HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to start the game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted August 29 2014 - 10:40 AM

So my computer automatically restarted for some reason when I started the game and now when I try to run it it says Hawken has stopped working. I already tried reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work
Posted Image

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 29 2014 - 10:45 AM

Did you already check if there is a Hawken-related error record in Window's event viewer_ If so please post the excact wording of the error title and error description in this thread.

Did you already try the solutions listed in here: http://steamcommunit...52451325040024/ _

When you uninstalled Hawken via Steam did you manually delete both Hawken folders in the "SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common" and in the "Documents\My Games" folders before you reinstalled the game_

#3 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

lots of things you can try from Software to Hardware.  

Software: Reimage your Hard Drive back to factory installed state or just reinstall windows.

Hardware: disconnect everything.  EVERYTHING!  Power supply, video card, memory, etc.  might have a loose connection somewhere.

I know its not much but if you tried everything else... then you have to think.  What haven't you tried_

#4 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

weird, are you launching I assume from steam_  If so might try to dig into the hawken files and launch directly from the game and see.  And no I dont know where that file is or anything, so probably not too helpful.  Probably wudnt be that anyways since you reinstalled unless theres a file be left over that isnt being replaced thats preventing it.  I once was messing with the ini and some how inputed something that didnt read right and it would crash the launcher everytime it tried to start up.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#5 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 29 2014 - 10:49 AM

The first thing I always suggest here is running steam in admin mode, and verifying the integrity of the game cache.

#6 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted August 29 2014 - 10:59 AM

Rebooting might have something to do with you BIOS!

If you have a new motherboard with dual bios and can re-flash your primary Bios with the backup then you might consider doing just that.

My rig became unstable and I was pissed to say the least.  After trying everything I could think of, I did the bios trick and its been running stable ever since.

You would think that it couldn't happen that a bios would get corrupt, but sh*t really does happen.

#7 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted August 29 2014 - 11:11 AM

I fixed it by renaming the hawken folder in the My Documents to "hawkenbackup"
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users