HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to buy bundles_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:07 AM

I'm trying to figure this out for my n00b friend, I know I bought the merc bundle during the steam sale, I can't figure out how to get him there though.
Signing on the dotted line

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:11 AM

The bundles are not available for sale anymore. Your friend can't buy any bundles because there aren't any bundles.

#3 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostReEvolve, on August 17 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

The bundles are not available for sale anymore. Your friend can't buy any bundles because there aren't any bundles.

Huh. Well that kinda sucks. I mean he'll survive but still... Fuzzy bunny that noise

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:26 AM

View Postcrockrocket, on August 17 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

Huh. Well that kinda sucks. I mean he'll survive but still... Fuzzy bunny that noise
Honestly, this is an unwise time to be spending money on Hawken anyway.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:51 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 17 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

View Postcrockrocket, on August 17 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

Honestly, this is an unwise time to be spending money on Hawken anyway.

Why_ Because it will die soon_ Supporting the devs financially is very important right now. I don't know if you guys really think the devs are just sitting and not doing anything, maybe drinking coffee ...

If you people look at the development process as just creating content, then you're definitely mistaken. And I know you're experienced enough to know the importance of fixing backend stuff. Do you think people can enjoy new content at it's full with fuzzy chat system, broken VOIP, lots of bugs ...

You're a veteran here, and while everyone understands your frustration, you shouldn't discourage people from supporting the game even if you only mean to advice them for good sakes.

Posted Image

#6 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:11 AM

Also, if my friend spends maybe $10 he can have a couple mechs (even just with the MC deals), and therefore be more likely to continue playing...

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 17 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

Why_ Because it will die soon_ Supporting the devs financially is very important right now. I don't know if you guys really think the devs are just sitting and not doing anything, maybe drinking coffee ...

If you people look at the development process as just creating content, then you're definitely mistaken. And I know you're experienced enough to know the importance of fixing backend stuff. Do you think people can enjoy new content at it's full with fuzzy chat system, broken VOIP, lots of bugs ...

You're a veteran here, and while everyone understands your frustration, you shouldn't discourage people from supporting the game even if you only mean to advice them for good sakes.
I'm not about to encourage somebody to be stupid with their money out of some misguided loyalty to a videogame.

Hawken is a game in decline, with a history of troubled development.
And right now_ Right now Hawken is at an all time low, with the developers even more silent than normal.
Investing in Hawken right now_ That is fiscally irresponsible. With all we know (however little that is), there could be the very real possibility that it will end up being a waste of money.

Be real about funding the game. Hawken is unpopular. Plain and simple, there are just not enough people putting money into the game that it will save it if they don't have a big financial backer funding them or have run out of money. A couple dozen people throwing in $10 here and there_ That's not going to pay for upkeep. It won't even cover the salaries of all the employees. In order to get the sort of money to support the game from people paying for stuff, Hawken needs to pull in a lot more people, and that requires advertising... advertising it doesn't have.

And who knows what the devs are up to. ZC removed his HWK tags from his Steam profile. Defter has been playing an awful lot of Warface for someone who supposedly has a full time job. And Hughes seems perfectly able to make updates to his Twitter feed every few hours, yet he hasn't even logged in for days.

Who knows what's going on, but it sure as Hell looks bad, and the devs don't seem to even think its worth telling us otherwise.

Basically my logic goes like this:
We don't know what's going on.
If it's bad, investing is going to be a waste.
If it's good, then it doesn't matter if you wait.
So the best option is to wait.
From the consumer standpoint, that is the best option. The responsible option.

I've said before in a different context, but it's still good advice...
Be smart with your money people.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:49 AM

Here's the thing, video games are some of the best entertainment value out there. I think I've spent ~$30 - 50 on Hawken. I also haven't been playing for too long. Estimating high, $50/160hrs = $0.31 per hour. So say the game dies after my friend gets in 50 hours, and I had him spend $10 so that he isn't stuck with the CRT for the first few hours. $10/50 = $0.05 per hour. Worth it according to pretty much anyone I've talked to.

Regardless of the "supporting the game" vs "be smart with money" issue, a couple bucks is still insanely good value. 100% worth it IMO

#9 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:55 AM

Ouch.

Why would they take the bundles away_ Either there is something really major happening that would render them useless, like all mechs and weapons becoming free, an advertising campaign bringing the masses in and everyone lives happily ever after with only on cosmetics, or the cloud of doom becomes too thick and it rains blood on the game's horrible death.

(Got to love them extreme choices)

#10 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:07 AM

View Postcrockrocket, on August 17 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

I'm trying to figure this out for my n00b friend,
SUUUUUUUUUREEEE SUUUUREEEE