HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken pretty "active"

Game Facebook Fanart Twitter Website

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rentago

Rentago

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCompton, CA

Posted August 16 2014 - 07:12 PM

Alright, I don't know about you guys, but death match, and only deathmatch is pretty lame and boring, but thankfully there are no players to actually kick off any other mode going on in other servers.

I'm pretty disappointed actually, this huge hit started when the game decided that removing mech pilot customization traits was dumb and then saying that the game needed to be super fast paced.

what it did was annihilate what made the game interesting if not good to a lot of players, we now have our remaining 12 mlg esport West players playing death match 24/7.

Now maybe the developers feel they only need enough to fuel east coast at any given point to be a good game, certainly this game look good, has a lot of cool robots, but its the idea of what the combat has just been boiled down to. I liked the slug outs people would have when things were more tanky, I liked that it became more of a team effort and not just one man being sporadic getting multikills.

I also liked when we could customize our traits for a mech so that we could choose to focus on tank, mobility, or damage.

It meant that everyone was welcomed to play their playstyle in a mech, maybe some liked slugging it out while others wanted to be nimble, but as it stands, this game is pretty dead, and even if a moderator removed this post and censors the fact this game is dead, it wont change that your last bit of community is only on east coast.

I dont want to have to have 200 ping connecting to australia to find a match in siege.

Edited by Rentago, August 16 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#2 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 16 2014 - 07:56 PM

Play US East.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#3 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostSS396, on August 16 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Play US East.
I choose not to play on East for the same reason as OP. I can't stand the lag (Teleporting, no hitreg, you name it). I just want to play a game, not have to work around a game's flaws. Unfortunately, this means that until this game gets some a lot more players, I'm stuck with sitting in queue for 15+ minutes to get in a 1v1 dm with some low-rank player who then leaves before or shortly after the match starts, and then the cycle repeats.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#4 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:36 PM

Wait what_ With the title I was expecting an at least somewhat positive post... Also, I've had some fantastic matches on West recently. I will admit that good matches, or any matches, on West are much less often than I play though. East continues to be vibrant though.

if you're internet can't handle the ping though for east I cant really recommend a solution. Maybe try starbucks, from what I know a lot of their places just got google wifi, which I have found to be super fast! And low USE ping...

Also, if you want to add me in game or on steam (same name), feel free and I'll hit you up anytime I see action on USW
Signing on the dotted line

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:23 PM

ok...
i read this twice, and i just would like to know wtf is this thread about_
wtf_
do you have a specific topic/subject here_

lame.

sorry.

not.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:37 PM

If you want to kick off a different kind of game than DM, then you can always do that yourself. Your problem is waiting around for someone else to start a game for you.

We pick the games we want to play, not the devs, and they don't choose on a whim which region is full of players, we do.

Posted Image

#7 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:00 PM

DM is the real mode, TDM is boring and lame. That's the truth! :D

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#8 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:15 PM

I'm from Australia and there was nobody there. My friend came on and I was like "oh, hey want to play a match on US-West_" he agreed and we checked the servers. Every server was empty - which is not unexpected, so then we just started a DM with only the two of us. We began playing our first match and we were 3-quarters way through it.

Then Xacius came.
:mellow:

Now you must understand that I had 250+ ping, AND that I am not a skilled player and the only reason that he got into the match was because my friend is a good player and that there were no other people on the server.........

Why US-West players have you forsaken me to this fate!_ :(

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, August 16 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#9 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:38 AM

Hey, like I said earlier in thread, action USW does exist! Yes it is rare, yes it involves you know who raging, but... West Coast Best Coast! Anyway, anyway, all feel free to add me in game or on steam, just send me a message so I know you're someone to hit up during USW action.

BTW: I'm in Oregon here, I can only tolerate USE ping when wired in... Try hardlining_
Signing on the dotted line

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Facebook, Fanart, Twitter, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users