HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Did I get into beta_

Beta

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NEET

NEET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:45 AM

I got an email saying I've been granted access to Closed Beta 1 and I can download the client from the link but when I try to, website says accessible only to users who have applied a valid beta code to their accounts. So do I still need a beta code even though I've been granted access to the Closed beta_ And where can I get a code_

#2 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:57 AM

I show you have beta access so you don't need another code. You should be able to download the beta client. Would you please send in a support ticket and include your operating system and browser information, along with the error message you are receiving.
Also let us know where you are in the process of logging in and attempting download when you get the error.

Thanks!

#3 Pieforpi314

Pieforpi314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:15 AM

I am getting the same problem. What should I do_

#4 Pieforpi314

Pieforpi314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:15 AM

How do you send in a support ticket also_

#5 Asmodyus

Asmodyus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:31 AM

Same Issue Here

#6 Chesyrcat

Chesyrcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:39 AM

Having the same problem... And I did play in the Alpha 2 as well as the time all the Devs were on... Something is not making sense here.

Edit: nevermind, looks like the solution is to close the website out after you logged in the first time and then reopen and hit the enter beta button. worked for me and am downloading it...

Edited by Chesyrcat, October 25 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#7 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:39 AM

To send in a support ticket click SUPPORT up there at the very top of the window.

Please remember to include details including operating system and browser information, along with the error message you are receiving. Also let us know where you are in the process of logging in and attempting download when you get the error.

Part of chasing a bug like this is looking for patterns so your information is extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance. We'll get you sorted out.

#8 NEET

NEET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:57 AM

For some some reason it's working now. D/L the client now.

#9 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 12:07 PM

"For some reason its working now"...

It was my magic battlewand! No, we have been working on this one, and hope to have it resolved.

#10 Joreel

Joreel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm having the same issue... I got an email that says I'm in, but the link from the email takes me to the site and tells me this:

"Closed Beta Code Not Found!
The HAWKEN Closed Beta events are accessible only to users who have applied a valid beta code to their accounts. If you have a HAWKEN Closed Beta code, you can activate it by signing into your account and then clicking the "Redeem Code" link at the top right.
Otherwise, we'll see you when the Open Beta begins on 12.12.12: December 12, 2012. Please be sure to visit the official forums to stay up-to-date on all things HAWKEN!"

When I click on Support button above it says "could not proform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."

I'm using Win7 Home Pro
IE9

edit:

Whan I use Chrome version 22.0.1229.94 m it likes me and lets me dl the client.

Edited by Joreel, October 25 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#11 WhiteArrow

WhiteArrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 02:33 PM

Same issue here. Not only does the site not let me into the Beta even with Alpha 2 access, but I never even got the Beta email in the first place, and I only found out about the event today! Chesyrcat's suggestion didn't work. I tried just clicking, signing out and logging in and then clicking, and then closing the tab, reopening it, and then clicking. No dice.

Operating system is Win7 Pro x64, browser is IE9. I've already submitted a support ticket.

#12 Sarcinelli

Sarcinelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostJoreel, on October 25 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I'm having the same issue... I got an email that says I'm in, but the link from the email takes me to the site and tells me this:

"Closed Beta Code Not Found!
The HAWKEN Closed Beta events are accessible only to users who have applied a valid beta code to their accounts. If you have a HAWKEN Closed Beta code, you can activate it by signing into your account and then clicking the "Redeem Code" link at the top right.
Otherwise, we'll see you when the Open Beta begins on 12.12.12: December 12, 2012. Please be sure to visit the official forums to stay up-to-date on all things HAWKEN!"

When I click on Support button above it says "could not proform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."

I'm using Win7 Home Pro
IE9

edit:

Whan I use Chrome version 22.0.1229.94 m it likes me and lets me dl the client.

Same here, the problem seems to be IE9!

#13 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:09 PM

Some players using IE9 or Firefox have reported that they are seeing a "Closed Beta Code Not Found" even when they are signed in and have been invited to the closed beta.  The issue appears to be resolved by using Chrome to download the client.  Other users have reported that the issue simply self-resolved.

The issue has been escalated internally and ae working on a fix..

#14 RexSplode

RexSplode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:26 PM

Download DOES work on Safari, as well. Wouldn't show up on IE 9 for me.

#15 ComradeLucifer

ComradeLucifer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:41 PM

hmmm, exact same issue here.  Looks like I need to get chrome.  Just wanted to let you guys know

#16 Toddahmabob

Toddahmabob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 04:38 PM

I remember doing the reserve your call sign but i didn't in the alpha or a code for the closed beta, if you need  any more information send me an email. please help :)

#17 East

East

Self-Motivator

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:13 PM

The issue with IE9 redirecting to a "Closed Beta Code Not Found" page for some players has been resolved.  If ran into this problem earlier and still have not downloaded the client, you should no longer have an issue.   If you do, please let us know.

Thanks everyone, we'll see you in the beta.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users