HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hello to the awesome Hawken community!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted June 25 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hi mech pilots! I just got into this game yesterday and I must say it is brilliant. I'm really more of a single player gamer but I think this is the one multiplayer that I've been wanting to play for a long time and when I found out it's on Steam I jumped at the chance.

Btw, I'm 22 and Indian, living in Europe at the moment.

I really like the game and in one crazy night (8 hours) I managed to upgrade from the CRT to an Assault mech and got the Point D Vulcan. I'm thoroughly enjoying the build so far but I'm really trying to save up for something better. My play style fits well with the assault category so I'm confused as to whether I should save up for a Vanguard or a G2 Assault. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers! :)

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted June 26 2014 - 12:27 AM

Welcome pilot!
I am glad you enjoy the game.

I suggest to check Saturnine's guide:
https://community.pl...or-march-patch/

Edited by Houruck, June 26 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 26 2014 - 12:53 AM

1- Hi /// 2-Get the Vanguard /// 3-The community isn't awesome anymore.

Posted Image

#4 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 01:00 AM

I would suggest the Vanguard as well from that too, but do not expect it to be anything similar to the CR-T and Assault even though they are in the same tree. Try out a C-class with the test drive first. And do not listen to EliteShooter, the community is not perfect but I would not say we are no longer awesome. ;)

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#5 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:27 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 26 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

3-The community isn't awesome anymore.
Please express your opinions on this matter more clearly.
I`ll fix it later.

#6 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the info guys! I'll admit i've come across a couple of dbags, but a lot more nice people are there to compensate. :) I've test driven the grenadier, raider and scout, but none of them are for me. Can I test the vangaurd somehow_

#7 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:58 AM

You need to wait until it is on test drive. If you played with the Grenadier you already know how the C-class feels like, and how to handle the Vanguard's secondary the Grenade Launcher.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:58 AM

Welcome aboard, pilot! :)

View PostMechAnt7, on June 26 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Can I test the vangaurd somehow_

Yes, it should be in this week's selection of free test drive mechs but atm there is bug which results in last week's selection of mechs still being active. Hopefully the devs will be able to resolve that issue in time. ;)

#9 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted June 26 2014 - 03:15 AM

Thanks again for the info guys! Btw Revolve, nice sig gif, lol :)

#10 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 04:03 AM

Huhu,

i would suggest the vanguard too, it should fit your playstayle, because the vanguard is a fast mech for even c-class and the grenade launcher is very good to play againts A-Class peek a boo players, due to your high amount of HP, you have the upper hand in most situations, but you need a very good mind for positioning yourself in a good way.

The submachine gun is already pretty powerful, if you have a very good aiming, for mid/short Range!

Maybe the infiltrator will suit your gamestyle also, its a pretty fast mech with the same weapons as the vanguard, with the ability to be invisible for a short duration of time (it uses fuel). So this mech is good for fast ssasination (alphastrike - Grenade, Detonator + SMC after that, don't use SMC at first, you have to surprise your foes at first).

In that way you are extremly effective againts players like me, who are playing technician, dueto the low amount of HP. If someone hits me after your alphastrike, iam dead for sure. If you do it right, you can be very fearsome for techs, so they wont be agressive healing at the front anymore and stuck in the background provides only support for teammates coming back from the frontline.

And please dont listen to this Eliteshooter Guy.

Good luck and have fun :)

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

#11 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 26 2014 - 05:28 AM

Welcome to the game buddeh!  Awesome!  You're an Indian guy, that's sooo coool! :D  Anyway, if you want something that's slightly different (though, Vanguard MANGUARD is freaking amazing) get a Grenadier while you're at it!  It's very tactical and versatile, that being said, it's a tough mech to use unlike Manguard but the return once you get used to it is more than amazing.  Look at my sig below to find the link to the Grenadier guide.

#12 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 06:07 AM

@Hijinks_The_Turtle

those links dont work :D

Edited by GalaxyRadio, June 26 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 26 2014 - 06:25 AM

Some in the community may have issues, but I am just freakin' amazing.
Vanguard will give you your death burp Sub Machine Cannon as primary, which you have for evaluation with the Assault.
Your secondary you can practice with on the Grenadier, as Van has the Kill Ball Toss as well.
You will immediately notice Vanguard's incredibly delightful ability to fly like a bee, and sting like a 40 Ton Hornet!
For C Class, my Flying Fat Man is my go-to for heavies. You might consider the Infiltrator (another ball-tosser, with Cloaking!) for the high speed version of Vanguard, or Reaper, if you'd like to get into fast, deadly, and one of the snipers everyone loves to hate!
See links below for additional Helps.
Welcome Aboard!
O

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#14 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted June 26 2014 - 07:46 AM

Welcome to Hawken, Pilot! Enjoy your stay. ^_^

#15 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:04 AM

Welcome MechAnt7! I've enjoyed our battles thus far.
Hope to see you again.
it's always been wankershim

#16 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:19 AM

Welcome to Hawken!

If you have any issues or need some guidance, just search the forum. Chances are someone's been helpful enough to solve it or post a guide :)

Not me though. I'm just here to sex things up.

Posted Image

#17 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostAregon, on June 26 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

View PostEliteShooter, on June 26 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

3-The community isn't awesome anymore.
Please express your opinions on this matter more clearly.

There is a big chunk of the community that has turned into trollers, and a bigger chunk of new people who come to the forums to complain more than to build. And not much people still post good stuff here, not like before, which makes what I said right on point.

Not to take anything from the current forumers but, before, it was much better; more art, more meaningful opinions, and less complaining, pessimism, spam and trolling.

Now there are a lot of factors that contributed to that, and among them the development. But after all, what I said is right.

Posted Image

#18 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostHouruck, on June 26 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

I would suggest the Vanguard as well from that too, but do not expect it to be anything similar to the CR-T and Assault even though they are in the same tree. Try out a C-class with the test drive first. And do not listen to EliteShooter, the community is not perfect but I would not say we are no longer awesome. ;)

Well, I think because you aren't really getting your nose in dumb threads. Mainly taking care of clan related stuff. That's why you can't understand me.

Posted Image

#19 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted June 26 2014 - 04:01 PM

Thanks all for the feedback and warm welcomes! :)

@ GalaxyRadio - Thanks for the detailed info! I went ahead and bought a Vanguard yesterday with all the HC i had accumulated and I must say it doesn't disappoint. It took a little getting used to and since it was only my second night in the game, but I found that if I couldn't deal with a situation using the vanguard I just switched to my Assault on the next spawn, and vice versa. The vanguard really shined when I stuck to the team or with a support mech.

@ EM1O - Thanks for the info! I have tested the grenadier but I found it to be too clunky for me. I'm trying my best to get used to the Grenade launcher on the Vanguard but it just bounces all over so I guess I'll have to get used to detonating it myself, which gets a bit confusing since I can hardly see the ball sometimes in the middle of an intense firefight or on dark maps. I'm a noob. :)

@ cornshuckerprime - Thanks man, same to you! I hope I get the breeding soon. ;)

Edited by MechAnt7, June 26 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#20 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:20 AM

Welcome to HAWKEN, pilot! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users