HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Forums need members who are full blown mods

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:09 PM

I understand the stance of the Devs, but having members who are respected and community elected to be mods to help root out the trash and garage is key.

For Player mods!

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:29 PM

Technically we do, but they're not allowed to use their powers on everything.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:40 PM

One aspect that is not often brought up, is if you honestly think something is just Not Quite Right, click that little Report link at the bottom of the post. It's sensible, doesn't contribute to any negativity possibly already effervescing, and it's private.
If you're wrong, so be it. If you're right, whatever is sliming up the works will be dealt with much more rapidly than loading up a thread with a flamethrower.
I don't do it, because I'm immature and enjoy acting like a dork on occasion, and have a reputation to uphold. :D
Really folks, use what we have until Something Else comes along.

edit: as mentioned elsewhere, if you think it's urgent enough (criminal, legal liability, etc), direct PM ZC, Defter, Hoogs, whoever.

Edited by EM1O, August 16 2014 - 02:45 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#4 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 16 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

If I may ask... Then whats the point_

Edited by cornshuckerprime, August 16 2014 - 02:41 PM.

it's always been wankershim

#5 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:51 PM

View Postcornshuckerprime, on August 16 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

As far as I know, they help ensure that new members aren't posting spam before they let them become full members capable of posting on the forums. Most people in the convo, if not all, started here before this system was implemented and so may not be familiar with it.
Also as far as I know, it was put in place to stop the babaji problem.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 16 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image

#6 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Postcornshuckerprime, on August 16 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

They are here to combat spam. For a while, we had a major issue with spam-bots flooding the forums. They way things are set up, the devs couldn't just give these people limited-moderation abilities only for spam. So they are technically full blown mods, but they have rules about what they can and can't moderate.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#7 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:57 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 16 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Also as far as I know, it was put in place to stop the babaji problem.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 16 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

They are here to combat spam. For a while, we had a major issue with spam-bots flooding the forums. They way things are set up, the devs couldn't just give these people limited-moderation abilities only for spam. So they are technically full blown mods, but they have rules about what they can and can't moderate.

Correct. Read all about it here: https://community.pl...-spam-warriors/

#8 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted August 16 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'd volunteer.  

I've been the Admin (not a limited moderator, but the guy with the server passwords) for a motorcycle roadracing site for about 8 years, now (it's all-but defunct, because FB).
Posted Image

#9 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 04:58 PM

i want to add features to the site and game let me be a dev =) since the others are pressed and have so much going on i'll do menial additions such as stats and filters for free
i don't mean any of it

#10 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted August 16 2014 - 06:00 PM

No thanks. In my humble opinion, this would lead up to create some kind of content "mafia". I think the forums are okay at the current state,  what´d happen if back then , with the reducethedelay , or the nerfscoutplz dramas we had user moderators_...  some big names were/are relly really really pro / against  those subject. I´d hate to see some biased moderating just because friends via PM suggest things, no no no. I think that would be worse.

Posted Image

#11 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostEstif, on August 16 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

No thanks. In my humble opinion, this would lead up to create some kind of content "mafia". I think the forums are okay at the current state,  what´d happen if back then , with the reducethedelay , or the nerfscoutplz dramas we had user moderators_...  some big names were/are relly really really pro / against  those subject. I´d hate to see some biased moderating just because friends via PM suggest things, no no no. I think that would be worse.

but how else are we toget moderators if not try some _ its not hard for someone to be unbiased, and its impossible to say even a total stranger whos getting paid will be unbiased so i see no issue with using people from the community to do moderating,there are logs and such i dont think a mod can abuse you without you being able to defend yourself to someone higher up

as for nerfing, thats not what the op is talking about thats part of the dev teams work not mod team

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 16 2014 - 06:21 PM.

i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users