HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Switch to a new Mech_

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 slushy_g

slushy_g

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 12:47 PM

I think I have changed my mind lol. I am now going to go straight to the Predator because I have already used the assault which is a B class mech. I hope I don't rage quit too hard lol because i want to get good at this game.
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Dude Hawken is Cool[/font]

#22 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 06 2014 - 01:34 PM

View Postslushy_g, on August 06 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

I think I have changed my mind lol. I am now going to go straight to the Predator because I have already used the assault which is a B class mech. I hope I don't rage quit too hard lol because i want to get good at this game.

Welcome to the club!

On guides: Make sure to check out Lightangel11 and Meraple's. It's the best out there. If you'd like my personal thoughts on the mech, check out my cloaker comparision. Though not strictly a Predator guide, it may help you.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, August 06 2014 - 01:34 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#23 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 06:56 PM

Good choice with the predator. I disagree with those that are saying don't get it for a 3rd or 4th mech. Predator was my 3rd but I wanted a challenge. However I personally would recommend going with the infiltrator/learning a little from the infiltrator through the mech test drives. Learning infiltrator basics helped me a lot with my pred.

Whatever you do, do not give up on your predator. The feeling you get when an enemy boosts past you to heal while you're cloaked is unmatched IMO, cause you know that kill is yours and they are not safe.

#24 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 08 2014 - 07:19 PM

Predator is a super tough mech to pilot. I cannot recommend that you buy it at this time seeing how you've mostly played as assault family mechs. If you want to try it, you can and you can click my signature to look up videos on it. Just be prepared to tear your hair out A LOT while learning it. I suggest learning the infiltrator AND the raider before trying to get into the predator. That's just my suggestion.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, August 08 2014 - 07:20 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#25 slushy_g

slushy_g

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:38 AM

Ok guys so I bought the Predator a while ago and have gotten it up to rank 3. I just bought the alternate weapon, the Bolt, and didn't really like it very much because of the range. I want to know if it is a good weapon and I just need to learn it, or should I just stick to the Breacher. and same goes with the prestige EOC when I get it.

#26 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:54 AM

View Postslushy_g, on August 11 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ok guys so I bought the Predator a while ago and have gotten it up to rank 3. I just bought the alternate weapon, the Bolt, and didn't really like it very much because of the range. I want to know if it is a good weapon and I just need to learn it, or should I just stick to the Breacher. and same goes with the prestige EOC when I get it.

Breacher = Most versatile Pred weapon. Most dedicated Pred pilots prefer it.

T32 = Messy rambo weapon. Fun to play around with, forgiving, low utlity. Usually considered the worst Pred primary, though it's good on the Raider.

EOC R = High utility, high burst damage, no hitscan. This is a very good weapon for certain area denial playstyles. It is, however, hard to use. Good weapon if you're supported by teammates, not as good if you're flanking.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#27 slushy_g

slushy_g

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:26 AM

OK. Thanks for all the help. I'll stick with the Breacher for now and then switch on and off depending on the situation with EOC Repeater when I get it.

#28 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:39 AM

View Postslushy_g, on August 11 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

OK. Thanks for all the help. I'll stick with the Breacher for now and then switch on and off depending on the situation with EOC Repeater when I get it.

That's how most players do it.

#29 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:11 AM

View Postslushy_g, on August 06 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

I am level 22 in the game and I use the Vanguard right now. I am very close to getting it up to the rank where I can buy the Point D Vulcan for it. The Vangaurd is only my 3rd Mech, the second being assault. I was playing the other day, and I kept getting destroyed by this guy with a Predator. I looked at it and thought it was pretty cool. I would like to learn a third type of fighting more with stealth. Should I buy the Predator and use that or upgrade the Vanguard with the Point D Vulcan_

Dont buy the Pred unless you are willing to put at least 5 hours gameplay into learning it. Thats 5 hours of being negative kdr. its hard to learn but once you get there its just about as fun as it gets. Its not a 1v1 mech by any means. not even for outclassed mechs like A's. they will tear you apart and leave you wondering how it could all go so wrong. But, BUT, if you put in the time to learn the mech, there is nothing more fun than walking up cloaked and killing someone before they can fire back.
Dohka : The one and only

#30 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostDohka, on August 11 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

View Postslushy_g, on August 06 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

I am level 22 in the game and I use the Vanguard right now. I am very close to getting it up to the rank where I can buy the Point D Vulcan for it. The Vangaurd is only my 3rd Mech, the second being assault. I was playing the other day, and I kept getting destroyed by this guy with a Predator. I looked at it and thought it was pretty cool. I would like to learn a third type of fighting more with stealth. Should I buy the Predator and use that or upgrade the Vanguard with the Point D Vulcan_

Dont buy the Pred unless you are willing to put at least 5 hours gameplay into learning it. Thats 5 hours of being negative kdr. its hard to learn but once you get there its just about as fun as it gets. Its not a 1v1 mech by any means. not even for outclassed mechs like A's. they will tear you apart and leave you wondering how it could all go so wrong. But, BUT, if you put in the time to learn the mech, there is nothing more fun than walking up cloaked and killing someone before they can fire back.

If you're not willing to put at least five hours into learning any mech, you're better off sticking with the assault. Yuck.

The Predator can and does shine in all situations, so long as its pilot knows how to operate it.

#31 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 11 2014 - 12:16 PM

I felt Pot Committed after spending the HC on it and I am stubborn so I kept at it until I learned to have fun with it

#32 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostDohka, on August 11 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I felt Pot Committed after spending the HC on it and I am stubborn so I kept at it until I learned to have fun with it

Check out the guides I linked above/quoted here.

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 06 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Welcome to the club!

On guides: Make sure to check out Lightangel11 and Meraple's. It's the best out there. If you'd like my personal thoughts on the mech, check out my cloaker comparision. Though not strictly a Predator guide, it may help you.

#33 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 11 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 11 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Im good now, I put the time into it. Last couple matches I have gone 10/0 and 9/1 with a great dmg ratio.

#34 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostDohka, on August 11 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 11 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Im good now, I put the time into it. Last couple matches I have gone 10/0 and 9/1 with a great dmg ratio.

I'd still say you should check through them, especially if you plan to main Predator.

#35 slushy_g

slushy_g

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 04:13 PM

I do plan to make the Pred my main mech, and I am doing pretty well with it right now. I can't really do a sustained skirmish, but I can easily sneak up and kill one person right now. I will look at those guides and I liked the cloaker comparison one that I have already read.

#36 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 05:16 PM

View Postslushy_g, on August 11 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

I do plan to make the Pred my main mech, and I am doing pretty well with it right now. I can't really do a sustained skirmish, but I can easily sneak up and kill one person right now. I will look at those guides and I liked the cloaker comparison one that I have already read.

I have a couple friends who I'm introducing to the game (one who for sure wants to play Pred). If you want to hang with us, let me know. I might be able to show you a few things.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, August 11 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#37 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 11 2014 - 05:17 PM

Another thing you can try is follow an enemy mech around and wait until they engage one of your teammates. Once the focus is on your teammate then unleash hell into their back. They almost never turn to face you and you either get a kill or an assist.

#38 slushy_g

slushy_g

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 11 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I have a couple friends who I'm introducing to the game (one who for sure wants to play Pred). If you want to hang with us, let me know. I might be able to show you a few things.
Ok ill friend you tomorrow and PM you about it that would be cool.

#39 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:54 PM

View Postslushy_g, on August 11 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 11 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Ok ill friend you tomorrow and PM you about it that would be cool.

Add me on Steam. My static handle is twenty_first_pilot .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users