HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TPG League: Hawken's first season concludes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:06 AM

View Postshosca, on August 11 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

I think the TPG should stick to siege on bunker for the next season.

/runs

Facetious though you may be, I would totally play a bunker siege league.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#42 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 11 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Snip.

Would it be nice to have an EU tourney to understand practically what you are talking about_ Yes, it would. Does EU have the critical mass for it_ Hardly, unfortunately. People are losing interest. All is left is semi-organized scrims and the occasional pub with regulars.
Granted, I personally do not know how the meta works at that level what you play, but I apply "book knowledge" constantly in my play and try out things based on that and that works more often than not. The rest is viewing how the TPG guys do it. I may come off as a stubborn neverheard European (who the fuzzy bunny is this guy), but I just want to squeeze out some answers from the top. In times like this it's answers I crave. Like a plant craves electrolytes.

#43 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostKopra, on August 11 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on August 11 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Snip.

Would it be nice to have an EU tourney to understand practically what you are talking about_ Yes, it would. Does EU have the critical mass for it_ Hardly, unfortunately. People are losing interest. All is left is semi-organized scrims and the occasional pub with regulars.
Granted, I personally do not know how the meta works at that level what you play, but I apply "book knowledge" constantly in my play and try out things based on that and that works more often than not. The rest is viewing how the TPG guys do it. I may come off as a stubborn neverheard European (who the fuzzy bunny is this guy), but I just want to squeeze out some answers from the top. In times like this it's answers I crave. Like a plant craves electrolytes.

I have heard from many of the EU guys that the game is actually dieing over there not like in the US where people claim its dieing because they didn't find a game within 2 minutes of searching. I really wish this weren't so and I would love for the EU guys to get a real league going with hardy competition! Then they could provide their feedback and meta stuff because ultimately game metas are mostly dictated by the players at the top picking their strategies, mechs and uses. There are combinations and uses people here have probably not thought of or used and this may very well be the basis for a completely different meta over in the EU where people think about the game a bit differently. That kind of thing is exciting to me and I wish it were a reality.

One thing in my life that I continually find frustrating to no end and yet wondrously amazing at the same time is that experience is something that you cannot truly describe in its entirety. I could answer your questions until I am blue in the face, but no amount of words will really be able to describe exactly my experience. I do my best to describe what pieces of it I can, but in the end I know it is a failed attempt at communication as we are not only limited by our understanding of language, but also our own experiences. I wish I could give you the answers you seek, but in the end I can only provide small portions of my own experience. To relay them in their entirety is quite impossible given how language works. I really think this is why people try to stick to "objective" things like numbers, logic and equations. They are things that one doesn't have to try and describe they just merely are and work the same way for everyone in all situations.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users