HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dev Tracking (Update Sep. 28th: Australian servers are back!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1316 replies to this topic

#1301 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted October 29 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostIareDave, on October 29 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Everytime you say the word toodles 10% of your testosterone fuzzy bunny out and turns into estrogen.

This could be you in the near future..

Posted Image

This post is disgustingly offensive.

Both side have thrown jabs, now can you all knock it off or are there any spam warriors brave enough to take control of this thread.

Just because the Devs are not around doesn't mean we should let the Forums go to hell.

#1302 statcom

statcom

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on October 29 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Just because the Devs are not around doesn't mean we should let the Forums go to hell.

Posted Image

#1303 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:10 PM

Both side have thrown jabs, now can you all knock it off or are there any spam warriors brave enough to take control of this thread.

They won't do anything, simply because it was aimed directly at me.  If the target was another person, they might do something about it, but again they won't do fuzzy bunny cause I've pissed them all off arguing about something months ago, and they feel I deserve it.  Its the very same reason they approved that first forumers Omniroach's post through the approval stage earlier and allowed the offtopic quote postings to continue.  They chose to approve that post.

Its not that big of a deal, I'm not bothered by anything that has been posted so far.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#1304 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:35 PM

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#1305 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:37 PM

#1306 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostSS396, on October 29 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

They won't do anything, simply because it was aimed directly at me.  If the target was another person, they might do something about it, but again they won't do fuzzy bunny cause I've pissed them all off arguing about something months ago, and they feel I deserve it.  Its the very same reason they approved that first forumers Omniroach's post through the approval stage earlier and allowed the offtopic quote postings to continue.  They chose to approve that post.

Its not that big of a deal, I'm not bothered by anything that has been posted so far.

It's cute and quite typical of your myopic worldview that you think the offensive part has anything to do with you.

#1307 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 29 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

It's cute and quite typical of your myopic worldview that you think the offensive part has anything to do with you.

Care to elaborate_

I see that post as a direct attack at me, intended to offend me mostly.

#1308 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:47 PM

No one cares about you.

We're taking issue with the language used.

#1309 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:54 PM

Dave's post - although directed toward you, SS - is offensive to the larger population because of its basis for disparagement (gender and appearance).  It's akin to using "homosexual" as an insult, and it's not something that should have been posted.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#1310 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:06 PM

This thread has gone on way too long.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#1311 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Dave's post - although directed toward you, SS - is offensive to the larger population because of its basis for disparagement (gender and appearance).  It's akin to using "homosexual" as an insult, and it's not something that should have been posted.

OK, well thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.  I didn't even find it offensive and same goes for all the rest of the posts from everyone else.  I just thought he was grasping at straws trying to find something to provoke me.  Shrug

#1312 SquirrelDash

SquirrelDash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:22 PM

so basically, the concern is that the devs have left permanently, and that hawken is in a state of purgatory_  am I reading into the situation correctly_

it's bad when you get bad news from the devs, but it's worse when you have no news.  it's obvious that something is wrong, since there aren't even any forum moderators left to lock this god forsaken thread.

#1313 statcom

statcom

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:33 PM

technically any one of the 'spam warriors' could step in and nuke this, and tbh they probably should because this thread is literally cancer

#1314 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted October 29 2014 - 08:00 PM

Well, the fact that the game servers are still up is one thing though.

Though probably because of the subscription length to the host.

Edited by Rei, October 29 2014 - 08:01 PM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#1315 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:07 PM

I'll sum this thread right here right now.

Posted Image

#1316 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on October 29 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'll sum this thread right here right now.

wtf did i just watch

#1317 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 AM

View Postcomic_sans, on October 29 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on October 29 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on October 29 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on October 29 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on October 29 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostSS396, on October 29 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

lol.

Any != ALL.  How about you acknowledge that one_  Should of chosen a better work to restrict your domain accordingly.

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

View PostSS396, on October 28 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

"His MMR prevents him from accessing any matches"  That statement is false, if he chooses a mode by quickmatch it will eventually find a match for him, just because a high tier match (2200+) isn't immediately available does not mean its IMPOSSIBLE to get stuffed into one automagically by the quick match feature of the game AS YOU ASSERTED.  Also, he could find scrims with several of his cohorts, or get onto private servers where the MMR restriction is turned off, or simply get into a party with a much lower player.  So your choice of word "ANY" is simply incorrect rendering the statement completely false.  See any means at least 1, so All I have to do is prove that he can infact get into one single game, which we all know is easily possible, Right_  

You're correct in that I've used too sweeping a term re: “any”. You're less correct than you think, though. When your MMR climbs past the 2600 mark, quickmatch frequently fails to find matches. It simply times out. You quickmatch again, and it times out. You quickmatch a third time, and it times out. Forget searching for a specific gametype, you won't find games across gametypes or across regions. These timeouts happen regardless of open, low-MMR matches. I have personally sat through quickmatch requeues for 30+ minutes.

As for scrims, Omni plays infrequently and typically shows only for matches (or for the occasional scrim request from friendly teams). Even when we were highly active, scrims weren't exactly abundant. If you think that finding scrims with your statistical outlier cohorts is simple, then you've never been a statistical outlier. Not in the good sense, anyway.

As for joining on friends, well, friends list. Also, joining on friends doesn't evade MMR restrictions. As for the private servers, people don't use them as frequently as you apparently think. In fact, people typically use them only for practice, scrims, or matches (which is their purpose).

So you see, even though it is technically possible for Dave to find games, it's far from frequently feasible. Also note that your demands upon Dave re: public servers – that he stick with the matchmaker or join through parties ( the latter rendered more difficult without a functional friends list) – result in much the same end: Dave will find himself on servers with lower-ranking players.

The only difference between your demands and Dave's “smurfing,” then, is that the former requires that Dave sit twiddling his thumbs while matchmaking continuously denies him games. And that's a ridiculous sentiment coming from someone whose patience couldn't withstand even a single match against Dave.

Now, I've humoured your attempt at playing semantics, but it's important that you realize that hedging a term (or failing to, in my case) is very different from equivocation (which is what you did). I'll explain that again here, since you seem intent on ignoring it:

View PostNept, on October 28 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

What I said: There's nothing unfair about having superior skills in a video game (and using them).  Mollycoddling community members by preventing them from playing against stronger opponents has nothing to do with "fairness"; it's simply a means of maximizing community retention . . . Now if you were attempting to argue that it wasn't "fun" for the weaker players, then you might find yourself with some footing.  Even then, though, you're casting an overly-wide net by painting all players with the same negative nancy, woe is me attitude that you've assumed as of late.

What you had said: So yeah, someone with the in game skills to get 2797.2271728515625 MMR has to play smurf accounts and blame the matchmaker for not letting them into matches where his skill out weights everyone in the rest of the match.  You think your piloting skills get lower if you start a new account_  Can't you see how completely fuzzy bunny unfair that is_

What you changed your position to:  "it is not fun to be on the receiving end of that.  And since you can't seem to understand that, it must mean that you've never experienced that before, but just think about how you would feel"

The moment you understand that little fact, we can move onto another discussion.

View PostVeritasnous, on October 29 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

Nept: "Any" was followed by comments about the amount of time it takes to find matches. I took you as quantifying over matches that could be found in a reasonable amount of time.

So there was really no need to abandon "any" as too sweeping a term, since your follow up comments restricted the domain nicely. ;)

Dave's smurfing sometimes frustrates me, but even at the 2100-2200 level it can often be hard to find a 2-3 star match, so I don't hold it against him. At least Dave's not an arse about it, whereas a decent section of the 2600+ gang come into lower level matches and spread the arrogance and superiority on thick.

It seems to me this very subject has already been addressed by everyone, but you. Your use of vague terms in the hopes of finding a hole only shows a lack of understanding in logical argument frame work as its rule #1 not to be vague and #2 to use specificity of language which you have clearly not done in the hopes of creating a "trap" for those responding. This does not add to the validity of your argument in the slightest.

Also you should look at the second meaning of the word "whichever of a specified class might be chosen." This meaning implies a choice of which the player has none as I stated earlier.

View PostNept, on October 29 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Leon bringing the Truth Train into the Devastation Station!

Toot Toot!

Ohhhhh SNAPPLEBERRIES.

You can't unload a pain train into the already-occupied devastation station.  It's poor form.

I'd love to see SS396 actually reply to the quote pyramid.  If I were in his position, I'd probably cop out like a little b!tch-baby too.

This is possibly the most convoluted quote pyramid I've ever seen here.
Is it_

This is really the only recourse in a dev tracking thread when there's no devs left to track!

Also, I really like how you guys continued the pain train/devastation station metaphor.
Quote it baby one more time.
#ILovePyramids

I am terribly sorry for this
I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users