HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

My mech is turning around

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hergoth

Hergoth

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hi, i just started the game and the problem happened in tutorials ( tried the first one and offline TDM). From the beggining the mech starts turning to the left and doesn't stop. My mouse is working and i can keep the mech going straight forward by turning to the right for a while, but it's obviously not a solution....
   The only thing i've changed before tutorials was resolution to 1080p. Restart doesn't help.
I don't think it's a hw related problem....CPU-i5 760, GPU-gtx 460, 8GB DDR3 RAM
   any ideas_

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:42 AM

Unplugging all gamepady / joysticks etc. should fix youR "spinning mech" problem.

If you don't have any gamepads or joysticks connected, you can edit the config files to fix it. The config files are located in "C:UsersYourNameDocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig". You need to open the "HawkenInput.ini" and search for "LookRightScale" and "LookUpScale" in the "[HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput]" section. It doesn't work if the values are changed in a different section! The values have to be changed to:
  • LookRightScale = 1.000000
  • LookUpScale = -1.000000

#3 Hergoth

Hergoth

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 11:15 AM

unplugged joystick with joypad, problem solved...never happened to me before...thank you :)

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 28 2014 - 12:20 PM

Just wait till the W key gets stuck on your keyboard. Insanity.
:)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 Hergoth

Hergoth

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostEM1O, on June 28 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Just wait till the W key gets stuck on your keyboard. Insanity.
:)

i think that nonstop spinning is much much worse :P

#6 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 28 2014 - 05:03 PM

actually, it was the 360joypad. i have the LThumb up linked to the W key. Jalapeno-bacon cheeseburges, gummy bears, wine, chips, cookies--hands transfer a lotta goop to joypads.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#7 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted June 28 2014 - 07:58 PM

Mine sticks sometimes for weird reasons, sometimes i can't stop running left.  My key is not stuck down and i have no joysticks and whatnot.  I fix it by simply pressing that key again :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users