HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is vangurad turet mode going to be changed because I find it very useful.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:27 PM

Basically I was wondering if vanguard turret mode and turret modes in general going to be changed in the future. I personalty find the vanguard turret  mode very good epically with team work. I can not speak for the other c's  because I have not bought any other C Mechs with them. I think  the vanguard should keep its turret mode even if all the other get changed. What do you think _

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:37 PM

I'm fairly certain that Van-turret is safe. Actually, most C class players consider it the only one worth using.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted August 08 2014 - 02:12 PM

As an A Class pilot i find it very useful :D
Posted Image

#4 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 08 2014 - 03:14 PM

There hasn't been an announcement, official or unofficial that they're going to change the Vanguard.

Posted Image

#5 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 03:36 PM

I am sure a class loves turret mode too but I have a few tricks that keep you a class mechs from flanking.

Edited by Source_Mystic, August 08 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#6 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 08 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on August 08 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

I am sure a class loves turret mode too but I have a few tricks that keep you a class mechs from flanking.

You can keep bad A classes from flanking, yeah.
Good ones that actually know how the game works will be behind your fat ass in no time.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 05:00 PM

Vangaurd turret mode is op imho. It's certainly not going anywhere, but I feel that it could use a nerf. 60% damage reduction is just too much (1096 effective armor). Bringing it down to 40% would be more reasonable (959 effective armor, still far more than brawler).

Edited by HubbaBubba9849, August 19 2014 - 09:37 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#8 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 08 2014 - 05:29 PM

If any turret changes occur to either Vanguard or Brawler, it better be only to buff 'em back up. i like 'em like that.
'course, if i'm driving my Reaper or Scout, i welcome more dysfunction with Grenadier, and hope for some with Rocketeer and Incin. they are already such glorious burn bait. :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#9 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 08 2014 - 07:14 PM

Vanguard is the only one with a turret mode that's worthwhile. The only reason why other turret modes had talk of changing them was because they were far inferior to the vanguard's. Vanguard turret mode will probably stay, but the rest will probably (and I hope) will be changed like the grenadier.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#10 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 08 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 08 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

Vanguard is the only one with a turret mode that's worthwhile. The only reason why other turret modes had talk of changing them was because they were far inferior to the vanguard's. Vanguard turret mode will probably stay, but the rest will probably (and I hope) will be changed like the grenadier.

This. I am constantly frustrated by how mediocre the Brawler's mode is and how utterly useless the Rocketeer's is. I don't think that all of them should get a change like the grenadier because I rather like the turret mode idea.

But the Brawler's mode turns an already abysmally slow mech into a mossy rock with health regen which in no way makes up for the lack of mobility.

The autolock of the Rocketeer's mode would be cool if the hellfire cooldown was quicker, or SOMETHING else also changed, but right now, all it does is turn the mech into a fat target.

#11 Behemoth66

Behemoth66

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 05:44 AM

[font=georgia,serif]I already brought this up and got a fairly good answer here: [/font]https://community.pl...eople-is-it-op/

#12 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 08:24 AM

the devs rested our worry on the vanguard turret its safe, i love it i drive 1 mph all day and physics is awesome they stil keep appearing in the road and splattering against my turtle
i don't mean any of it

#13 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 09 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on August 08 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

This. I am constantly frustrated by how mediocre the Brawler's mode is and how utterly useless the Rocketeer's is. I don't think that all of them should get a change like the grenadier because I rather like the turret mode idea.

But the Brawler's mode turns an already abysmally slow mech into a mossy rock with health regen which in no way makes up for the lack of mobility.

The autolock of the Rocketeer's mode would be cool if the hellfire cooldown was quicker, or SOMETHING else also changed, but right now, all it does is turn the mech into a fat target.
What I would prefer with the brawler is that it had an active ability like the Grenadier that had an effect similar to the bruiser. As for the rocketeer, I kinda wish the turret mode didn't have the Auto-lock, because I personally find that not helpful. Kinda wish that the turret mode decreased the heat generation of the weapons so that you could lay down suppressive fire for a longer period of time.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#14 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 09 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 09 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on August 08 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

What I would prefer with the brawler is that it had an active ability like the Grenadier that had an effect similar to the bruiser. As for the rocketeer, I kinda wish the turret mode didn't have the Auto-lock, because I personally find that not helpful. Kinda wish that the turret mode decreased the heat generation of the weapons so that you could lay down suppressive fire for a longer period of time.

I once suggested a mode for a brawler like shifting fighting stances, halfway between a turret mode and an active ability.

First off, increase the base speed of the Brawler. You'd activate it and start to absord damage, at the cost of movespeed while retaining boost and dodge abilities. Now, it's not reducing or cancelling the damage, you'd still be taking the damage in full, you'd just store the amount of damage taken. The damage caps, and re-activating the ability within a time limit triggers a shockwave in front of you, returning that damage and knocking people back and returning you to base movespeed. Maybe retain some of the health regen while in the stance/mode. This means you're not such a friggin' target all the time, you get a thematically appropriate ability for the Brawler.

For Rocketeer, sure, that works too. Maybe speed up the firing rate as well. Just not... what we have now.

#15 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:56 AM

I've always hated turret mode on every mech but all this love for Vanguard turret mode makes me want to revisit the idea. Hmmm...

#16 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:42 PM

Vanguard turret is usefull, this Mech as a great balance between health and damage reduction while in turret mode. And this turret mode is not a win button (turret mode is awesome in uptown, less usefull in Bazaar)
Keep it and revamp other C turrets (lots of ideas to do that but the main thing is to manage to keep it balanced).

Edited by MomOw, August 10 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

#17 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:37 PM

To me: turret mode = peek-a-boo slowdeth.  the limited mobility of turret mode means that you're basically gonna be in one spot while I pot-shot you around a small piece of cover. I move left, shoot, dodge right - into cover.  Your turret will be in the same general area when I recycle this combo, from the other side, with the directions reversed.  Even with your health and defense advantage, you're an easier target to hit than me.  I've had good results with every class on this one, I just have to get the dodge timing right.

flipside - vanguard turret seems to be an effective... well.. vanguard against a solid line in chokepoint-heavy maps, but you need a good team that knows how to spill out behind you once they realize that the line has been broken.

Either way, turret mode feels like it's going the way of tuning points:

"we like tuning points, but we're removing them from client side..."

But I don't know for sure.

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#18 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:48 AM

vanguard and brawler needs to stay like they are i love the turret modes, god i wish i could record efficiently and show you what my brawler did today
i don't mean any of it

#19 Vudu15

Vudu15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted August 19 2014 - 08:26 PM

Well since the game left beta they have seriously crippled the Van's abilities, I dont play with others and dont have a clan in the game and Im sure as most of you have noticed as in any other game on the internet cooperation is lacking. Used to you could be dogged and killed but if you were on top of things and watched your radar you could fight your way out now.....no way. Sometimes you might get lucky and win some fights but most of the time you just get shot to pieces. They need to bring the armor up a bit more, not to what it used to have but somewhere in between because the nerf hammer got this one...bad.

#20 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 08:33 PM

i dont know what it used to be anyhow so no loss to me, it works very well for slaughtering the masses, but against the high end players they quickly counter it propperly
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users