HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ahoy from Florida

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 26 2014 - 06:49 PM

That's a interesting idea! And I happen to have a xbox 360 game pad!
it's always been wankershim

#22 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 26 2014 - 07:08 PM

helps:  download XPadder.exe (freeware) i configure as shown: Posted Image
the little icon top left of the config window gives the menu. mess with it for a while to get the operation of it. the doc for it sucks.
Luck!
O
edit: ONLY for wired. couldn't get this to work on the wireless pad! anyone else_ if you wanna try it, you can get one from any hock shop, or even thriftstores for around a dollar. they have them in a big cardboard box where i got mine :)

Edited by EM1O, June 26 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#23 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 26 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostEM1O, on June 26 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

edit: ONLY for wired. couldn't get this to work on the wireless pad!

Do you have the special receiver wireless pads need to connect to PCs_ They don't connect via Bluetooth, and the charging cable is for charging only.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#24 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 27 2014 - 01:22 AM

Thanks EM10! I'm going to give it a go today.

#25 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:19 AM

Welcome to HAWKEN, pilot! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#26 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:37 AM

Cherry reds huh..... I will look into it.

You see my current keyboard has a very very low frame, and the activation of any of the keys is nice due to the keys being very very low, like if you take the "Standerd" keyboard cut the keys in half and give the keys themselves a wider surface area that is what I am looking for in a mech keyboard.... but all of them look like high risen "standards" to me...

I suppose what I am lookin for is a slim mech keyboard with MX cherry red with an o ring mod...... I will take a look in the land of the keyboards.

Also 750ti is not a bad GPU ofc, I am just surprised it was not a GTX 770, or R9 270x, or R9 280x, Again seemed like a odd ball out. (Plus ya can't cross it so that limits upgrade potential) But hey I understand your reasons, personally I like the 280X partly cause I know it is a ol' 7970 which is a beast of a card honestly so I just decided to go with something tried and true.

Still nothing is as fugal as that 750ti for how much it gives you.

Edited by deidarall, June 27 2014 - 06:00 AM.

May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#27 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:53 AM

Oh wait. I know you Corn I found you yesterday XD playing dat pantie raider.  Your good at that raider and jazz I am more of a turret mode vangaurd myself.
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#28 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 06:22 AM

View Postdeidarall, on June 27 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Cherry reds huh..... I will look into it.

You see my current keyboard has a very very low frame, and the activation of any of the keys is nice due to the keys being very very low, like if you take the "Standerd" keyboard cut the keys in half and give the keys themselves a wider surface area that is what I am looking for in a mech keyboard.... but all of them look like high risen "standards" to me...

I suppose what I am lookin for is a slim mech keyboard with MX cherry red with an o ring mod...... I will take a look in the land of the keyboards.

Also 750ti is not a bad GPU ofc, I am just surprised it was not a GTX 770, or R9 270x, or R9 280x, Again seemed like a odd ball out. (Plus ya can't cross it so that limits upgrade potential) But hey I understand your reasons, personally I like the 280X partly cause I know it is a ol' 7970 which is a beast of a card honestly so I just decided to go with something tried and true.

That does sound a bit odd, though boards like that likely exist. I'd also recommend visiting an electronics shop in order to see if you could test out key types.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#29 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 27 2014 - 07:48 AM

View Postdeidarall, on June 27 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

Oh wait. I know you Corn I found you yesterday XD playing dat pantie raider.  Your good at that raider and jazz I am more of a turret mode vangaurd myself.

That vanguard could not be killed! I was lagging/teleporting so bad that I could hardly hit that fatty.

#30 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 27 2014 - 09:59 AM

I was looking for more performance with lower power consumption. I was running my two ancient HD 5770 cards in crossfire.
The evga GTX 750 Ti FTW handles hawken at ultra settings with physics beautifully, and the lights don't dim when I turn my system on.
The x2 HD 5770s weren't very smooth at ultra settings, and they didn't support physics.

#31 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:25 AM

View Postcornshuckerprime, on June 27 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

I was looking for more performance with lower power consumption. I was running my two ancient HD 5770 cards in crossfire.
The evga GTX 750 Ti FTW handles hawken at ultra settings with physics beautifully, and the lights don't dim when I turn my system on.
The x2 HD 5770s weren't very smooth at ultra settings, and they didn't support physics.

Huh, really_ I wouldn't have thought the 750 ti could run Hawken at Ultra. I guess the game is better optimized than I thought it was!

#32 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:44 AM

Do not underestimate those "lower end" cards, for example the R7 265 for the price can pretty much max out most games 1080p no problem, which is ofc the GTX 750ti competitor from AMD, and justlike the 750ti it is like a bat that can run games for cheap.  You can run most games at very respectable settings, and if you overclock you can for example get very close to 40 fps in battlefield 4 on high settings for both cards. Both are honestly very very impressive. I do think it is odd to have a 800 PSU and use the 750ti but hell I do not confess to know his needs, and honestly a 750ti sounds like a very nice and near silent system, and the how the 750ti is so effective on such little power should be noted for sure.

My main point is, honestly it is getting to the point where 1080p will not be hard for GPU's to pull off unless games are just so graphically demanding that it would push that tech to the limit, but give it a few more years and I think 4 k systems will start to happen more and more.

I suggest giving this a read over just to undersatdn how far we have come over these last few years ^_^, (Also another example of GPUs coming pretty far is that the GTX 580 is about as strong as a R9 270 atm which is crazy)

http://www.trustedre...or-1080p-gaming

Posted Image

#33 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 27 2014 - 12:11 PM

View Postdeidarall, on June 27 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I do think it is odd to have a 800 PSU and use the 750ti but hell I do not confess to know his needs, and honestly a 750ti sounds like a very nice and near silent system, and the how the 750ti is so effective on such little power should be noted for sure.

The 800w PSU is what I already had from when I originally bought the HD 5770s.
If I outgrow the 750ti, I have the PSU to handle a better card.

#34 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Postdeidarall, on June 27 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Do not underestimate those "lower end" cards, for example the R7 265 for the price can pretty much max out most games 1080p no problem, which is ofc the GTX 750ti competitor from AMD, and justlike the 750ti it is like a bat that can run games for cheap.  You can run most games at very respectable settings, and if you overclock you can for example get very close to 40 fps in battlefield 4 on high settings for both cards. Both are honestly very very impressive. I do think it is odd to have a 800 PSU and use the 750ti but hell I do not confess to know his needs, and honestly a 750ti sounds like a very nice and near silent system, and the how the 750ti is so effective on such little power should be noted for sure.

My main point is, honestly it is getting to the point where 1080p will not be hard for GPU's to pull off unless games are just so graphically demanding that it would push that tech to the limit, but give it a few more years and I think 4 k systems will start to happen more and more.

I suggest giving this a read over just to undersatdn how far we have come over these last few years ^_^, (Also another example of GPUs coming pretty far is that the GTX 580 is about as strong as a R9 270 atm which is crazy)

http://www.trustedre...or-1080p-gaming

Oh, wow! That's certainly an interesting link. I almost regret going with a 7950. Only reason I don't is because my system's original purpose was to run Star Citizen, preferably at Ultra. Plus I got a great deal on the 7950. :P

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, June 27 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#35 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 01:08 PM

Well remember if you have a more powerful card now you do not have to upgrade til later, in a few years the 7950 will likely still be a alright card, but the R7 265 might not be enough to run some games anymore. Plus a issue with the gtx 750ti is that it is not future proof for SLI. As games get more demanding as they surely will a card like the 265 will have to be removed and replaced sooner or at least crossed up.

Also you could always crossfire that 7950 with another one or even the R9 280, over different brands.

Overall the idea for building a PC in terms of gaming is to get the most powerful GPU you can get for the best price to last the longest time, going with a weaker GPU is not a bad thing ofc but you will find it coming up short faster than some of the high end GPUs. (Plus it does feel good to get lots of frames now ^_^)

However I think that 1080p will become a lot like 720p is now, (IE any very cheap systems can do pretty well on 720p these days.) but this is in the future, however it is crazy to have cards at this price point doing this well on modern games on 1080p, this is getting to the point where something like a 500 buck machine can actually play modern games at around 30 fps at 1080p (And if you throw it on 720 well your golden). That was not the case a while ago.

I still stand by the idea of getting the most powerful GPu for your system today and only upgrading when your machine does not allow you to play the games you wish to play if your a 1080p gamer. But lets say your a 720p gamer with a old screen you love, then you do not have to get as powerful of a card and if you DO get a more powerful card well... your card will last for even longer. But I still suggest getting the most powerful card you can, because again it will last longer on those super demanding titles you wish to play. (Hell these days you can pick up an APU from AMD and 720p game without a APU....)

Still most gamers are 1080p these days, :) but the situation is the same. The GPU is the most important part of your gaming rig, I do not suggest going cheap on it unless you have other reasons in mind like silent and such.

(Random example of how far we have gone for 720p this is only a APU without a separate GPU as long as he has that 2400mhz ram he can play that game really nicely on 720p)

Edited by deidarall, June 27 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

#36 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 27 2014 - 06:58 PM

this all sounds so Chic. here I sit with my 8350, playing on my Vizio 30" HDTV in 1360x768, Hawken running High/"Physix"(or what AMD has for it) perfectly fine with a hd7750 @900/1250.
I feel like the guy from a trailer park driving a Dodge through the Macy's parking lot filled with Rolls and Lamborghinis...
...wait a second, that IS a Dodge out front...
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#37 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 07:15 PM

View Postdeidarall, on June 27 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Well remember if you have a more powerful card now you do not have to upgrade til later, in a few years the 7950 will likely still be a alright card, but the R7 265 might not be enough to run some games anymore. Plus a issue with the gtx 750ti is that it is not future proof for SLI. As games get more demanding as they surely will a card like the 265 will have to be removed and replaced sooner or at least crossed up.

Also you could always crossfire that 7950 with another one or even the R9 280, over different brands.

Overall the idea for building a PC in terms of gaming is to get the most powerful GPU you can get for the best price to last the longest time, going with a weaker GPU is not a bad thing ofc but you will find it coming up short faster than some of the high end GPUs. (Plus it does feel good to get lots of frames now ^_^)

However I think that 1080p will become a lot like 720p is now, (IE any very cheap systems can do pretty well on 720p these days.) but this is in the future, however it is crazy to have cards at this price point doing this well on modern games on 1080p, this is getting to the point where something like a 500 buck machine can actually play modern games at around 30 fps at 1080p (And if you throw it on 720 well your golden). That was not the case a while ago.

I still stand by the idea of getting the most powerful GPu for your system today and only upgrading when your machine does not allow you to play the games you wish to play if your a 1080p gamer. But lets say your a 720p gamer with a old screen you love, then you do not have to get as powerful of a card and if you DO get a more powerful card well... your card will last for even longer. But I still suggest getting the most powerful card you can, because again it will last longer on those super demanding titles you wish to play. (Hell these days you can pick up an APU from AMD and 720p game without a APU....)

Still most gamers are 1080p these days, :) but the situation is the same. The GPU is the most important part of your gaming rig, I do not suggest going cheap on it unless you have other reasons in mind like silent and such.

(Random example of how far we have gone for 720p this is only a APU without a separate GPU as long as he has that 2400mhz ram he can play that game really nicely on 720p)

True, true. Suppose I wasn't considering that when I typed my earlier reply. :P

#38 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 28 2014 - 04:07 PM

WELCOME FRESH MEAT- I mean... FELLOW PILOT!!!!

Lol, in all seriousness, welcome to Hawken. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to click my sig. I've got quite a few videos up that should help you learn more of the mechs in the game and learn a few tricks that I know. I'm adding more so be sure to check it out. But yeah, hope to see you on the battlefield one day!
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#39 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:34 PM

Ha! just call me points.

I've been watching and reading quite a few of the tutorials, awesome stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users