HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Only ~5 maps_ Can users make maps, id sign up for making

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 4Zim

4Zim

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 13 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hey guys don't you think the game maps drag the game down. the meks are great and most stuff, but when u look at the maps and game modes its the same maps for all modes and pretty bland on content. apart from second hand weapons custom and moer maps and a ctf, doh, this game is complete.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 13 2014 - 01:46 PM

There are 10 maps. If you count the alternate "winter" themed versions of Prosk and Last Eco then there are actually 12 maps. Unfortunately players cannot make their own maps for Hawken.

Tbh I don't get how people get tired of the different maps so fast. I for one am not bothered by the amount of maps. I don't get tired of playing them, especially when I switch between different games modes frequently. :)

View Post4Zim, on September 13 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

apart from second hand weapons custom and moer maps and a ctf, doh, this game is complete.

Well, let's not forget that there are still lots of technical issues (bugs, crashes, laggy servers at times). :P

#3 Rexal

Rexal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Locationin a cage of emotion

Posted September 13 2014 - 02:50 PM

You heard of a game in development_ yeah.......

Posted Image

#4 Malyngo

Malyngo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 13 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostReEvolve, on September 13 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

There are 10 maps. ...
I count 8: Bazaar, Facility, Front Line, Last Eco, Origin, Prosk, Uptown, Wreckage.

Which ones am I missing_

#5 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 13 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostMalyngo, on September 13 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I count 8: Bazaar, Facility, Front Line, Last Eco, Origin, Prosk, Uptown, Wreckage.

Which ones am I missing_

Bunker and the untextured Arena map.

#6 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 13 2014 - 04:25 PM

If the Devs would unlock/add more of the game modes on all of the maps that might help too.

Siege on EVERY map, that's what i'm talking about!

#7 Vlenzo

Vlenzo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHighLand

Posted September 13 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 13 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

If the Devs would unlock/add more of the game modes on all of the maps that might help too.

so much yes!!

MA mayhem PROSK say wat

Edited by Vlenzo, September 13 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#8 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 13 2014 - 09:39 PM

As cool as it may be to make maps, custom map mods would fragment the player base. They would need to have a full mod framework in place to download necessary files to play in matches (like CS) otherwise people will have to manually do it and not everyone can be bothered.

I also enjoy the level of detail in the official made maps and I wouldn't want to see maps from other games appearing in HWK because people would do that.

Edited by Zycon, September 13 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#9 Malyngo

Malyngo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostReEvolve, on September 13 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Bunker and the untextured Arena map.
Thanks, totally forgot about Bunker. Never played the Arena map, as this isn't in the normal server rotation, I think.

View PostBurnsHot, on September 13 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Wasn't there Siege on other maps as well, like Bunker and Bazaar, but they removed it because it was totally unbalanced_

#10 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted September 14 2014 - 07:04 AM

The balance issue on siege on the Bazaar map was completely overstated. It did not matter which side if you had teamwork.
It should be brought back.
New bigger maps would bring players back but they are labour intensive (not cheap to make) at the level of detail we get.

#11 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostCloudstorm, on September 14 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

The balance issue on siege on the Bazaar map was completely overstated. It did not matter which side if you had teamwork.
It should be brought back.
New bigger maps would bring players back but they are labour intensive (not cheap to make) at the level of detail we get.

I love the "hard" side of Bazarr map. Asymmetrical maps are awesome and challenging.
Another thing that should eb done is to get rid of the blue and invisiwalls. Let the players climb!

The walls/barriers should be around the playpen not in it!
If the dev's didn't want us to climb the terrain they should have never created one worth exploring.

#12 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 01:25 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on September 18 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

If the dev's didn't want us to climb the terrain they should have never created one worth exploring.

But immersion would go out the window if they removed it. I love the detail of the maps, even if I can't climb parts. They are supposed to be climbable... to a degree, but some maps have faults that need to be fixed should the devs ever decide to appear.

Edited by Zycon, September 18 2014 - 01:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users