HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Cockpit Podcast | Back on, baby!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted May 14 2014 - 08:57 AM

Posted Image

| Stream page | Facebook Page | Twitter |

Wednesdays at 7 PM PST / 10 PM EST / 2 AM GMT

This week: May 28th

This week! We're finally back from our long hiatus! This week, we have a special guest who you may know as Ashfire908. We're going to be asking the obvious questions about scrimbot and the leaderboard, of course, but if you have your own more specific questions, bring'em on in!

Also! We'll be giving away some Hawken Credits this show to a lucky viewer, so make sure you watch and are following the stream! If you're not following the show, you aren't eligible to win!

If you haven't already, go join the official Hawken Steam group, and also write a review for Hawken, and upvote the ones you like! Gotta get the word out about Hawken and get as many new players as we can!

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#2 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostSaturnine, on May 14 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

This week: May 7th

You should probably fix your mistake unless you have a time machine for me to borrow. Oh and G2 Raider feels even more broken for me I would love to hear Vana's logic behind the changes and how we're going to move on from here.

Edited by jrkong, May 14 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#3 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:12 AM

Do you feel that the current competitive scene (TPG, scrims etc.) is meeting the needs of the community_ What changes, if any, would you like to see_ Do you feel that Adhesive needs to be directly involved in this or just provide the tools_

(I guess that's more of a topic to discuss than a question so take it how you will :P)

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#4 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:12 AM

Psh, that never happened

Fixed.

Posted Image

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#5 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:00 AM

*Please don't mistake this as the usual "Will you make HC prices cheaper_" question*

Many players mentioned that the grind is too hard (especially for new players). The prices were originally made more expensive since the need to buy mech ranks and mech rank upgrades were removed. Without this additional ingame content there were less things to spend your HC on. That meant that you could buy mechs, weapons, items and internals way faster if the prices stayed the same.

Now in my opinion the core problem is that there are not enough things to spend your HC on so those "few things" were made harder to obtain (= more expensice) to give the player a goal to "work" for (and an incentive to use MC as a shortcut). That's totally understandable imo. Related questions:
  • Will there be more different kinds of ingame content (I'm not talking about new mechs, new weapons, new items, etc.) for players to spend their HC on in the future_
    • For example (not limited to!): "new ways to customize something on your mech like different weapon skins"
  • Would the addition of this "new kind of ingame content" affect overall HC prices_

PS (not really relevant for the cockpit cast):  
I can understand what players mean if they say "Hawken doesn't have much to offer", They earn a few mechs, buy a specific set of items and internals for each mech and unless they are willing to spend MC they are done with the game. Experimenting with different weapon, item and internal loadouts can be punishing since it takes a while to get the HC for it and players feel like "they are stuck with what they've bought for a long while". If prices were lower they might be willing to experiment more and have more fun with the game. I can also understand that the devs can't simply lower all prices since then the incentive to use MC might be vanish.

#6 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:27 AM

Vana, please re-introduce the weapon spread in the air.

#7 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostReEvolve, on May 14 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

*Please don't mistake this as the usual "Will you make HC prices cheaper_" question*

Many players mentioned that the grind is too hard (especially for new players). The prices were originally made more expensive since the need to buy mech ranks and mech rank upgrades were removed. Without this additional ingame content there were less things to spend your HC on. That meant that you could buy mechs, weapons, items and internals way faster if the prices stayed the same.

Now in my opinion the core problem is that there are not enough things to spend your HC on so those "few things" were made harder to obtain (= more expensice) to give the player a goal to "work" for (and an incentive to use MC as a shortcut). That's totally understandable imo. Related questions:
  • Will there be more different kinds of ingame content (aside from new mechs, new weapons, new items, etc.) for players to spend their HC on in the future_
    • For example (not limited to!): "new ways to customize something on your mech like different weapon skins"
  • Would the addition of this "new kind of ingame content" affect overall HC prices_

I can understand what players mean if they say "Hawken doesn't have much to offer", They earn a few mechs, buy a specific set of items and internals for each mech and unless they are willing to spend MC they are done with the game. Experimenting with different weapon, item and internal loadouts can be punishing since it takes a while to get the HC for it and players feel like "they are stuck with what they've bought for a long while". If prices were lower they might be willing to experiment more and have more fun with the game. I can also understand that the devs can't simply lower all prices since then the incentive to use MC might be vanish.

New content as in new internals, items and suck, or new content as in completely different things to by with HC such as a few limit cosmetics and such_

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on May 14 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostReEvolve, on May 14 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

• Will there be more different kinds of ingame content (aside from new mechs, new weapons, new items, etc.) for players to spend their HC on in the future_

New content as in new internals, items and suck, or new content as in completely different things to by with HC such as a few limit cosmetics and such_

New content as in "completely different things to buy with HC".

#9 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted May 14 2014 - 12:12 PM

Are there any plans for more movement enhancing internals_  Down dodge, forward air boost, things like that_  Back-boost excluded for reasons.

What was the rationale behind the greatly increased cooldown for the g2_  While it certainly moves enough per usage now, the ability was something that could be popped 2 or even 3 times in a tense engagement.  I can swing the current version, but I'm interested, since to me the redeeming aspect of the abil was how often you could use it, even and especially in a 1v1.

Edited by comic_sans, May 14 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#10 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 14 2014 - 02:01 PM

Moar internals. When are they coming

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#11 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:12 PM

Due to some scheduling issues, as well as a few other problems, the show will likely be put off this week. More news to come, if we have it.

Posted Image

#12 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:19 PM

I'm disappointed in all of you, especially Saturnine.

Posted Image

#13 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:23 PM

#blameS9

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#14 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:39 PM

Can the Gren get a special animation for its ability like the Incinerator and the Raider G2, yes plz_

So vana..... about those co-op bot battle drones as items_

You know what would be cool_ Cockpit Pets!
PIT-PETS!! i would so pay to have Keji's cat riding with me on my dash. :lol:

Why does S9 have to ruin everything_

Edited by ShadowWarg, May 14 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#15 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on May 14 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

Baxter only rides with one pilot and it ain't you buddy.

Posted Image

#16 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on May 14 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

PLOT TWIST ITS ME!

Posted Image

#17 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on May 14 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

PLOT TWIST ITS ME!

Turns out that its actually keji's cat playing Hawken and he is just riding the success.

Or maybe the cat gives keji some sort of special powers.... GASP! THAT'S WHY HE IS KEEPING THE HAWKEN CAT TO HIMSELF!

(Keji's cat is the mascot of Hawken)

Edited by ShadowWarg, May 14 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#18 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:01 PM

PLOT TWIST ITS ME!

It's only so he can feed me the strats you're using.

Posted Image

#19 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on May 14 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

PLOT TWIST ITS ME!

LIES BAXTER WOULD NEVER BETRAY ME!

Posted Image

#20 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on May 14 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on May 14 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

PLOT TWIST ITS ME!

LIES BAXTER WOULD NEVER BETRAY ME!

But he would! He owes me a life debt and now acts as my minion! Muhahahaha! All your secrets are mine!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users