :(

And another thing Will us early adopters of the technician get this prestige weapon for free or cheep_

Yes I love the water blasting repair drone...

Edited by DreamedArtist, May 08 2014 - 09:45 AM.

Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#66 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:26 AM

Will I be able to switch my mech without self-destruction in exploration mode_
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#67 Abanomex

Abanomex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostDreamedArtist, on May 08 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well can I get reimbursed for my drone purchases _ I got 18 of the RD H20 Drones thats 1 for each mech, 18 total..

i've never understood how you could repair a mech with a gloryfied super soaker.

#68 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostAbanomex, on May 08 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostDreamedArtist, on May 08 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well can I get reimbursed for my drone purchases _ I got 18 of the RD H20 Drones thats 1 for each mech, 18 total..

i've never understood how you could repair a mech with a gloryfied super soaker.

My repair drone puts out the flames before I reach in to tighten the nuts and bolts myself. I'm not just sitting in that cockpit waiting, you know.
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#69 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 08 2014 - 12:21 PM

Awesome Update. Love the universal drones and thrusters. Can't wait until you guys drop the patch on us. However, you guys mentioned a Brawler ability rework in the last update. I'm just wondering when we'll know more about that.

View Postnokari, on May 07 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

If I'm correct in the assumption that they mean a shot is 3 bursts with a 0.5 sec rate of fire.

7 x 3 = 21 @ 0.5/sec x 2 = 42 dps
14 x 3 = 42 @ 0.5/sec x 2 = 84 dps

The weapon does 42-84 dps

ZC, can you clarify_

Also, I hope you're right about this, Nokari. The weapon should at least be on par with the viability of the RPR. RPR will obviously have the better DPS, but hopefully this new gun will offer a bit more as far as burst damage.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, May 08 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#70 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:19 PM

Do we have an ETA_

#71 Mykinius

Mykinius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on May 08 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Awesome Update. Love the universal drones and thrusters. Can't wait until you guys drop the patch on us. However, you guys mentioned a Brawler ability rework in the last update. I'm just wondering when we'll know more about that.

View Postnokari, on May 07 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

If I'm correct in the assumption that they mean a shot is 3 bursts with a 0.5 sec rate of fire.

7 x 3 = 21 @ 0.5/sec x 2 = 42 dps
14 x 3 = 42 @ 0.5/sec x 2 = 84 dps

The weapon does 42-84 dps

ZC, can you clarify_

Also, I hope you're right about this, Nokari. The weapon should at least be on par with the viability of the RPR. RPR will obviously have the better DPS, but hopefully this new gun will offer a bit more as far as burst damage.
It's also worth noting that the RPR overheats really fast, meaning that this weapon would be a nice alternative assuming similar DPS but lower heat.

#72 cond0m

cond0m

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

#420blazeit

#73 smackemback

smackemback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:42 PM

Some nice updates in the May Patch but ...........New Maps would´ve been a nice addition ;)
Better To Reign In Hell, Than To serve In Heaven !

#74 Lodrak

Lodrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:47 PM

I find it hard to believe that the Raider G2 is being nerfed... really_  I haven't been hearing anyone complaining about it being too strong, only the opposite.  25 second cooldown is going to be really rough, that ability is practically necessary for the mech to make ANY sort of play other than sitting in one place peeking around a corner.  The mech is far too slow normally and the weapons have extremely short range.  No one that knows how the mech works is going to engage you without an advantage of some sort within your effective range, so the ability is required to force engagements/push into enemy territory.  Making the cooldown so long is going to make playing the mech much more boring, a more passive experience.  I'd much prefer the ability with a 10 second cooldown, though I think it should have a fixed duration and not consume fuel.

I really think it needs a boost in a couple of other areas.

First, it is not only the SLOWEST mech in the game (outside of its ability of course), but it's also the most fragile C Class.  Why is this_  Surely it's not because it's a very versatile mech able to handle a large variety of combat situations.  I feel like it should be able to move at at least Vanguard speed since it has even less armor, this would help it out a lot.  If not that, then boost its HP towards Brawler level, though it would feel a bit less unique then.

Second, I think the Corsair XT is a little too weak.  3.75s reload time is extremely long, and the damage doesn't justify it.  I'm not saying it should be the same as the new Corsair, but if the reload was reduced to 3.5s and the KLA (grenade) damage was raised by 8 damage or so to 140, it would feel like a more worthwhile weapon to me.  Really, if you compare the 2.25s reload, 125 dmg, fast/straight traveling, remote detonate TOW rocket to the 3.75s reload, 132 dmg, slow/arced KLA grenade... it's just sad.  Why does the Corsair-KLA XT have 63% of the DPS of the TOW Rocket when it's also worse in every other way other than 7 more damage per shot and a slightly (2 meter) bigger blast radius_  I don't see how that's balanced.  The MIRV doesn't feel as gimped since the very high damage gives it a niche, but it's still very short range and very difficult to 'fully' land due to the spread, so a small reload time reduction doesn't seem out of the question.

Sorry if this post sounded like me complaining that things aren't the exact way I want them, I'm aware my opinion isn't very important, I just wanted to get it out there and see what other people think.  I really like the Raider G2 and I want to feel like I can use it in something other than Deathmatch without handicapping myself and my team.  Every time a game gets rough I feel like I have to switch to Raider or Incinerator, anything more useful.  I don't understand why it's so statistically inferior to the other mechs while also being EXTREMELY limited in tactical applications.  Maybe the devs are just afraid of it dominating Deathmatch at lower skill ratings, blowing up the poor clueless new A class pilots in one burst with Det/HE charge.  If so, that's sad, because it's making it inadequate in the team modes that actually make this game special in my eyes.

Oh also.  Global drones and thrusters are great, that's what it took to convince me to finally buy some MC!  I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way, would like to see more people with unique mechs.

#75 arthoud

arthoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 06:19 PM

Planerunner, on May 07 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

NEW Technician Presige Weapon
  • Name: PN-223
  • Function: A close to medium range weapon that fires in 3 round bursts.
  • Weapon Statistics:
    • Damage: 14
    • Minimum Damage: 7
    • Heat per Shot: 1.25
    • Rate of Fire: 0.5 sec

WAITAFREAKINMINUTE!

Did I just read that right_ Damage of . . .

14_!_!

So that's 14 dps_ Is that right_ PLEASE tell me I missed something, because the RPR is 99 dps, the Redox is 78 dps, and the Helix vamp beam is 20 dps.

WHY WOULD I EQUIP A WEAPON *WORSE* THAN THE HELIX VAMP BEAM_

Someone please tell me there's a 0 missing of the end.

Posted Image

just wait and see. act when the time comes.

#76 arthoud

arthoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 06:22 PM

Lodrak, on May 08 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

I find it hard to believe that the Raider G2 is being nerfed... really_  I haven't been hearing anyone complaining about it being too strong, only the opposite.  25 second cooldown is going to be really rough, that ability is practically necessary for the mech to make ANY sort of play other than sitting in one place peeking around a corner.  The mech is far too slow normally and the weapons have extremely short range.  No one that knows how the mech works is going to engage you without an advantage of some sort within your effective range, so the ability is required to force engagements/push into enemy territory.  Making the cooldown so long is going to make playing the mech much more boring, a more passive experience.  I'd much prefer the ability with a 10 second cooldown, though I think it should have a fixed duration and not consume fuel.

I really think it needs a boost in a couple of other areas.

First, it is not only the SLOWEST mech in the game (outside of its ability of course), but it's also the most fragile C Class.  Why is this_  Surely it's not because it's a very versatile mech able to handle a large variety of combat situations.  I feel like it should be able to move at at least Vanguard speed since it has even less armor, this would help it out a lot.  If not that, then boost its HP towards Brawler level, though it would feel a bit less unique then.

Second, I think the Corsair XT is a little too weak.  3.75s reload time is extremely long, and the damage doesn't justify it.  I'm not saying it should be the same as the new Corsair, but if the reload was reduced to 3.5s and the KLA (grenade) damage was raised by 8 damage or so to 140, it would feel like a more worthwhile weapon to me.  Really, if you compare the 2.25s reload, 125 dmg, fast/straight traveling, remote detonate TOW rocket to the 3.75s reload, 132 dmg, slow/arced KLA grenade... it's just sad.  Why does the Corsair-KLA XT have 63% of the DPS of the TOW Rocket when it's also worse in every other way other than 7 more damage per shot and a slightly (2 meter) bigger blast radius_  I don't see how that's balanced.  The MIRV doesn't feel as gimped since the very high damage gives it a niche, but it's still very short range and very difficult to 'fully' land due to the spread, so a small reload time reduction doesn't seem out of the question.

Sorry if this post sounded like me complaining that things aren't the exact way I want them, I'm aware my opinion isn't very important, I just wanted to get it out there and see what other people think.  I really like the Raider G2 and I want to feel like I can use it in something other than Deathmatch without handicapping myself and my team.  Every time a game gets rough I feel like I have to switch to Raider or Incinerator, anything more useful.  I don't understand why it's so statistically inferior to the other mechs while also being EXTREMELY limited in tactical applications.  Maybe the devs are just afraid of it dominating Deathmatch at lower skill ratings, blowing up the poor clueless new A class pilots in one burst with Det/HE charge.  If so, that's sad, because it's making it inadequate in the team modes that actually make this game special in my eyes.

Oh also.  Global drones and thrusters are great, that's what it took to convince me to finally buy some MC!  I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way, would like to see more people with unique mechs.

good points

#77 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 06:33 PM

I have been wanting thrusters and repair drones to go global SO BADLY!  Hawken is now doing exactly what I wanted... giving me a reason to spend my MC.  Making purchases global and just releasing a lot of stuff is way more compelling.  I don't know about the rest of you but I am crazy stoked for the May update now!  =D

The only cosmetics that aren't global now are the custom mech parts, right_  *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

Edited by Dinre, May 08 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

#78 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 08 2014 - 07:46 PM

• 24 player Mayhem Servers are available again in some regions.

Posted Image
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#79 mordies

mordies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:13 PM

24 player Mayhem Servers are available again in some regions.

ohh, 12 man team_ or 24 free for all_ LOL... either way this sounds fun.

#80 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:55 PM

FIGHT CLUB MODE :(

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users