HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

error: 51C58D8A _

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saladin6355

saladin6355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:22 PM

So i recently heard about hawken from my friend who plays. I made an account, but when i try to login i get an error message...

I've checked my firewall setting, re installed the game, reset my password, and it still doesn't work. Im using my email, not the display name, I  heard many people mess up on that. I've checked several other forums, but i cant find a solution. I've sent a request but i haven't yet gotten a response.

Any help is appreciated...

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:38 PM

51C58D8A is a generic connection error code. There should be an error message below that code that specifies the problem. Can you please post the exact wording of the error message in this thread_

BTW: You did try login with your email address and password, NOT with you username and password, right_

#3 saladin6355

saladin6355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostReEvolve, on June 11 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

51C58D8A is a generic connection error code. There should be an error message below that code that specifies the problem. Can you please post the exact wording of the error message in this thread_

BTW: You did try login with your email address and password, NOT with you username and password, right_

under the message it says:
"Online service unavailable"
"all up and running"

and yes i made sure to use my email when logging

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 11 2014 - 05:05 PM

Try the possible solutions listed support article: https://playhawken.z...able-to-Connect

If the steps don't solve your problem try to narrow down the possible cause by perfoming the steps in the lower half of the support article.

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:13 PM

if you're running AMD gpu, ensure your STEAM client is up, and when you proceed to the Hawken install you enable the 3rd party DirectX11 script when you get the prompt. It's the big green eyeball-looking thing.
just incase...  :P
O

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 saladin6355

saladin6355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostReEvolve, on June 11 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Try the possible solutions listed support article: https://playhawken.z...able-to-Connect

If the steps don't solve your problem try to narrow down the possible cause by perfoming the steps in the lower half of the support article.

I'm not smart when it comes to computers, so i'll need help.

Lets rule out #1 and #6, because i was able to log in here.
I'm using a personal network so #4 should be fine.

I've checked the ports listed in #3 but i'm unsure about it.
I found the file "HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe" listed in #5 but i don't what to do with it.
I'm not sure how to deal with or check proxy's. #2

#7 saladin6355

saladin6355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostEM1O, on June 11 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

if you're running AMD gpu, ensure your STEAM client is up, and when you proceed to the Hawken install you enable the 3rd party DirectX11 script when you get the prompt. It's the big green eyeball-looking thing.
O
I don't quite understand... 0_o  

I'm not sure what AMD gpu is, but i already have hawken installed.
I don't know which script you're referring to either. I know nothing about
computers, well nothing useful.

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 12 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postsaladin6355, on June 11 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostEM1O, on June 11 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

O
I don't quite understand... 0_o  

I'm not sure what AMD gpu is, but i already have hawken installed.
I don't know which script you're referring to either. I know nothing about
computers, well nothing useful.

He is confusing the UE3Redist package with a DX11 setup. The UE3Redist package is being started when you install Hawken for the first time and it installs/updates some necessary libaries for the game on your PC. However, for your connection problem the UE3Redist package isn't relevant.

View Postsaladin6355, on June 11 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

I've checked the ports listed in #3 but i'm unsure about it.

Well, the correct way to set up your ports depend on your router. Take a look at your router's manual or search online for some tutorials for your router model.

I found the file "HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe" listed in #5 but i don't what to do with it.

In most cases you can add an "exception" for a specific program in your firewall or anit-virus-program. Which anti-virus program do you use_

I'm not sure how to deal with or check proxy's. #2

Take a look at this support article: https://playhawken.z...-Proxy-settings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users