HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions about HC and MC

Community Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 15 2014 - 06:34 AM

I think if the devs were to raise the price of a mech when paying with HC and lower the price when paying with MC, I think more people would buy MC. Same idea applied to weapons.

Do you feel like that is a good or bad idea_
Dohka : The one and only

#2 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 07:01 AM

There is a pretty big convo going on in this thread regarding HC at least. Daronicus makes some good points in it. Might as well read before getting into a related discussion involving similar things.
https://community.pl..._20#entry560358
Posted Image

#3 IHateGlamour

IHateGlamour

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 07:09 AM

Lol, you gain on average 150 HC, how much you need fo a 12000+ mech _ On high prices people will just drop the game, not buy MC. People need to get the feeling that they accomplish something, but playing without being able to buy anything with it, people just loose interest. Prices are high enough now, cause you have your mech, but you must buy internals and stuff, buy the weapons you unlock, and you always will HC starve.

#4 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:36 PM

10 dollars for 1400 ish..it's already pretty cheap
Posted Image

#5 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:42 PM

They could make it like Guildwars cash system, let me use an example. You exchange idk (throws a random number) 5000HC =50MC or something like that. This way you can just keep buying stuff from the matchs you do over time. Just a thought, don't go crazy on me peoples.

Posted Image

#6 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostOnstrava, on August 17 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

They could make it like Guildwars cash system, let me use an example. You exchange idk (throws a random number) 5000HC =50MC or something like that. This way you can just keep buying stuff from the matchs you do over time. Just a thought, don't go crazy on me peoples.
I had thought of that thought already thinker

#7 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:44 AM

Okay, I am going to REALLY disagree with this suggestion. From a quick search on Steam, I can see that Guild Wars is a game that you have to pay to play. Pay to get. Pay money which goes to the developers so they can earn SOMETHING for making the game. This game is already very, VERY kind compared to many, many F2P games out there - you literally don't need any money to get anything you want but what makes you look cool. The Devs already don't earn enough for this great game, but adding this feature would kill them. Only way I see it is if the conversion was something like 10 000HC = 10/50MC - because I know that there are some really hardened vets here and they deserve something for playing after they have gotten everything in the game and STILL supporting it.

Sorry if I sounded harsh - but I just feel that the devs deserve more than they are getting.

#8 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 18 2014 - 03:01 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on August 18 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Okay, I am going to REALLY disagree with this suggestion. From a quick search on Steam, I can see that Guild Wars is a game that you have to pay to play. Pay to get. Pay money which goes to the developers so they can earn SOMETHING for making the game. This game is already very, VERY kind compared to many, many F2P games out there - you literally don't need any money to get anything you want but what makes you look cool. The Devs already don't earn enough for this great game, but adding this feature would kill them. Only way I see it is if the conversion was something like 10 000HC = 10/50MC - because I know that there are some really hardened vets here and they deserve something for playing after they have gotten everything in the game and STILL supporting it.

Sorry if I sounded harsh - but I just feel that the devs deserve more than they are getting.
I should probably rephase this but I was talking about guildwars 2, with GW2 you pay once for the game and the rest of the game is "free". What interest me about the way guildwars 2 is getting there funds is that the in game currency can be exchanged for gold, this gold when spend helps the devs/company gain money. I'm not sure exactly how it works but the devs for that game are literally always releasing content do to there system. And just like hawken the ingame currency you exchange is for cosmetic use and items like that. As for numbers, I just through a random number. I'm sure if the devs did this they could figure out the financial stuff when it comes to numbers. Nethertheless it was just an thought nothing more.

Edited by Onstrava, August 18 2014 - 03:03 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Dohka

Dohka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted August 18 2014 - 04:23 AM

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

10 dollars for 1400 ish..it's already pretty cheap

This buys you a mech and nothing left over to upgrade it. it should at least give you enough for a mech and an internal and item of your choice. or no internal or item but unlock and alt weapon
Dohka : The one and only

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users