HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

In Game voice chat not working

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 05 2014 - 10:09 AM

I have been reading a few post and seeing some messages in game that makes me think that the in game chat is sometimes working.  I have not heard any in game chat for a very long time.  It use to work for me a long long time ago but I muted one person and then I never hear anyone again.  Is there something that I need to do to get the in game voice chat working again_

Thanks

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 05 2014 - 10:16 AM

Works on SOME servers for me SOMEtimes.

Posted Image

#3 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 05 2014 - 10:27 AM

Voice chat has been mostly broken for months.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#4 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted September 05 2014 - 10:36 AM

and months ;) It's a technical debt thing...
Posted Image

#5 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 05 2014 - 11:27 AM

Nope, there's nothing you can do on your side to make it work. It either works or it doesn't, mostly doesn't.

Posted Image

#6 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted September 05 2014 - 11:35 AM

I dunno, when I get mine to work it almost always cuts out after synching my account. Had a hilarious match a few weeks ago where I said something and somebody responded. then like 3 other people talked on their mics. I don't know what makes it cut out but one thing I notice is it almost always between transitions like occasionally respawning or switching maps.

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted September 05 2014 - 03:04 PM

I see i'm not the only one holding colloquial pronunciation of one's location lessons :)
On topic: sounds like a software issue. hahahahahah. uh, huh_

Edited by EM1O, September 05 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 05 2014 - 04:20 PM

View Postzorin1, on September 05 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Is there something that I need to do to get the in game voice chat working again_

Nope. Unfortunately the VOIP feature is buggy and ceases to function a lot for most people. The VOIP problems are known for a long time but it seems to be quite difficult to fix. The devs were thinking about replacing the current VOIP system with a completely new one. However, it wasn't put into focus in the recent months and I don't think that will change. :mellow:

#9 Bobakanoosh

Bobakanoosh

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 08:43 PM

That seems so illogical though given that Hawken is such a team-driven game.

I remember when the VOIP was much more stable, and whenever I got into a match with voice chatting players, the team cohesion was fantastic! I feel like a big part of the game went missing along with the VOIP...

I wish I knew if the devs are treating the VOIP issue seriously at all. How can a company leave a broken mechanic in a live/released game for such a long time_

#10 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 23 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostBobakanoosh, on September 23 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

That seems so illogical though given that Hawken is such a team-driven game.

I remember when the VOIP was much more stable, and whenever I got into a match with voice chatting players, the team cohesion was fantastic! I feel like a big part of the game went missing along with the VOIP...

I wish I knew if the devs are treating the VOIP issue seriously at all. How can a company leave a broken mechanic in a live/released game for such a long time_

Logic has nothing to do with it. VOIP broke after they switched to an experimental setup using Amazon servers. With the unspecified technical debt they're currently working to correct, VOIP is most likely one of the top issues they're focusing on. It has definitely not gone unnoticed by devs.

Edited by nokari, September 23 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Bobakanoosh

Bobakanoosh

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 24 2014 - 10:28 AM

View Postnokari, on September 23 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Logic has nothing to do with it. VOIP broke after they switched to an experimental setup using Amazon servers. With the unspecified technical debt they're currently working to correct, VOIP is most likely one of the top issues they're focusing on. It has definitely not gone unnoticed by devs.

Well I hope that they can address it soon. How long has it been since VOIP broke_ months_ I feel like the playerbase is really suffering number losses because of this issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users