HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Worked fine yesterday, today it's incredibly laggy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeanshanchik

jeanshanchik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted May 22 2014 - 08:08 AM

I open up the login screen, and it's so incredibly laggy it's unbearable. There is like a one second delay in moving the cursor.

When I'm launching it, this little window pops up that says "Hawken 32bit DivX9" and has nothing in it. I think it may have had something to do with some programs I installed, and I ended up uninstalling them to see if that was the problem.. and then I even tried a system restore, but THAT didn't work, apparently because of my anti-virus (which i uninstalled to see if it would make a difference, which it did not) was blocking some files from being changed.

Anywho.. I just don't really know where to start. Any advice_

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 22 2014 - 08:23 AM

What are your specs_ You can get more detailed information about hardware by using programs like "Speccy" that give you a detailed summary of your system components.

Did you already check if there is an error record in Window's event viewer. If so please post the excact wording of the error title and error description in this thread.

#3 jeanshanchik

jeanshanchik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted May 22 2014 - 08:37 AM

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU
AMD A10-4600M 122 °C
Trinity 32nm Technology

RAM
7.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-12-28)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. N56DP (P0) 73 °C

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@64Hz)
ATI Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (ASUStek Computer Inc)
ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
CrossFire Disabled

Storage
931GB ST1000LM024 HN-M SATA Disk Device (SATA) 37 °C

Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH SATA CdRom Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

An error did come up, and it said ATIeRecord: "ATI EEU Client has failed to start"

#4 jeanshanchik

jeanshanchik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted May 22 2014 - 08:41 AM

I also found this after some digging:

Application Hang:

"The program HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe version 1.5.0.9792 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1c38
Start Time: 01cf75cbee68d6ff
Termination Time: 3
Application Path: C:SteamsteamappscommonHawkenBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe
Report Id: 37cc44c2-e1bf-11e3-becf-dc85de904ec0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

I also tried running another game, and I got this error: "Failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" if that helps.

One more update: I tried running Skyrim-- same problem as Hawken, completely lagged. Then it said "Failed to initialize renderer. Unknown error creating the renderer".

Edited by jeanshanchik, May 22 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#5 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 22 2014 - 10:07 AM

I would make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.  Also, have you installed any games since installing either Hawken or Skyrim_  If you did, it may have installed a different version of DirectX.  That can sometimes cause problems.  Only cure I can think of for that would be to uninstall the game, and re-install it.

#6 jeanshanchik

jeanshanchik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted May 22 2014 - 10:20 AM

View Postrenynzea, on May 22 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

I would make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.  Also, have you installed any games since installing either Hawken or Skyrim_  If you did, it may have installed a different version of DirectX.  That can sometimes cause problems.  Only cure I can think of for that would be to uninstall the game, and re-install it.

#7 jeanshanchik

jeanshanchik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted May 22 2014 - 10:25 AM

Yeah,  I updated my graphics  card last week. But I  did try  installing a game  this  morning that gave me errors, and it asked me to install Direct X. I installed  it thinking it would solve the problem for the other game.  instead it just  messed up everything  else. I  uninstalled everything that I installed,  and no games are working  for me.

should I uninstall every game  and reinstall_  that just sounds like a pain.

#8 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 22 2014 - 02:01 PM

Well, you can try to install DirectX directly.  See the following site:

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx_id=35

Failing that, uninstall one game you know was working before you installed the new game and then re-install it (the game you know was working).  You should not need to re-install all your games.  Just one with a working version of DirectX.  That will update DirectX for everything else.  Personally, I would uninstall and re-install Hawken, as it is likely to have the smallest download of any modern game requiring DirectX.

Edited by renynzea, May 22 2014 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users