HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

ITS OVER HAWKEN IS FINISHED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#21 F15H3R

F15H3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on October 25 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

as long as it doesnt take absolutely aeons to unlock things without boosters as it does in tribes: A, itll be fine

This will be the deciding factor, for sure.  It's cute to say, "I get what you have, because I spent money where as you spent time."

And then find out that my 10 dollars gets what you spent a week or more getting.  Thats not comparable on a "fair across the board" stand point, imo.

Time will tell.
Posted Image
ASUS G73 Laptop on to a 36" HDTV | Intel i7 Q720 Quad-Core CPU | ATI Mobility HD5870 GPU | 8GB RAM

#22 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postmydoom, on October 25 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

paying for cosmetics im okay with, keep making cool ones and i will buy them, like i kept buying dyes in gw2, but renting weapons just makes this look like one of those POS asian f2p games
Being able to try out specific mechs before buying them is something you are complaining about_ I'm interested in hearing the counter argument to being able to try out specific pieces of equipment before buying it.  I'll go heat up some popcorn, something tells me this is gonna be a good one.
Posted Image

#23 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostCharlieCroker, on October 25 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

shhh Scapes, think of the fun we could have with people who think it's real! Pass the popcorn Bateman

Y'all be trollin' in mah forumz.

View PostPatrick Bateman, on October 25 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

hey scrapes whats the deal with the alpha 2 and dev killing event rewards_ were they both going to be unique cosmetic mech bodies_

TBD! Unique cosmetics is the goal.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#24 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:07 PM

i was being sarchastic stupid, i wouldnt care if it was pay2win ... lol

Posted Image

#25 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostScapes, on October 25 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostPatrick Bateman, on October 25 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

hey scrapes whats the deal with the alpha 2 and dev killing event rewards_ were they both going to be unique cosmetic mech bodies_

TBD! Unique cosmetics is the goal.
If TV Mech is somehow not part of the final game, pleasepleaseplease have TV Mech be one of the rewards. See also BSOD death animation.

But if TV Mech is here to stay, I'll sit and wait for the announcement to drop. :D
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#26 CharlieCroker

CharlieCroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:14 PM

I ain't trollan... maybe a little. But anyway, I fail to see how a little joke about something that is rather controversial is a bad thing. I like a *little* flavour so long as it doesn't spill into a huge flamewar. Can anyone point me in the direction of some beta notes_

Posted Image

#27 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:16 PM

You brought this one on yourself, CharlieCroker.

View PostCharlieCroker, on October 25 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of some beta notes_

Being produced. All. Night. Long.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#28 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:23 PM

Pay2progress is 4 those with little time and lot of money. Does not affect the game balance in an way. Tootiredtotrollnao. Will watch this topic with great interest :D

#29 LemonKing

LemonKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:40 PM

An XP boost isn't power, its convience.
Pay to Win fpr example is letting a player buy a weapon with money thats stronger than any other weapon that could be earned by putting time into the game.

#30 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostElix, on October 25 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

If TV Mech is somehow not part of the final game, pleasepleaseplease have TV Mech be one of the rewards. See also BSOD death animation.

But if TV Mech is here to stay, I'll sit and wait for the announcement to drop. :D

I think some people are totally missing how boss TV Mech is (his name is Fred btw).  I kind of want to just throw all my points into maxing out Fred and then create an All-TV Mech-Assault-Squad that just steamrolls other teams.

I really like the BSOD idea... I can probably make this happen.

#31 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostDeuy, on October 25 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I think some people are totally missing how boss TV Mech is (his name is Fred btw).  I kind of want to just throw all my points into maxing out Fred and then create an All-TV Mech-Assault-Squad that just steamrolls other teams.

CALLING IT RIGHT HERE

TEAM FRED

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#32 Diamondeye96

Diamondeye96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:45 PM

chill. it's not finished, it's just started.

#33 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:11 AM

LOL! Glad you like my BSOD idea.

Playing in Fred today, I can't help but think he's more like Mr. Electric from Sharkboy and Lavagirl (my kids made me watch it).
Posted Image
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#34 Waddles

Waddles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:30 AM

as long as core items arent MPs only im fine.
Events can consist of a limited edition weapon that can be obtained for free after doing certain tasks, you can alternately just buy it with MPs. we dont need something like Latale like you can only use the event items by using MPs.

-oink-

#35 Luftwaffle

Luftwaffle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNanaimo, Canada

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:36 AM

You will be my hero forever if you do it. Do it for me! Do it for Fred!
Also that feel when an innocent photoshop spawns this.

Posted Image

Edited by Luftwaffle, October 26 2012 - 12:40 AM.

If you can't stand the HEAT, stay out of the map.

#36 Krovus

Krovus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:41 AM

What's the deal with Heat cannon on Infiltrator, is it a really OP weapon or something_

#37 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Post145154151164145, on October 25 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Hmm, wow buyable xp booster IS kinda fuzzy bunny....
It's also totally pointless if XP = Hawken points and Meteor points = Hawken points, why not just sell Hawken/Meteor points direct_ I've not idea why XP/Hawken points even need boosters. The game can just sell the stuff through Hawken points. Overly complicated sales mechanisms are something of a concern in any industry or market. They usually have one reason, and sadly it's not "customer choice". :/

What usually makes a game successful is simplicity and depth, not complexity and hubris. Hopefully it shows enough for the teams and managers involved to make the right decisions. :-/

Same here, but my fred is going to be PINK!

Edited by FluxX, October 26 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#38 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:18 AM

Okay, it's official.

Team Fred is Fred with bright pink or purple highlight colours (not sure about camo textures). I'm working Assault for most of CBT1, and it's gonna be in a Fred frame with as much purple as I can stuff on it.

#39 Luftwaffle

Luftwaffle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNanaimo, Canada

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostElix, on October 26 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Okay, it's official.

Team Fred is Fred with bright pink or purple highlight colours (not sure about camo textures). I'm working Assault for most of CBT1, and it's gonna be in a Fred frame with as much purple as I can stuff on it.
As much as the coolant ability seems like the hand-holding kiddy ability for newbies who can't control their heat use....
I'm in! Purple/Pinkward, ho!

Edited by Luftwaffle, October 26 2012 - 02:21 AM.

If you can't stand the HEAT, stay out of the map.

#40 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:36 AM

BSOD or GERTY.._

BSOD: https://dl.dropbox.c...hawken_bsod.jpg
GERTY: https://dl.dropbox.c...awken_gerty.jpg

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

y of their respective owners.

Privacy Policy | Cross Domain Policy | End User License Agreement | Rules of Conduct | Naming Policy | Press Enquiries