HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any way to change server while not logged in game_

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klabauter8

Klabauter8

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:36 AM

I once changed servers, because the European servers where all empty and noone was playing, but then my ping skyrocked and the game crashed, and now I can't even connect to my game account anymore. It just doesn't connect and gives me an error after 5 minutes or so.

Any way to change my server back to European without having to connect to my in game account_

Edited by Klabauter8, August 08 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 08 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostKlabauter8, on August 08 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Any way to change my server back to European without having to connect to my in game account_

The server region that you selected earlier is just being used for the matchmaking and server browser afaik. Therefore it's not the cause of your problem.

View PostKlabauter8, on August 08 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

It just doesn't connect and gives me an error after 5 minutes or so.

Want error code and error message did you get_

Please check Windows' event viewer for Hawken-related error records.

#3 Klabauter8

Klabauter8

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostReEvolve, on August 08 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

The server region that you selected earlier is just being used for the matchmaking and server browser afaik. Therefore it's not the cause of your problem.
Yea, actually I thought this too, but it's just strange because I first played on USA servers the whole time, because I didnt even notice you can change servers, but then some time ago I began to have an incrdibly high ping all the time and the game also didnt really start well anymore (couldn't sync account anymore), then I changed to European servers, and it all went well so far. But now i tried Brazilian servers and it doesn't work at all anymore. Just right after I changed the server, it crashed and the game doesnt sync account anymore.

I either just got an "couldn't connect" error or something like this, or now, the game also just crashes to desktop.
Now when I tried it, I also got an error saying "temporarily unavailable service". Getting all kinds of errors.
I have no idea how to use this event viewer, sry. I just found it, but I don't know where I could find the Hawken related stuff there.

Edited by Klabauter8, August 08 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 08 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostKlabauter8, on August 08 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

.I either just got an "couldn't connect" error or something like this, or now, the game also just crashes to desktop.
Now when I tried it, I also got an error saying "temporarily unavailable service". Getting all kinds of errors.
It might be useful if you post the exact wording of the error codes and error messages though. Anyway, the event viewer records might be enough to identify your problem.

View PostKlabauter8, on August 08 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

I have no idea how to use this event viewer, sry. I just found it, but I don't know where I could find the Hawken related stuff there.
Here are some detailed instructions how to find Hawken-related error records in the event viewer: https://playhawken.z...l-error-causes-

Please post the exact wording of the recent(!) error record(s) in this thread.

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 08:20 AM

Clear your ingame settings.

There are three different ways (you only have to do one!) to perform this step:

For everything except Windows 8:

Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup".

For Windows 8:

Rename "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:

If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users