HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

PC off crash.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted July 01 2014 - 11:25 AM

Upgrading my card might work, but I just wanted to tell you that the game used to run pretty well for a few days. I could play some 3 matches continuously. But I can't even play a single match properly now. I played then and still play with my onboard graphics. This leaves me wondering whether the issue is my onboard graphics or my internet connection (50-100 Kbps).I am considering an EVGA 9800 GeForce GTX though. ;) :P
Posted Image

#22 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted July 01 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hey buddy, even though I am considering an EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX, I wanted to tell you that the game ran pretty fine a couple of months back. I could play some 4 matches in a single sitting while I can't complete even 1 match now. This makes me wonder whether it is an issue of my onboard graphics or my 50-100 Kbps internet connection. Thanks for all your help though. Its becoming quite sometime since I played this game now. Thanks for everything. ;) :P :D :lol: ^_^ B) :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#23 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted July 01 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostCapAllan, on July 01 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Upgrading my card might work, but I just wanted to tell you that the game used to run pretty well for a few days. I could play some 3 matches continuously. But I can't even play a single match properly now. I played then and still play with my onboard graphics. This leaves me wondering whether the issue is my onboard graphics or my internet connection (50-100 Kbps).

Of course I can't guarantee that your slow internet connection doesn't impact your game in some way. I just know that your current integrated graphics card doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements. That's a fact. The game won't be stable if you run it on unsupported hardware.

View PostCapAllan, on July 01 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

I am considering an EVGA 9800 GeForce GTX though. ;) :P

Well, that's the bottom limit. You might want something more powerful but that's up to you of course.

#24 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 01 2014 - 04:28 PM

EVGA GTX 750 1gb edition: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=gtx 750 - $110
MSI GTX 750 1gb, OC edition: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=gtx 750 - $120
Gigabyte GTX 750 1gb, OC edition: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=gtx 750 - $120

It requires no extra power from the power supply, meaning you don't need a stronger power supply, it'll run off the motherboard's power sufficiently enough, provided you have the PCI express slot for it.  It's a fairly new graphics card too, came out within the last 6-8 months.

It's around $110-120 USD, so it's towards the upper range of your budget, but without the need of any extra power from the power supply, you can't go wrong with this budget card. Definitely better than the 9800 Geforce GTX, has more memory, faster clock speeds, newer card, better architecture in the card. Might be better to opt for the $120 cards over the $110 card as the $120 cards have a factory overclock, might be able to squeeze a bit more extra performance out of those cards for $10 more. Completely up to you of course.

It'll definitely run Hawken alright at medium-low settings very stable, you could play around with the settings manually and maybe play at higher settings at the cost of lower framerate.

Edited by Silverfire, July 01 2014 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#25 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted July 03 2014 - 12:18 AM

There is a way to run Hawken in "Ultra-low-my-pc-is-utter-garbage-mode", which I am using myself as my pc is utter garbage.
But it might be a serious offense to your eyes and cause serious physical and mental problems if you are exposed to it for extended length of time.

Edit:
Nepacaka's "Plasticine HAWKEN".
https://community.pl...ken#entry416126

Be sure to make a backup of the config files before hampering with them.
And if you can afford a new graphics card it probably is better to get one than do the above steps if you can't live with everything looking like it's made of modelling clay.

Edited by Sorroritas, July 03 2014 - 12:25 AM.

I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

#26 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 01:50 AM

Thank You Silverfire, Sorroritas and ReEvolve for your support. Although I can;t see how I will play HAWKEN in a plasticine environment, I'll try it till I get a new card. @Silverfire Does the offer for free in game currency for the cards you suggested stand for HAWKEN_ Do tell me. Link : http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B00IDG3NDY While buying a card what is more important_ Clock speed, memory etc_ Help! Thanks for your help guys. See ya on the battlefield soon! (Its been a while since I played actually :huh: :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :( ). Cheers :D :P

Edited by CapAllan, July 03 2014 - 01:54 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users