HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dev Tracking (Update Sep. 28th: Australian servers are back!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1316 replies to this topic

#1 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:28 PM

Like many of you, I'm wondering what's up with all the silence, and so I've been going about stalking the devs, trying to figure out what's going on.

This is what I know as fact (I will update the list, most recently learned information in blue-green):
  • ZamboniChaos no longer features his HWK on his Steam profile.
  • ZC last logged in Aug. 5th, to update Test Drive. Before that, July 28 was his last activity.
  • ZC's Steam, and Linkedin profiles list his location as being Austin, Texas. ADH offices are not in Texas.
  • ZC's Linkedin profile updated to indicate he's working as a Customer Service Representative at Trion.
  • ZC's Linkedin profile confirms he no longer works for Meteor.
  • Defter has played 54 hours of Warface in the past 2 weeks. The last time he played was Aug. 7th.
  • Defter last logged in Aug. 12th.
  • Defter was last seen in #hawkenscrim 1 week, 2 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes, and 32 seconds ago.
  • Hughes regularly updates his Twitter feed several times a day.
  • Hughes last logged in Aug. 13th.
  • Hughes responds on Twitter: "Unfortunately there is nothing to comment on quite yet. I wish that was not the case as I know fans want a taste of SOMETHING." (Aug. 30)
  • d6Chung logged into the forums on Aug. 15th.
  • d6Chung isn't currently working for MTR.
  • thangto102 logged into the forums on Aug. 7th.
  • Aug. 17th, Meteor "administrator" was online for several hours.
  • Forums have undergone drastic changes to UI and removing functionality.
  • Aug. 19th. "administrator" fixes my account issues.
  • Aug. 19th, forums fixed by "administrator". All functionality restored.
  • Someone added some billing and license type changes on the Steam database.
    http://steamdb.info/...271290/history/
    http://steamdb.info/sub/21438/

• Test Drive mechs were supposed to be changed August 13, and no news/change.
  • US East server locations appear to have changed. Some have better ping. Some worse.
  • Aug. 21. Defter active and confirming they're working on servers.
  • Aug. 29. HFC members have had their forum tags removed by Defter after request.
  • Co-founder Vitquay working with ex-HWK Vanashinkaku on personal project.
  • Sep. 28. Australian servers are back!
So basically, I know both jack and squat. I've talked to a few people who are "in" with the devs, but they appear to be just as confused and in the dark as the common player is.

If you have any SOLID information, please post it here.

I won't mind if you speculate, but please make clear whether you are speculating, or posting solid facts that can be backed up by evidence.

Adding a list of people who we know are still working for Hawken in some capacity:
  • Defter

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, September 28 2014 - 09:08 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#2 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

I wonder what's going on with the last logins...

Edited by driedjello, August 17 2014 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#3 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:49 PM

By "in", are you referring to those who've participated most prominently in The Cockpit livestream_ They had the privilege of talking with the Game Designer on a daily basis, if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty much everything beyond here is mostly speculation:

It could be entirely possible that the developers are simply taking a hiatus, and a few have been working behind the scenes... this partially explains the lack of communication and the exorbitant amount of time the backend work is taking. But think about it for a second: this project, HAWKEN, has had a lot of time and energy invested into it by both the developers and alpha-testers alike. More importantly, the game is f2p. As simple as it may sound, that fact alone should always be kept in the back of our heads, because with a f2p game, the devs tend to be rather sluggish about the work involved; there is no incentive for them to push themselves for any reason, as they are not pressured to fix what has been broken, since the playerbase is free to quit and join dynamically, at no cost to them.

On the other hand, you bring up interesting, concrete facts that indirectly further strengthen the viewpoint of HAWKEN destined to become a wasteland. However, while many would rush to conclusions, those facts alone do not fully prove anything, and nor should people take it as a reference to believing that the devs have abandoned us all.

I've already mentioned this once, but: What strikes me the most is for what purpose and reason is Meteor Entertainment preventing the ADH dev team from releasing anything specific or in the works (if any)_ Hughes already partially stated vague, explicit reasons for the silence and lack of content updates, but I have a hard time believing it upfront. There is always something to share, even in the midst of dark times, and it certainly does not, and should not, take this long to even remotely reveal something—anything. Yet, there is nothing to go off of, and nothing to discuss further.

In addition, the pure fact that there is not one single person maintaining these forums (with exception to the conspicuous 'admin' that was *probably* observing and noting that the forums have broke) does not sit well.

Edited by Draigun, August 17 2014 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 17 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostDraigun, on August 17 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

By "in", are you referring to those who've participated most prominently in The Cockpit livestream_ They had the privilege of talking with the Game Designer on a daily basis, if I'm not mistaken.
There's a number of people who have become friends, or at least in frequent close contact with the devs over the game development. They've achieved their "in" through various means.

However, while many would rush to conclusions, those facts alone do not fully prove anything, and nor should people take it as a reference to believing that the devs have abandoned us all.
Which is why I'm refraining my making any speculations in the OP.

In addition, the pure fact that there is not one single person maintaining these forums (with exception to the conspicuous 'admin' that was *probably* observing and noting that the forums have broke) does not sit well.
Technically the spam warriors are still around. But they can't really do much outside of get rid of spammers.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:17 AM

There busy assimilating.
Posted Image
On a serious note though, there isn't much we can do here but wait and see what they are planning if not anything at all. I've seen many different threads here and there speculating this and that but since none of us work for ADH it doesn't matter much what people say. The only thing everybody has to do now is...wait. I'm pretty sure thats what the majority of us will do anyway. For those who do leave though, well...Needless to say, you will get replaced by someone else in no time.

Posted Image

#6 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:45 AM

Adding some observations that I've noticed about the forums:

When I signed on today at about noon MST time, that Administrator was on.  I noticed there were multiple changes to the layout of the forums, recent posts window removed, profile lookups revoked and many other things.

I also noticed my post counts were rolled back.  I lost about 40 of them on my post counter, but there doesn't seem to be any missing posts of mine recently or at least I can't find them.

The forums are no longer showing threads that you have posted previously in.  There used to be a star indicator on the left side.

The forums are not recognizing you having viewed threads either, threads from as far back as June seem to show up as unread, even though I've read them and nobody has added to them since.  Even marking them as read, doesn't seem to take hold.

All in all its very odd and suspicious.

But watchout AJK, or a few people will call you a stalker when you do a simple google search of the names listed here and come up with addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other public info.  Pfft.  Like they are some kinda prima donnas and have never searched for someones names on google before.  :rolleyes:

I found some really interesting info in my searches, but nothing of it really related to anything to do with Hawken and this situation at hand.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#7 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:09 AM

ZC hasn't logged in since July 28th. Fact.

#8 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostDerMax, on August 18 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Wrong. Check the Moderating Team tab at the bottom of the main forum page.

AJK is right

#9 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 18 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

View PostDerMax, on August 18 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Wrong. Check the Moderating Team tab at the bottom of the main forum page.

Not wrong. His last "Active Time" refreshed because he posted the test drive. Before that he'd been inactive since July 28th.

Also, Hughes hasn't even read (let alone answered) my PM since weeks ago.

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostDerMax, on August 18 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

Not wrong. His last "Active Time" refreshed because he posted the test drive. Before that he'd been inactive since July 28th.

Right. I get you.

Update:
I forgot to mention, ZC's Steam profile lists his location as being Austin, Texas. Keep in mind, he had been moved to the ADH offices... which are not in Texas.

AJK is right

#11 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:31 AM

Creep factor increased +5 points. You've almost leveled up.

Posted Image

#12 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:36 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 18 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

Update:
I forgot to mention, ZC's Steam profile lists his location as being Austin, Texas. Keep in mind, he had been moved to the ADH offices... which are not in Texas.

This is correct.

#13 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:39 AM

And the fuzzy bunny forums cheese, why isn't there any news or fuzzy bunny. What the fuzzy bunny is wrong with devs_

Posted Image

#14 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 18 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

And the fuzzy bunny forums cheese, why isn't there any news or fuzzy bunny. What the fuzzy bunny is wrong with devs_
Didn't someone post before about where the cheddar was_ That was a good vid, I salute that man or woman. Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:35 AM

Right. I get you.

Update:
Probably on vacation. Remember, there are people who sometimes pretend that Steam profiles are social media.

A noteworthy observation nonetheless, AsianJoyKiller.

Edited by Draigun, August 18 2014 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#16 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:42 AM

Starting to get the feeling that they're just keeping the system running to bring in a little cash before they "close the shop".
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#17 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostDaPheel, on August 18 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

Starting to get the feeling that they're just keeping the system running to bring in a little cash before they "close the shop".

The most likely scenario.

#18 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:43 AM

Nero fiddles as Rome burns........
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#19 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted August 18 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostDerMax, on August 18 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

The most likely scenario.

That's a little pocket money.
Hawken IP changing hands would pay alot more.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#20 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 18 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostDraigun, on August 18 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

Right. I get you.

Update:
Probably on vacation. Remember, there are people who sometimes pretend that Steam profiles are social media.

A noteworthy observation nonetheless, AsianJoyKiller.
He already took a vacation. Plus his linkedin profiles says Texas too.

By the way guys, if you look at Twitter, Hughes especially, you'll notice they're doing a lot of tweeting about various nonwork things during hours that they should be working.

AJK is right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users